[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philip Rivers

Riffraff

I watch that and realize we'll find out if his pseudo-sidearm delivery will result in numerous tipped passes this year.

1381212[/snapback]

Good thing he's 6'5", otherwise he'd NEVER complete a pass over the tall defensive linemen in the NFL!! :D

Rivers will do well IMO...watch and see!!! Besides LT and Gates and a decent "O" line...he's got McCardell, Osgood, Parker, Jackson and the size and arm to get r done.....please bookmark this thread for a mid season review later.....someone will be eating their words.....Rivers has only to be a care taker in most respects....."D" will be fine....big worry for Chargers is no QB back-up unless you consider Cleo Lemon suitable (WHO!!) :D

Look for Chargers to get Collins, Harrington, Brooks or a QB in draft.... :D

Chargers are a playoff team potentially...provided lack of depth on "D" doesn't kill them..... :D

Rivers will do well IMO...watch and see!!!  Besides LT and Gates and a decent "O" line...he's got McCardell, Osgood, Parker, Jackson and the size and arm to get r done.....please bookmark this thread for a mid season review later.....someone will be eating their words.....Rivers has only to be a care taker in most respects....."D" will be fine....big worry for Chargers is no QB back-up unless you consider Cleo Lemon suitable (WHO!!) :D

Look for Chargers to get Collins, Harrington, Brooks or a QB in draft.... :D

Chargers are a playoff team potentially...provided lack of depth on "D" doesn't kill them..... :D

1381702[/snapback]

Was I the only one to see in college he was able to hit his WR in stride.

And in the NFL game he couldn't hit them in stride.

Therefore they caught the ball and went striaght to the ground.

Just a little thing I notice.

Was I the only one to see in college he was able to hit his WR in stride.

And in the NFL game he couldn't hit them in stride. 

Therefore they caught the ball and went striaght to the ground.

Just a little thing I notice.

1381782[/snapback]

That's all timing. If he practices with the first team on a regualar basis and for TC, that will be fixed. He did make good reads on blitzes however to get the ball out quickly to the open receiver.

Did anyone else notice how fast the score climbed in favor of Denver. It seemed like everytime he went back to pass, there was another TD/safety on the board. :D

Yeah while I didn't like Brees I can't wait to see this debacle.  Like a smaller level ALex Smith.

1381262[/snapback]

There's an unbiased comment. You didn't like Brees. You compare Rivers to Alex Smith. :D

So I guess we'll just go out on a limb and assume you're a big Jake Plummer fan?

any basis for these thoughts?

Cleo got traded to Miami last year.

1381940[/snapback]

My bad.....they have AJ Feely to back him presently....stick with my previous statement....need a vet QB or will get a QB in draft.....if I practice everyday with LT, Gates, McCardell, Osgood, jackson et al....I will become a better player.....particularly if I am the QB.....they first ripped another QB when he came into the starting spot....he too was 6-5 and his mechanics, etc were suspect.....he came from Pitt and he had as much a chance as you give Rivers to succeed....his name.....Dan Marino.......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :D