[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Fans

Duchess Jack

He's been in the league for 2 years. That means that even if his contract expired after last season (which I doubt, usually rookies get 3 year deals), the Dolphins have his exclusive rights for one more year. Then he is a restricted free agent for his fourth year in the league, meaning the Dolphins could match any offer he received.

Basically that means that as long as the Dolphins want him, he is theirs, for at least 2 more seasons. Only then would he be an unrestricted free agent.

Edited by CaptainHook

How long is Wes Welker on Contract.

I noticed that we signed Kelly Campbell and I don't want to lose Welker

1380518[/snapback]

Kelly Campbell is nothing special (he's got good hands and is tough, but doesn't run routes very well)... plus, just an FYI, of all of the headcases in the Minnesota locker room, Campbell was the worst. He just wasn't as well known so he didn't get much press.

But hey, a new location could do the dude wonders... sometimes a fresh start is really all a person needs to turn things around.

Kelly Campbell is nothing special (he's got good hands and is tough, but doesn't run routes very well)... plus, just an FYI, of all of the headcases in the Minnesota locker room, Campbell was the worst.  He just wasn't as well known so he didn't get much press.

But hey, a new location could do the dude wonders... sometimes a fresh start is really all a person needs to turn things around.

1380634[/snapback]

I think it's safe to say that Saban's locker room is run much tighter than Tice's locker room.

How much does coaching affect players?

Is CPepp a better QB with Saban than he was with Tice?

Just curious.

And this excites you?

Hopefully he's nothing more than a backup. I'd like to see Hadnot play C next year. McKinney did improve slightly last year but he's still a turnstile.

1384121[/snapback]

It does.

He had one year under Hudson and make leaps and bounds. Who knows what another year can do. Consistency is the biggest thing on an oline and I rather resign our own than get some guy on the downswing of his career or some project. Good centers rarely hit the market - so this is good. It also allows Hadnot to play what he is comfortable with...

It does. 

He had one year under Hudson and make leaps and bounds.  Who knows what another year can do.  Consistency is the biggest thing on an oline and I rather resign our own than get some guy on the downswing of his career or some project.  Good centers rarely hit the market - so this is good.  It also allows Hadnot to play what he is comfortable with...

1384134[/snapback]

This is the first Saban move I don't agree with. I'm just happy that he only signed McKinney for one year. And I hope that Hadnot starts next year.

Saban missed the boat on this one. He should have went after LeCharles Bentley, Kevin Mawae, Justin Hartwig or Melvin Foweler earlier in the year.

Look for Miami to draft as Center at some point in the draft - Nick Mangold, Greg Eslinger or Mike Degory.

And in other Dolphin news: Fox Sports just announced on the radio that the Dolphins are close to signing Arrington.

Zach

Arrington

JT

Holliday

Crowder

:D

This is the first Saban move I don't agree with. I'm just happy that he only signed McKinney for one year. And I hope that Hadnot starts next year.

Saban missed the boat on this one. He should have went after LeCharles Bentley, Kevin Mawae, Justin Hartwig or Melvin Foweler earlier in the year.

Look for Miami to draft as Center at some point in the draft - Nick Mangold, Greg Eslinger or Mike Degory.

And in other Dolphin news: Fox Sports just announced on the radio that the Dolphins are close to signing Arrington.

Zach

Arrington

JT

Holliday

Crowder

1384197[/snapback]

too many rumors this early...but dang, if true....

Zach

Arrington

JT

Holliday

Crowder

1384197[/snapback]

I heard it's either going to be us or jacksonville, and considering we don't have the kind of cap room that the jags have, he'll probably sign with them. I heard he would like to play in Miami but would he be willing to take a pay cut just to sign with us? :D