[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some literature on Key and the Panthers.

PantherDave

Dave, I just don't like this signing. I'm just not impressed with Key and think that he is being paid way to much. I heard S. Smith on Prime Time yesterday and he was all for the signing. (actually the interview was pretty funny). I think Key could cause problems with team chemistry in the long run.

What's your take on this?

Dave, I just don't like this signing.  I'm just not impressed with Key and think that he is being paid way to much.  I heard S. Smith on Prime Time yesterday and he was all for the signing.  (actually the interview was pretty funny).  I think Key could cause problems with team chemistry in the long run.

1385955[/snapback]

Key gets open, moves the chains and can block-hence he's Mooselike, and from what I've gleaned he has tempered his ego, or father time has for him. However, he now he's more of a role player/possesion WR, and he now knows this and accepts it. I think the positive environment of the Panthers organazation and the "family" like feel will rub off on Key as well-time will tell. I trust Hurney and Fox with the decision and they have added a missing piece to the SB puzzle. I personally I don't like the man, but as a Homer, if he can help them get back to the SB....Welcome to North Carolina Key.

Edited by PantherDave

..... I think the positive environment of the Panthers organazation and the "family" like feel will rub off on Key as well-time will tell....

1385968[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Familiy atmosphere. You mean like Steve Smith punching out his own teammate in the film room? :D

:D  :D  :D

Familiy atmosphere. You mean like Steve Smith punching out his own teammate in the film room? :D

1385986[/snapback]

Yes, and right after said incident, Smitty was called to the Big Cats office, and he had one of the most humbling sit downs he's ever had(according to Smitty afterwards). Since that time it's been smooth sailing for the organazation(it's been almost 4 years now). Mr. Richardson let Smitty know what he expects from his players, and the Cat's respect Big Cat in a hugh way, as he is the only former player who is now an owner. Dwell in the past if you must, be when a corner has been turned long ago-it's time to move on.

Key gets open, moves the chains and can block-hence he's Mooselike, and from what I've gleaned he has tempered his ego, or father time has for him. However, he now he's more of a role player/possesion WR, and he now knows this and accepts it. I think the positive environment of the Panthers organazation and the "family" like feel will rub off on Key as well-time will tell. I trust Hurney and Fox with the decision and they have added a missing piece to the SB puzzle. I personally I don't like the man, but as a Homer, if he can help them get back to the SB....Welcome to North Carolina Key.

1385968[/snapback]

But he is also away from Parcells, and I think Bill kept him in control.

But he is also away from Parcells, and I think Bill kept him in control.

1386003[/snapback]

Coach Fox and Mr. Richardson are no nonsense, and Foxis the HC of a SB contender-Key will behave, be a team player, or he will find himself looking for work, something a 33 year old WR might not want to do with a "disruptive prescence" tag placed back on them.

Key will behave, be a team player, or he will find himself looking for work, something a 33 year old WR might not want to do with a "disruptive prescence" tag placed back on them.

1386006[/snapback]

But with their $5M signing bonus tucked neatly in his wallet...thats the part of this deal I just don't understand. :D

But with their $5M signing bonus tucked neatly in his wallet...thats the part of this deal I just don't understand.  :D

1386035[/snapback]

I would say :D , most likely a move on their part to show Key their commitment, and to hopefully ensure a happy and productive Key, which still is a good thing on gameday. It allows the Panthers to threaten with Smitty on every play, and then bring in DC to also go deep-leaving the middle for Key to roam or a draw to Foster. He instantly allows the Panthers O to pressure the opposing DT much more so than last season. As for me it's Jeckyl and Hyde right now,as I don't like the person but I like the player on gameday.

:D  :D  :D

1385986[/snapback]

Well, make that a family where the Dad kicks your a$$ when you need it. :D

Fox should have the structure Keyshawn says he likes.

You never know, having a older, possibly more matured/mellowed (?) and revered USC alum like Key in there might have a positive effect on fellow Trojan Colbert, who clearly needed to get his head out of his ass after a strong rookie year.

You never know, having a older, possibly more matured/mellowed (?) and revered USC alum like Key in there might have a positive effect on fellow Trojan Colbert, who clearly needed to get his head out of his ass after a strong rookie year.

1386061[/snapback]

Very good point, as I had not yet made the USC connection :D I'm confident in DC stepping up next year, but if Colbert returns to form as well, then you have a nice WR corp in Smitty, Key, DC and Colbert.

Dave, I just don't like this signing.  I'm just not impressed with Key and think that he is being paid way to much.  I heard S. Smith on Prime Time yesterday and he was all for the signing.  (actually the interview was pretty funny).  I think Key could cause problems with team chemistry in the long run.

1385955[/snapback]

Do you have a larger version of you avatar ? I can't stop looking.... :D

1386061[/snapback]

You have to get the ball thrown to you to catch it...he avg. just under 4 targets a game last year vs right at 6 the year before....and he played hurt last season.... and I have hime on my FF keeper team and wanted a sleeper!!!!

All that said, I think $5mil for Key was HUGELY overpaying.

1386149[/snapback]

+1

I agree with all the things that PD has said, but, I do think that is a little much.

Yes, and right after said incident, Smitty was called to the Big Cats office, and he had one of the most humbling sit downs he's ever had(according to Smitty afterwards). Since that time it's been smooth sailing for the organazation(it's been almost 4 years now). Mr. Richardson let Smitty know what he expects from his players, and the Cat's respect Big Cat in a hugh way, as he is the only former player who is now an owner. Dwell in the past if you must, be when a corner has been turned long ago-it's time to move on.

1385991[/snapback]

I certainly hope it was a better pep-talk than he gave Rae. :D

Or Mrs. Lane :D

That family is more dis-functional than the Plantagenet's.

Edited by DKF

1386257[/snapback]

Marty Hurney was not the G.M. and John Fox wasn't the Head Coach when Rae Carruth and Fred Lane played for the Panthers. :D Who is your favorite team so I can pull up some irrelevant past news about them?

Marty Hurney was not the G.M. and John Fox wasn't the Head Coach when Rae Carruth and Fred Lane played for the Panthers.  :D Who is your favorite team so I can pull up some irrelevant past news about them?

1386391[/snapback]

I see you've conventiently left Steve Smith out of the conversation. When both Hurney and Fox were running the circus.

The Cowboys finally have some competition. :D

I see you've conventiently left Steve Smith out of the conversation. When both Hurney and Fox were running the circus.

The Cowboys finally have some competition. :D

1386433[/snapback]

The Smitty incident has already been mentioned in this thread. I was responding directly to the post you made about Lane and Carruth. If you had mentioned Smitty yet again then I may have given you another explanation. You're officially on my idiot list, congratulations. :D

1386257[/snapback]

Marty Hurney was not the G.M. and John Fox wasn't the Head Coach when Rae Carruth and Fred Lane played for the Panthers.  :D Who is your favorite team so I can pull up some irrelevant past news about them?

1386391[/snapback]

You made no mention of Smitty in the post that I responded to. Who's your favorite team again?