[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I getting this right...

Duchess Jack

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying that at all.  Did anybody threaten anybody?  Force them into something?

1382947[/snapback]

Getting a lap dance is legal in Minnesota. So are strippers. But imposing that kind of "lifestyle" on people who don't wish to see it is why they are being charged.

It's pretty simple to me.

If you rented out a restraunt/bowling alley/etc. for a party, and asked for the place to be fully staffed, and then showed up and threw a sex party, is that OK? If Culpepper wanted a lap dance, hell, if he wanted to have sex with her, all he had to do was go into a private room. But according to prosecutors, he chose not too. That was his mistake.

should they have to watch that kind of shucks on their jobs?  Do the Vikings players get a pass because they play football?  If I brought a stripper on to one of their ships and had her perform a lap dance, would I be charged?

1382819[/snapback]

:D this is a f'n charter cruise boat, not the mark twain cruise at disneyland.

:D  this is a f'n charter cruise boat, not the mark twain cruise at disneyland.

1382984[/snapback]

Hey Az, read what happened in the trial today. Even the players said some of the crew were tying to avoid seeing what was going on. So the geniuses recommended turning the lights down. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

I really could care less.  If others were involved, they should be charged as well (although it is widely acknowledged that the players brought the strippers).  But I'm bothered by the fact that some don't think the players did anything wrong.  Imposing a sex party on the employees of a chartered boat is wrong.  Even if some of those employees did take part.  There are those on the boat who did not.  They were offended.  They were propositioned.  And they were trapped.  The players were WRONG.  They DESERVE to be charged.

1382913[/snapback]

but culpepper isn't being charged with bringing the strippers on the boat.

Ignorance is not a defense.

1382988[/snapback]

Got it. Next time me and about 40 of my buddies are going to throw a big bash, maybe a bachelor party, rent out a bar, get some strippers, I need to personally go around and ask every person there if it's ok if I get a lap dance. That's some good info, thanks.

Got it. Next time me and about 40 of my buddies are going to throw a big bash, maybe a bachelor party, rent out a bar, get some strippers, I need to personally go around and ask every person there if it's ok if I get a lap dance.  That's some good info, thanks.

1382998[/snapback]

:D Uh, you might want to make sure the EMPLOYEES of the establishment are cool with that sort of thing. As far as I know, none of the Vikings complained to the authorities. :D

Point?

1382999[/snapback]

you're arguing culpepper deserves to be charged with a crime for receiving a lap dance, and your justification is all this stuff about bringing strippers on the boat. it's nonsense.

explain to me why getting a lap dance and squeezing some booty is criminal lewdness, but sucking on a strippers teat and "participating in sex acts" with them isn't?

obviously, lines were crossed here, and SOME people deserve some minor punishment for it. i just can't for the life of me see how culpepper is one of them.

you're arguing culpepper deserves to be charged with a crime for receiving a lap dance, and your justification is all this stuff about bringing strippers on the boat.  it's nonsense. 

explain to me why getting a lap dance and squeezing some booty is criminal lewdness, but sucking on a strippers teat and "participating in sex acts" with them isn't? 

obviously, lines were crossed here, and SOME people deserve some minor punishment for it.  i just can't for the life of me see how culpepper is one of them.

1383023[/snapback]

:D

Please re-read my posts. I never said the charges are justified because the Vikings brought the strippers. Many Vikings were never charged. I even said that lap dances WERE legal in Minnesota, as the article said. But by receiving one in a semi-public place and groping her, he obviously crossed a line in Minnesota law.

I also said that if others participated they should ALSO be charged. Last time I checked, I'm not the prosecutor in Minnesota, so that's a question for them. It doesn't make Culpepper innocent.

But I'm glad you could twist my words around. At least we agree there should be some minor punishment.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D Uh, you might want to make sure the EMPLOYEES of the establishment are cool with that sort of thing.  As far as I know, none of the Vikings complained to the authorities.  :D

1383005[/snapback]

Yes, I get that. Apparently no one did that. STUPID STUPID STUPID, do doubt. Someone should be charged with a crime just for failing to do that! :D

You're saying I can't assume that whoever is throwing this private gig, has already taken care of doing just that. I have to go ask each and every employee working myself, I can't assume it's already been done?

Culpepper and Williams should have kicked the crap out of whoever organized this party for not making sure everything was cool. Makes one wonder how Smoot missed half the season with an injury. :D

You're saying I can't assume that whoever is throwing this private gig, has already taken care of doing just that. I have to go ask each and every employee working myself, I can't assume it's already been done?

1383188[/snapback]

I guess you might! :doah:

I bet Culpepper is wishing he had done that right about now. Although, I doubt very much that he was in the dark on the matter. Surely you would be able to tell by the employees reactions as things got started.

-- Judge Says Culpepper & Williams Received Unfair Treatment --

Wed Mar 22, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

#

AP reports a judge agreed that Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper and a former Minnesota Vikings teammate had made a case that they were treated differently than two white men who were not charged as part of a boat party sex scandal. Culpepper and RB Moe Williams are seeking dismissal of misdemeanor charges of lewd conduct. The players, both black, argue that prosecutor Steve Tallen passed up a chance to charge two white men, including the captain of one of two boats on the cruise. At a hearing Wednesday in Hennepin County District Court, Tallen said he declined to charge the men because the case against them was shaky. "I'm allowed to make that decision, and it has nothing to do with the race of these defendants," Tallen said. "It looks bad, though," Judge Kevin Burke responded. "I am quite convinced that these two guys could have been charged," Burke said.

1383188[/snapback]

You can assume anything you want, but if you're wrong, you have to pay the piper.