[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

big winners/losers in FA

Can I get a quick run-down of Tennessee's free-agency moves??

1385719[/snapback]

IMO, I think TEN made a good decision not to go after Brees (FA) or try to get Culpepper. By not overspending in FA and letting other teams manuever, they have helped themselves in the upcoming draft.

Sometimes making no moves is a good thing. And they did get Givens, so he shouild help.

Not a Cowboy fan up front here.....but you gotta like their FA pick-ups!!! If they address the "D" in the draft (which I suppose they will) look out NFC East.....IMO their biggest weakness is at RB---Jones & Barber won't get the job done IMo....

:D:D

<-------------- Read user name

1385655[/snapback]

I disagree. I think they have done pretty good. Not only do they sign Kitna, McCown, Cambell and Tucker, they GOT RID OF JOEY :D

I disagree.  I think they have done pretty good.  Not only do they sign Kitna, McCown, Cambell and Tucker, they GOT RID OF JOEY  :D

1385937[/snapback]

Anr their coaching hires look very good.

I'm not excited or depressed with the Steelers Free Agency, which is par for the course for them.

The biggest loss was Antwaan Randle-El, but, I would have been absolutely furious if the Steelers would have paid him anything close to what the bears did. They lost Chris Hope, but, replaced him with Ryan Clark, who I think will do just fine. They also lost Kimo Von Oelhoffen, but, he is getting way up there in the age department, and Brett Keisel has been impressive in his opportunities. He will be a better pass-rusher, but will have to improve against the run, which was Kimo's strong-suit.

They did a good job of keeping their own by restructuring with Hartings & Staley. Re-signing Deshea Townsend, keeps a veteran along with a promising young secondary. It appears they will get Verron Haynes re-signed, which I am happy about, as he is a very good 3rd down back and Special Teams player.

The only immediate need in the draft, imho, is a Wide Receiver. They also could use a Center to eventually replace Harting, as I don't think they are sold on Okobi doing that job. Though I would like to see them take a WR in Round 1, I have a feeling they take Mangold to be their Center of the future, and grab a receiver later in the draft. Need some depth at DE, Safety, RB, ILB, and might also take a mid to late round flyer on a # 3 QB, and an eventual replacement for Batch.

The biggest loss was Antwaan Randle-El, but, I would have been absolutely furious if the Steelers would have paid him anything close to what the bears did. 

1386196[/snapback]

Menudo,

FYI Antwaan Randle-El signed with the Skins...not the Bears.

Menudo,

FYI Antwaan Randle-El signed with the Skins...not the Bears.

1386209[/snapback]

:D After everyone saying for so long that the Bears would sign him, easily confused.

The Raiders free agency isn't amazing, but at least they are doing something. Not even bothering to try to re-sign Woodson, releasing Ron Stone, Collins, and Teddy Washington along with picking up Brooks and Poole I think are all positive things that will start to get them going in the right direction.

They need to look for one or two more experienced DBs, and a better LB to play alongside Morrison and Clark.

tennessee has signed:

David Givens, WR New England Unrestricted Undisclosed

Chris Hope, FS Pittsburgh Unrestricted 6 years

Kevin Mawae, C N.Y. Jets Other* Undisclosed

David Thornton, LB

4 solid players at areas of need, and they haven't wildly overpaid. i'd say they've done a good job.

how'd the eagles do?

1386576[/snapback]

I don't think they would be in either the Winners or Losers category.

The pick up of Gaffney could be interesting, but everything else they have done is not groundbreaking or stupid IMO.

Edited by TDFFFreak

You have to play , to win. The Eagles have done almost nothing :D