[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Allen Released

Kansas State 2000

Supposedly they're content going with Kyle Kosier ... I guess. We'll see.

Saw that one comin a mile away. Allen has been in and out of the Parcell doghouse for the past few years. He definitely doesn't have the dedication or drive he once had.

The Cowboys need to solidify their line with younger players. Would rather have a young guy in there with potential rather than a pro bowler who doesn't play to that caliber any longer.

Still sad to see him leave though. I believe he was the last player left from the Super Bowl years.

Edited by Wolv

I think they'll re-sign him for less $, but maybe Belichick and his $20 million cap makes a run at him? Tom Ashworth and Stephen Neal are visiting other teams today and we could lose 2 more OL.

He might be an old dog, but he is still more talented than a lot of the o-linemen out there right now. If he is indeed looking for a 3 year deal, he should find one easily IMO. I'd like to see the Vikes go after him too.

Does he have any decent tread left?

1381317[/snapback]

That's an interesting way of putting it. For Larry, its all about the condidtion and strength of his legs. He had neglected them for a number of years, concentrating primarily on upper body strength. Parcells was on him to use a more well rounded workout regimen and Larry resisted. A few years ago, he had numerous leg injuries that really crippled him. Last year, it seemed that he had taken Parcells advice to heart and started to work on his legs more. He was their best offensive lineman last year, although a pale imitation of his dominant self in the '90's. Flozell had a poor year last year, even before he got injured.

Supposedly they're content going with Kyle Kosier ... I guess.  We'll see.

1381282[/snapback]

Let's see, Lions cut Kyle Kosier and the 'Boys sign him . . .

The 'Boys cut Larry Allen and the Lions sign him.

I like it.

Peace

policy

Oh well, I know a bunch of people that have been arrested and I still associate with them too.

1383560[/snapback]

i wasnt trying to be funny when i looked at it i really thought thats what it said

but i will say that the boys have been on better behavior since irvin retired