[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Childress Interview this morning

Savage Beatings

Brad Childress is a good offensive mind. He'll make something out of nothing. Besides, that team needs some discipline. To say he is overrated when he hasn't even coached a game is beyond me. What has Mike Shanahan done for you guys lately? That's what I thought.

1384518[/snapback]

Did he coach for the Eagles? There are some Eagles fans saying Reid did the play calling.

Personally I see the dude as a tool.  he bragged about being able to have the GB job, like that matters, and compares Culpepper to Owens.  I wish we had Culeppper over Bledsoe, but then again, id take Bledsoe over Brad Johnson any day of the week.  Basically the dude needs to shut up and get to work. 

1384704[/snapback]

He's starting to piss off a lot of people from many different teams.

Childress will get this team to 14-2 and into the playoffs...then he will win the Super Bowl in his first season...

then you will all realize who the horses ass is...

1385172[/snapback]

That might me a stretch and I am a Viking Fan. :D Brad Johnson will not get us to a Superbowl.

Sorry Alex.

I do think that Childress is a better coach than the last two that we have had.

:D:D

Let's see

Bill Billichek...arrogant horses ass

Bill Parcells....arrogant horses ass

Brian Billick...arrogant horses ass

Mike Holmgren...arrogant horses ass.

A few Super Bowl victories there. :D

Brian Childress...arrogant horses ass...works for me! :D

Some of you get easily offended, again, I'll remind you this is football, not figure skating or tennis.

As far as Childress not calling that many plays in Philly....I think that may have as much to do with the fact Andy Reid is a flippin control freak more then anything else.

:D  :D

Let's see

Bill Billichek...arrogant horses ass

Bill Parcells....arrogant horses ass

Brian Billick...arrogant horses ass

Mike Holmgren...arrogant horses ass.

A few Super Bowl victories there. :D

Brian Childress...arrogant horses ass...works for me! :D

Some of you get easily offended, again, I'll remind you this is football, not figure skating or tennis.

As far as Childress not calling that many plays in Philly....I think that may have as much to do with the fact Andy Reid is a flippin control freak more then anything else.

1385196[/snapback]

Just cause he hasn't won a Super Bowl doesn't mean Any Reid's not an arrogant ass, too.

Vikes will be more than happy with Childress....he is of the same mold as Holmgren & Reid...same type of offense, same kind of playcalling stategies, and ultimately, same type of winning philosophy.

he'll probably also be an ass (and apparently already is to some Vike followers), but he'll win, just like the others. Just get him a real QB. :D

The only thing that could possibly generate this much animosity towards a relatively unknown coach, is fear or jealousy. Why else would anybody that's not a Vikings fan even care? The reaction that you guys have towards him is very telling indeed. :D

I took the Childress comments of how the Vikings didn't choose him, he chose the Vikings a bit differently. I believe he was speaking to the players when he made that comment. Basically he was saying that the PLAYERS didn't choose Childress. But he did choose THEM because he saw alot of talent on the team and it seemed like the best possible situation for an opening for him to go to - unlike the Packers who have no future. :D

I took the Childress comments of how the Vikings didn't choose him, he chose the Vikings a bit differently. I believe he was speaking to the players when he made that comment. Basically he was saying that the PLAYERS didn't choose Childress. But he did choose THEM because he saw alot of talent on the team and it seemed like the best possible situation for an opening for him to go to - unlike the Packers who have no future.  :D

1385774[/snapback]

I agree, Cap'n. I think the point he was trying to make was he saw MN as a nice opportunity and he chose to take it. I think people(as usual) are trying to make it into something it's not. It would take a special kind of fool to be so cocky to say he could have chosen any team(the way some folks in here are spinning it) before he has win one as a head coach in the league. I don't think he is that kind of fool.

Why else would anybody that's not a Vikings fan even care?

1385264[/snapback]

You thought we would care enough that we would read your initial post, and we did. FWIW, I think Childress is going to be sensationally mundane and the Vikings are going to have a succession of 9-7,8-8, 7-9 seasons, doing well in the climate controlled, artificial noise-ridden Metrodome and poorly outdoors.

Pretty much same old same old.

Also, do you folks really think this is going to be a better coach than Denny Green? The same Denny Green that had you in the playoffs nine seasons running?

Also, do you folks really think this is going to be a better coach than Denny Green?  The same Denny Green that had you in the playoffs nine seasons running?

1387451[/snapback]

Lets not get ahead ourselves here. I can say one thing for sure - he is going to be better than the coach who he replaced. I hope he is going to be better than Denny.