[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keyshawn to visit Giants

Skrappy1

Ernie Accorsi said they would look to add another WR this offseason. I had expected to see it in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft though so this is a little surprising. I would rather see them make a push for Lavar Arrington but Keyshawn would give Eli another weapon. Still I think they should spend their FA money on defense.

Ernie Accorsi said they would look to add another WR this offseason. I had expected to see it in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft though so this is a little surprising. I would rather see them make a push for Lavar Arrington but Keyshawn would give Eli another weapon. Still I think they should spend their FA money on defense.

1380321[/snapback]

well, having a legitimate number 3 reciever who is not a TE or RB is a pretty big need...signing me-shawn and putting either him or toomer in that role would be hugh.

might even be enough tension between him and coughlin to start a nice reality show as well for extra income...as far as taking a WR in the second or third round, id love for them to draft martin nance as well

True. I think you have to think beyond this year too so I hope they do draft a WR with some promise like Nance. I think it is risky bringing in anyone that could possibly disturb the team but if Coughlin keeps him in line and it gives the giants another weapon I am all for it. I do hope it isn't too hefty of a contract if he is signed though.

well, having a legitimate number 3 reciever who is not a TE or RB is a pretty big need...signing me-shawn and putting either him or toomer in that role would be hugh.

might even be enough tension between him and coughlin to start a nice reality show as well for extra income...as far as taking a WR in the second or third round, id love for them to draft martin nance as well

1380333[/snapback]

I do hope it isn't too hefty of a contract if he is signed though.

1380339[/snapback]

word...thats why im thinking they will pass on lavar, resign Greisen and draft a LB in the first...greenway,carpenter, or whoever else that is still there and they have a good vibe about

They were talking to Paul Petino (sp?) on ESPN this afternoon. He's at the Meadowlands. He said Key flew in last night and had dinner with the brass. He arrived at the stadium this morning and met with Coughlin and then went to lunch with more brass.

He felt they would look to sign him to a cap friendly contract. Perhaps about a one million hit this year. However, he pointed out that they can still waive Frank Walker and save about $750K which would minimize the impact of a Key deal. This would still leave them with about four million in cap space to press for Arrington. He did not mention if these numbers took into account the money needed to sign rookies.

I think it's a good risk to take. Key is a very good hands guy. It would give the Giants a very tall group of receivers providing some pretty tough matchup problems. The only problem is it does not address the need for a speed guy. Jamaar Taylor maybe? Or the draft?

Tim Carter (I think thats his name) will make a good slot WR.

I dont see MeShawn being a significant improvement

He is not all that much better than toomer or plexico...actually i put all three in the same category

1380394[/snapback]

Except that Carter has yet to have a healthy year. :D

I think it's a good risk to take. Key is a very good hands guy. It would give the Giants a very tall group of receivers providing some pretty tough matchup problems. The only problem is it does not address the need for a speed guy.

+1

If Carter and Tyree could step it up they would have a pretty potent WR corps.

Except that Carter has yet to have a healthy year. :D

1380404[/snapback]

That the main rip on this guy. He does have promise. Maybe he's like a Stallworth. Just have to figure out how to keep his body up via doing the right strecthes and stuff.

I think this is a signing the Patriots need to step up and make.  They need a good, tough posession type receiver.  Belichick and Keyshawn are close from their days with the Jets.

1381904[/snapback]

Strictly from a fantasy point of view, I'm kind of hoping that Watson becomes that guy.