[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Music to digest by...

General Itals

Not quiet a food question, but almost as important. My gf is hosting a dinner party in a few weeks. We are serving leg of lamb in mint sauce, asparagus, roasted potatoes, and homemade bread. The gf is a great baker. Double chocolate cake and a rhubarb cheesecake are her planned dessert specialties.

We want to have music playing in the background to accentuate the experience. Somehow, I doubt my Anthrax/Iron Maiden collection suffice. I also told her that her main staples of Coldplay/Mathew Sweet didn't cut it for me. :D

So what should be played? The crowd will be mostly 25-39 professionals. Fairly even between males/females. I have some Billie Holiday that I think would work. Also some classical, although I think that Beethoven's 5th is a little contrived and may put people to sleep. Any suggestions?

Sounds good... what time and place??

You can never go wrong with Frankie or any of the Rat Pack...If your TV provider has a music station you can put it on a station that fits... I think XM calls it Frank's place.... or a contempary station. I used to put a bunch of CD's in and play random songs.

Edited by sundaynfl

I'd say stay away from anything with words - get some cool (not smooth!) jazz - Duke Ellington, Gershwin, etc - or some interesting yet not obtrusive classical - string quartets, piano suites, etc.

I think it's always safe, and in the best of taste, to play the Beatles.  Almost everyone has a positive opinion of their music.

1379419[/snapback]

:D I sure do, if you consider "overrated" to be positive.