[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets, Falcons, and Broncoes 3-way trade

trrhyne

(KFFL) Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

:doah:  time for another new Huddle mock. :doah:

It'd be nice to actually get through one of these before deciding we need another one.

1381070[/snapback]

:D Maybe in April before the draft, we will keep this one going for three rounds.

Edit: Unless somebody else wants to start one after round one is done...

Edited by Outshined

(KFFL) Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

1381046[/snapback]

Could there be a 4th player on the table? :D

Wonder what the chances are that the Broncos are targeting a RB.

1381173[/snapback]

Broncos | Targeting QB with No. 15 overall pick

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:35:07 -0800

ESPNews reports the Denver Broncos are expected to target a quarterback after acquiring the No. 15 overall pick from the Atlanta Falcons in a three-team deal.

I firmly believe that the Jets should stand pat and hope D. Ferguson lasts until pick number four and grab him. Then with the 29th pick take Center Nick Mangold. This would guarentee a quality O-line for many years. The whole game starts at the O-line. In the second round the Jets have an early pick and take the best RB that falls out of the first round like Calhoun. I think also believe that the Jets should take a look at either QB C. Whitehurst or C. Broyle latter in the draft.

I firmly believe that the Jets should stand pat and hope D. Ferguson lasts until pick number four and grab him.  Then with the 29th pick take Center Nick Mangold.  This would guarentee a quality O-line for many years.  The whole game starts at the O-line.  In the second round the Jets have an early pick and take the best RB that falls out of the first round like Calhoun.  I think also believe that the Jets should take a look at either QB C. Whitehurst or C. Broyle latter in the draft.

1381238[/snapback]

Now this sounds like a great GM move to me.

I firmly believe that the Jets should stand pat and hope D. Ferguson lasts until pick number four and grab him.  Then with the 29th pick take Center Nick Mangold.  This would guarentee a quality O-line for many years. 

1381238[/snapback]

well...that's what they said that year oakland drafted gallery and grove..

I firmly believe that the Jets should stand pat and hope D. Ferguson lasts until pick number four and grab him.  Then with the 29th pick take Center Nick Mangold.  This would guarentee a quality O-line for many years.  The whole game starts at the O-line.  In the second round the Jets have an early pick and take the best RB that falls out of the first round like Calhoun.  I think also believe that the Jets should take a look at either QB C. Whitehurst or C. Broyle latter in the draft.

1381238[/snapback]

Sounds good and all, but if the Jets don't trade up, the Saints will take Ferguson and the whole plan is kaput.

P.S. "C. Broyle" :D

How far up do you the the Broncos could get if they packaged 15 & 22?  If they are targeting QB as ESPN is reporting... they'll need to get much higher than 15 to grab one of the big three.

1381398[/snapback]

I'm not so sure; I could see one of the big 3 falling to 15. That said, I'm sure Shanny has his eye on someone in particular, so they probably would try to move up.

drafting one?

FWIW, Abraham is not top tier IMO.

1381367[/snapback]

With the 31st pick? Unlikely.

Although I like them, Abraham is much closer to top tier than Wistrom or Fisher.

Although I like them, Abraham is much closer to top tier than Wistrom or Fisher.

1381594[/snapback]

This is what I wondered about...who would have gotten the most bench time, if they had acquired Abraham? Wistrom, I assume? I mean, neither Wistrom nor Fisher are studs, but they both seem good enough to avoid handing out a huge contract (and a 1st-round pick) to another DE. :D

This is what I wondered about...who would have gotten the most bench time, if they had acquired Abraham? Wistrom, I assume? I mean, neither Wistrom nor Fisher are studs, but they both seem good enough to avoid handing out a huge contract (and a 1st-round pick) to another DE. :D

1381605[/snapback]

If they had gotten Abraham, my guess is they would have released Winstrom and his bloated contract.