[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hutch to Vikes is official

NoSupe4You

Seattle just got better using that money to sign Peterson instead.  They have a G on the roster that can do the job, but they have no one who has the pass rush skills of Peterson playing the strong side.  This signing also hurts Lofa's value a bit imo.

1379562[/snapback]

Agree with money better spent. If the backup guard is at least half as good as Hutch, SEA offense should not lose a beat that starting time and practice could not correct.

Walter Jones is the heart of that o-line.

Seattle just got better using that money to sign Peterson instead.  They have a G on the roster that can do the job, but they have no one who has the pass rush skills of Peterson playing the strong side.  This signing also hurts Lofa's value a bit imo.

1379562[/snapback]

We get it...you don't like the signing of Hutchinson by the Vikes. Why do you hate MN so much?

Glad it's done! Minnesota had the money to spend and they went out and spent it in the right place. Was it too much for a Guard? Well, Seattle sure didn't think so. Birk, Hutchinson, McKinnie... gonna be a tough left side of the line. Now we just need 2 more O-linemen, a QB, a couple of Linebackers, a Safety, and a D-back or two. :D

Let me guess, you are 1 of those guys that thinks great 0-Lineman are a dime a dozen.

1379597[/snapback]

Not at all. As a Seahawk fan, this is a bummer. A serious loss.

As good as Hutchinson is, the Vikings gave him 30% more money than the 2nd highest paid player at his position. That kind of maneuvering doesn't make you part of the "NFC elite".

As good as Hutchinson is, the Vikings gave him 30% more money than the 2nd highest paid player at his position. That kind of maneuvering doesn't make you part of the "NFC elite".

1379601[/snapback]

I think the Vikes were gonna be a good without this signing. they played great once the team got together towards the end of the season.

You add Hutchinson and hopefully for the Vikes, Birk, and that line is gonna be solid. also,they made some excellent defensive pickups last year that really started showing at the end of the season.

I am no Vikes fan trust me, but I really like what they have done player wise the last 2 years.

1379601[/snapback]

Then Seattle is not "NFC elite" either. They were going to match it.

1379562[/snapback]

They will have some serious talent with Peterson, Tatupu and Hil on the field together.

Take that Seattle!!  Finally, payback for stealing Bob Lurtsema! :D

1379639[/snapback]

How about we trade to Seattle:

Nate Burleson

A box of Donuts (for Holmgren)

Seattle Gives us:

Steve Hutchinson

Koren Robinson

Chris Kluwe

3rd round pick

Builing a good line is essential, the Panthers have been active for three years now with OL moves, granted the Meadows deal imploded, but Whale last year and Hartwig this FA period-OL is looking good in Carolina. If Minn can now put some more OL around Hutch and Birk via FA and Draft, then it will be a great move.

Edited by PantherDave

We get it...you don't like the signing of Hutchinson by the Vikes.  Why do you hate MN so much?

1379583[/snapback]

I dont hate Minn at all. Im not a fan of their team, but I certainly dont dislike them. I do think however they have taken a huge step back from a few yrs ago letting randy and Daunte go. As big a pain in the ass Randy was, he is certainly better than anything they have now or will ever have in the near future. Im sorry Brad Johnson, Chester Taylor, Marcus robinson, Troy Williamson and Travis taylor dont put much fear into DC these days. And for that matter, the Vikes LB corp or safeties are also a huge weakness for this team. Had Minny been able to control Randy and Daunte, and build the defense around them, and finally add a real RB, I could see this team as an elite team. In fact I even bought into the fact they were going to be d@mn good last yr. I was obviously wrong.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Firmly believe that the smarmy maneuvering by Minn is going to come back to haunt them. There is no doubt in my mind that Walter made Hutch look better than he really is. Could be wrong... but don't think so. Going to be interesting when other O-linemen want a raise and Minn is hampered by Hutch's contract.

Knew that the ruling would go against Seattle.... and I think it is for the better in the long run for Seattle that this happened.

I dont hate Minn at all.  Im not a fan of their team, but I certainly dont dislike them.  I do think however they have taken a huge step back from a few yrs ago letting randy and Daunte go.  As big a pain in the ass Randy was, he is certainly better than anything they have now or will ever have in the near future.  Im sorry Brad Johnson, Chester Taylor, Marcus robinson, Troy Williamson and Travis taylor dont put much fear into DC these days.  And for that matter, the Vikes LB corp or safeties are also a huge weakness for this team.  Had Minny been able to control Randy and Daunte, and build the defense around them, and finally add a real RB, I could see this team as an elite team.  In fact I even bought into the fact they were going to be d@mn good last yr.  I was obviously wrong.

1379910[/snapback]

What did Moss do to the team to be a pain in the azz? I mean I know he said some things to the media, but that was just to stir the media up. almost all his teammates said he practiced as hard as anyone and was very easy to get along with. I mean it was not like he was a Terrell Owens (and I am not using Owens name because he is on your Cowboys).just wondering if he did some things I did not read or hear about, because everyone loves to call him a cancer. just wondering the basis on this.

What did Moss do to the team to be a pain in the azz?  I mean I know he said some things to the media, but that was just to stir the media up. almost all his teammates said he practiced as hard as anyone and was very easy to get along with. I mean it was not like he was a Terrell Owens (and I am not using Owens name because he is on your Cowboys).just wondering if he did some things I did not read or hear about, because everyone loves to call him a cancer. just wondering the basis on this.

1379928[/snapback]

The big knock against Moss was that he would clearly take plays off, to the point where defense could tell that absolutely no action was coming his way. I mean the least he could have done would be to bluff at it every once in a while ot keep defenses honest, or jog to the action and throw a block. But nope... not Randy. He plays when he wants to play, and if he gets bored or isn't involved in a particular play, then he can't be bothered to help the team in ways that are beneath him.

The big knock against Moss was that he would clearly take plays off, to the point where defense could tell that absolutely no action was coming his way.  I mean the least he could have done would be to bluff at it every once in a while ot keep defenses honest, or jog to the action and throw a block.  But nope... not Randy.  He plays when he wants to play, and if he gets bored or isn't involved in a particular play, then he can't be bothered to help the team in ways that are beneath him.

1379940[/snapback]

Yeah I heard that to, never could see it though. I know alot of plays his job was to stand at the line of scrimmage and be ready for a quick screen. I also know on many plays he would act lacadasical for a couple plays just to sprint downfield and make a big catch as he would have the defenders off guard. I think the only reason the media made a big deal out of his so-called taking plays off is because he got so sick of the media asking him that that he told them that he did take plays off just to pizz them off and prove he did not care what they thought.

The only thing I have ever seen Randy Moss do wrong is early in his career he was flat out scared to go over the middle, he would drop alot of passes because of this.