[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone buy the Draft Mags anymore?

CarryTheRock

I seem to buy them every year. The material is outdated by the time the draft rolls around...the ESPN that is out is outdated already with Free Agency. There is so much updated info on the net that it really isn't logical. They are easier to carry to the bathroom than my computer. :D I will likely still buy one but I'm not looking at as many as usual.

You guys still get them? If so, which is your favorite?

Are you talking fantasy draft or NFL draft?

For the NFL draft, I get the PFW Guide (runs about $20) - very comprehensive and a nice reference when droppin' some knowledge onto a newbie or BigScore1's head.

For fantasy mags, I usually drop about $6 apiece on the PFW and TSN mags; TSN has a FAR more comprehensive listing, and PFW features week-by-week stats; both go back 3 yrs with season stats for players.

IMO they are useful tools - nice, portable, and thorough, if a little outdated. Mix it in with the info here - because, after all, keeping up to date is YOUR responsibility - and you should have a nice base from which to tweak/overhaul cheatsheets.

Why would you look at even one of them?

1379370[/snapback]

Because despite the outdated mock drafts they still have the info on the prospects.

Chavez, I was talking about the NFL Draft mags. I do get in the same boat with the fantasy mags though. I get more from sites online but sometimes it is justgood to have something in hand. (enter bad joke here)

You do know that talk of fantasy football magazines will cause DMD to label you as a heretic and burn you at the stake.

1379435[/snapback]

Good info here.

Because despite the outdated mock drafts they still have the info on the prospects.

Chavez, I was talking about the NFL Draft mags.  I do get in the same boat with the fantasy mags though.  I get more from sites online but sometimes it is justgood to have something in hand. (enter bad joke here)

1379432[/snapback]

The scouting reports on players don't change, though team situations do.

Besides, as far as that goes, it's all rumours and speculation - you could run a real-time mock with you picking right before each team does so and still probably miss half the picks.

You do know that talk of fantasy football magazines will cause DMD to label you as a heretic and burn you at the steak.

1379435[/snapback]

I didn't bring them up so the torch can be put out.

I find I buy them just because I'm nuts about Fantasy football and love to get my hands on any info that I can. However, I usually regret it because come draft time I don't use any to draft. Another reason I buy them is because when I go on vacation I don't have interenet access so mags are better than nothing.

Seems the wife needs to tighten the leash on your WalMart adventures....

Agree with the good vacation read......darn...college hockey needs to run longer....

Very rarely changes my spread sheets.....bring on the draft????......what will Denver ever do without TO????

Almost any sports magazine is 'old news' by the time it's printed. Why read a draft mag printed in March or Feb that predicts New Orleans to take Leinert when they now have a QB? Info changes too fast to rely on something that old. It's like reading a summer 2004 article about how Kerry is going to swoop to victory! :D

If you need something to read, print off a website and take it to the terlet with you. :D

A waste of money unless you find an updated MAG prior to your draft.

"The Huddle" all the way!!!

1379574[/snapback]

It's a matter of coordination of biological function and temporary entertainment ... an outdated magazine is easier to browse in the bathroom ... I haven't mastered surfing on the laptop while depositing in the comode -- while I'm pretty handy flipping pages mid deposit ...

You do know that talk of fantasy football magazines will cause DMD to label you as a heretic and burn you at the steak.

1379435[/snapback]

I'd rather be burned at the steak than burned at the stake. At least I could get in one last meal. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

I've found that it fits into my schedule better to read a magazine than follow every college football player around with a stop watch, dumb bells, and tape measure. How else am I going to know if my team had a good draft? Wait and see if they make their pick on time? :D