[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks a Raider

keggerz

RB Receptions for Raiders in 2005 - 90 (70 of which by Lamont alone)

Not to mention the stable running back, who by himself got almost 50 more recieving yards (563) then all of the Saints RB's combined (513).

If we are talking about a (one, not 3 that sub in for the injured starter) running back that is able to be a consistant, reliable escape plan for the Quarterback, Lamont Jordan is much better than Deuce McAllister ever was/will be. And that, plus Randy Moss could be what turns Brooks' career around.

The Randy/Lamont duo are much more lethal for a scrambling QB than Horn/Deuce imo...

1383673[/snapback]

Good point. As much as I hate Moss, he can benefit greatly from having Brooks there. It does (on paper) present a real dynamic threat on Offense here. Moss is a major deep threat, Brooks has an arm to reach him and is a threat coming out of backfield himself. Jordan is a threat on the ground and can also catch off the flanks, and then Porter over the middle and short. Wild cards Gabriel/Whitted and Curry give me a lot of hope.

Then again, the Collins/Moss/Jordan/Porter combo did last year as well. See what happens opnce we pull Turner out of the mix.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, the Collins/Moss/Jordan/Porter combo did last year as well. See what happens opnce we pull Turner out of the mix.

1383684[/snapback]

A. Turner was/will always be a garbage head coach, who forced Randy to run the "cross-over-the-middle-get-owned-by-San Diego-linebackers" route when he should have let him run as fast as he could down the field.

B. Collins is a snail, and couldn't run for his life if the biggest DT in the league were chasing him down.

Brooks can run for his life.

Which I'm sure will prove to be beneficial half the time, and the other half devastating.

Edited by kpholmes

A. Turner was/will always be a garbage head coach, who forced Randy to run the "cross-over-the-middle-get-owned-by-San Diego-linebackers" route when he should have let him run as fast as he could down the field.

B. Collins is a snail, and couldn't run for his life if the biggest DT in the league were chasing him down.

Brooks can run for his life.

Which I'm sure will prove to be beneficial half the time, and the other half devastating.

1383692[/snapback]

YES! This is what I was saying from the moment he was hired. He is arguably a good Offensive coordinator, but has had a piss-poor HC record since the day he left Dallas. I really do think he crushed the team the last 2 seasons singlehandedly.

As someone who has had Deuce McAllister in a dynasty league for a long time, I would like to extend my condolences to all LaMont Jordan owners. You don't get to touch the ball much when you are 21 points down in the second quarter due to Brooks mistakes, carelessness, or lackadaisical attitude.

Brooks sucks horribly. One of the worst QB's I have ever seen. He does so little with so much ability it is truly sickening. I've watched so many of his games checking in on McAllister I want to puke. He throws off his back foot, falling away, into double or triple coverage. He tries to lateral to offensive linemen. He makes poor decision after poor decision. The only redeeming thing is that he has to throw the ball alot to try and play catch up.

The Raiders were better off with Collins.

Edited by CaptainHook

He is so inconsistent it is maddening.  Just when you think he "gets" it, he comes out and throws 3 picks.

1383716[/snapback]

Very true. I can't see him taking the team far but I don't think he is gonna fail totally. He isn't a great leader and doesn't have that drive to just put a team on his shoulders. He has talent though and I'll take a gamble on him.

Very true. I can't see him taking the team far but I don't think he is gonna fail totally. He isn't a great leader and doesn't have that drive to just put a team on his shoulders. He has talent though and I'll take a gamble on him.

1383720[/snapback]

I will not. And I will downgrade all Raiders accordingly.

with the weapons around him, I can't imagine him doing THAT bad.

1383714[/snapback]

Didn't Brooks have Joe Horn and Deuce McCallister (two Top 10 players at their positions over the last several years, bar 2005)?? And he was THAT bad!

Am I missing something here?? :D

Jordan, himself also got 50 more recieving yards (563) then all of the Saints RB's combined (513).

If we are talking about a (one, not 3 that sub in for the injured starter) running back that is able to be a consistant, reliable escape plan for the Quarterback, Lamont Jordan is much better than Deuce McAllister ever was/will be. And that, plus Randy Moss could be what turns Brooks' career around.

1383673[/snapback]

I really couldn't care less how many balls Jordan or Oakland RBs caught last year. I definitely couldn't care less that you think Jordan is better than Deuce. And while Moss may just be what turns Brooks' career, don't care if it does or doesn't. But the point is, none of those have any thing to do with what Brooks had or didn't have in New Orleans in regards to a pass-catching RB. You can try to twist the argument or hide your initial contention any way you want, but there is no disputing the facts -- five years worth of stats show that Brooks did have a pass catching option out of the backfield (averaged 72 pass completions a year to RBs) . If you think his option is better now, so be it, certainly entitled to your opionion. But by saying he had no pass-catching RB option, you have either chosen to ignore the truth or are trying to convince yourself of something that simply isn't accurate (pretty much like you did by saying Oakland D was better than New Orleans last year).

Didn't Brooks have Joe Horn and Deuce McCallister (two Top 10 players at their positions over the last several years, bar 2005)?? And he was THAT bad!

Am I missing something here?? :D

1383736[/snapback]

Yeah you are: I said with the talent AND a new team, he could do well. Different environments affect people.

Brooks makes stupid decisions and throws a lot of TD's, but the guy has an arm. His totals the last few years:

2005: 2882 yrds, 13 TDs, 17 INTs; 281 R yrds, 2 tds

2004: 3810 yrds, 21 TDs, 16 INTs; 173 R yrds, 4 tds

2003: 3546 yrds, 24 TDs, 8 INTs; 175 R yrds, 2 tds

2002: 3572 yrds, 27 TDs, 15 INTs; 253 R yrds, 2 tds

2001: 3832 yrds, 26 TDs, 22 INTs; 358 R yrds, 1 tds

The guy isn't too far removed from some really good years. Now I am a Collins supporter and made it clear I thoguth they should have went after McCown, but this is a pickup that COULD have a lot upside.

The guy isn't too far removed from some really good years. Now I am a Collins supporter and made it clear I thoguth they should have went after McCown, but this is a pickup that COULD have a lot upside.

1383767[/snapback]

You are going to absolutely loathe Brooks within the next two years. Mark my words.

Brooks makes stupid decisions and throws a lot of TD's, but the guy has an arm. His totals the last few years:

1383767[/snapback]

Agreed. I just don't see how people can say this was a bad pickup. Raider fans who are against this pickup: what did you want to see your team do?

1383767[/snapback]

IIRC - you can add 13 lost fumbles to the 2003 stat line.

Does Brooks really have the arm for Moss deep? 

I don't watch the Saints much, but it always seemed like their deep plays were slants that produced YAC rather than deep hail-mary-esqe passes.

1383760[/snapback]

He throws a good deep ball when they ask him to.

I think this raises Moss' fantasy value overall, but doesn't really help or hinder the Raiders as a team as far as win/loss percentage goes.

Not a bad signing really, but I don't think he'll win you a Superbowl.

I think this raises Moss' fantasy value overall, but doesn't really help or hinder the Raiders as a team as far as win/loss percentage goes.

Not a bad signing really, but I don't think he'll win you a Superbowl.

1384064[/snapback]

Yeah... Collins wasn't the answer, and Brooks is? Doesn't Brooks have a reputation as a poor decision maker and a choker in the last 5 games of the season?

Maybe I'm missing something less tangible. I dunno. But, I don't think Brooks is the answer, unless the question is "who was that inadequate quarterback from New Orleans".

As someone who has had Deuce McAllister in a dynasty league for a long time, I would like to extend my condolences to all LaMont Jordan owners.  You don't get to touch the ball much when you are 21 points down in the second quarter due to Brooks mistakes, carelessness, or lackadaisical attitude. 

Brooks sucks horribly.  One of the worst QB's I have ever seen.  He does so little with so much ability it is truly sickening.  I've watched so many of his games checking in on McAllister I want to puke.  He throws off his back foot, falling away, into double or triple coverage.  He tries to lateral to offensive linemen.  He makes poor decision after poor decision.  The only redeeming thing is that he has to throw the ball alot to try and play catch up.

The Raiders were better off with Collins.

1383707[/snapback]

:D:D

1383767[/snapback]

Do you think the Saints fans are telling you this because of sour grapes? We hate Brooks for a very good reason. Brooks puts up great numbers, there's no doubt about it. But he also makes the worst decisions at the worst possible times. I can guarantee he will singlehandedly lose games for you. Whether it be by throwing an interception, taking a stupid sack, checking down to an outlet reciever when he knows he needs to get to a 1st down marker/TD, fumbling the ball, throwing a rocket 5 yards down the field or completely missing his mark.

I feel sorry for Moss owners...I've said it before & I'll say it again. I can't count how many times I've seen Donte' Stallworth streaking down the field with nothing but green between him & the endzone & Brooks either dumps the ball off to a checkdown reciever or throws into double or triple coverage to Horn.

Jordan, himself also got 50 more recieving yards (563) then all of the Saints RB's combined (513).

1383673[/snapback]

kpholmes,

Cordo's point had nothing to do with Lamont Jordan's pass catching ability, instead it was addressing your statement that Brooks did not have a pass catching RB in New Orleans

in Oakland he has something that he didn't in NO, and thats a pass catching RB

1383615[/snapback]

The New Orleans RB receiving stats Cordo supplies, prove your statement is not at all accurate.
Pass receptions for Saint RBs:

2001 - 79

2002 - 62

2003 - 78

2004 - 67

2005 - 76

1383656[/snapback]

Seems like a lot of people are leaving out one aspect of this signing....Brooks was signed to "compete" for the starting job. The person he will be competing with will be Andrew Walter. The Raiders are very high on this guy, and their initial intention during the FA period was to sign a veteran QB to backup or compete with Walter for the starting job...do not assume Brooks is the automatic starter at this time.

Adam Shefter reported this, ESPN reported this, as well as several Raider sites, Brooks was brought in to compete for the starting job. It is not his job to loose at this point...its Walter's.

As for drafting a QB or not at the 7th spot, no one really knows what Al plans to do. I wouldnt be surprised in the least bit if they snagged Young if he falls to them. Trading up for Leinert would be a possibility as well. Of the 3 top QBs, Cutler is the only one the Raiders have shown no interest in I believe.

Personally I hope they draft defense in the first 3 rounds, but that's me.

I've never seen the words "Talent" and "Brooks" written this much in the same sentence. :D

All I can say Raider fans is good luck.

Which will happen first?

Raider fans are whining because Brooks just threw another INT and is laughing it up on the sidelines or Brooks hits Gallery for a -10 yard pass.