[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donte Stallworth Arrested

myhousekey

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Donte' Stallworth was no saint when Miami Beach police officer Erick Pagan stopped him for driving with an expired paper tag on a black 2005 Bentley, cops say.

Happened at 5:05 a.m. Saturday along the 1200 block of Washington Avenue, near police headquarters. Stallworth, 25, handed Pagan his license, then tried to drive off, the report says. Detective Luis King asked him to step out of the car, but he ''refused by pulling away and tensing.'' Stallworth would not shut off the engine or get off his phone, police say. Officers charged him with resisting arrest without violence, cited him for the expired tag, towed the Bentley and took him to jail.

''Defendant then stated this was going to cost us a lot of money and that he would have our jobs. Defendant further stated he knew the chief of police and that we would be hearing from his lawyer.'' Stallworth could not be reached for comment. FYI, Beach chief Don De Lucca says he doesn't know him.

What's this world coming to when someone can afford a Bentley but not a license plate? :D

e2a: flippin license bureus

1381875[/snapback]

When you buy a car and get temporary paper plates aren't they just proof you paid for the real plates and they are in the mail? Something seems :D

The events after that are questinable. Maybe they were screwing with him. I don't now.

When you buy a car and get temporary paper plates aren't they just proof you paid for the real plates and they are in the mail? Something seems  :D

The events after that are questinable. Maybe they were screwing with him. I don't now.

1381907[/snapback]

Chances are the fools actually drafted him for their team last year but never played him on the couple of productive days he had. :D

too soon to tell. There will be two or three more versions of what happened in the next couple of days.

I could have been called a suspect in a drive by shooting in the early hours before. I was pulled over because my car backfired at 4:30am on my way to open the gym I worked at. They thought it was gunfire.

That doesn't explain the driving off or using the old "I'll have your jobs for this line."

a 50 yo white guy would have had a valid license plate on the Bentley  :D

1381929[/snapback]

So middle aged white guys never forget to mail a bill? I've forgotten to renew my plate before and I only have one car. I bet it's even easier to do if you have multiple cars and I'd be suprised if Stallworth doesn't.

It still doesn't let Stallworth off the hook for acting like a jerk. I'm just wondering if he would have been in the situation to begin with if not for the color of his skin.

Edited by gsmayes

Guest THEbigred
It still doesn't let Stallworth off the hook for acting like a jerk.

1381963[/snapback]

Since he's black, it would for a lot of people.

Don't you know that the jails are filled w/blacks because of this mass conspriracy by cops and judges across the country to serve "the man" and oppress blacks??? It's not like they were caught committing crimes or anything. Dude. yo.

LOL @ not just paying the fine and ending up tossed in jail. GB those rocket scientist NFL WRs.

Chances are the fools actually drafted him for their team last year but never played him on the couple of productive days he had.  :D

1381913[/snapback]

He had some good and bad games, but that doesn't mater in this. Did he break the law?

Since he's black, it would for a lot of people.

Don't you know that the jails are filled w/blacks because of this mass conspriracy by cops and judges across the country to serve "the man" and oppress blacks???  It's not like they were caught committing crimes or anything.  Dude.  yo.

LOL @ not just paying the fine and ending up tossed in jail.  GB those rocket scientist NFL WRs.

1382299[/snapback]

White people aren't in jails. I didn't know that. :D

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

Seriously, I have to wonder if a 50-year-old white guy driving a Bentley would have gotten pulled over in the same situation?

1381925[/snapback]

You betcha.

A buddy of mine was driving home from work at 12:30 A.M.He was pulled over for having a burnt out license plate light.He also happens to be white and 44.

This was last week.