[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Grade of the Vikings FA's

Savage Beatings

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UMMMMM.....  who were the great skill position players on the Buc and Ravens when they won the superbowl?  For that fact how about the Patriots when they won their first SB over St Louis??  (Brady was still an unknown and they didn't have Dillon yet) :D

Also,  How many superbowls did MN reach with C-Pep and Moss???  :D

How many SB's has INDY won with their GREAT skill players??? :D

Seattle won a Superbowl with their great Skill players,  NOT :doah:

Fantasy Football championships rely on great skill players, But it is FANTASY.  :D

1389492[/snapback]

Well put. There's a lot of haters out there right now, but I'm telling ya all that the Vikings are making some very good moves at improving this team. As a fan, I am quite pleased! :D

Fantasy Football championships rely on great skill players, But it is FANTASY.  :D

1389492[/snapback]

:D FANTASY is comparing the vikes defense to the bucs and ravens championship teams, and pretending that the vikes have even the slightest chance of sniffing a championship anytime soon.

Well put.  There's a lot of haters out there right now, but I'm telling ya all that the Vikings are making some very good moves at improving this team.  As a fan, I am quite pleased!    :D

1389497[/snapback]

Me 2 and if they get a real stadium to play in I might go see them again.....

seriously, i have to agree with the scathing truth above from sarge.  their skill position starters are probably the worst in the NFL.  there's not much half a good o-line can do for you when that's the case.  the vikes' only hope of being even mediocre is that that talent on defense REALLY gels this year.

1386925[/snapback]

For all intensive purposes the Vike's o-line now has 3 pro bowlers on the left side. Not many teams in the league can say that, and plenty can say they have none.

As far as overall skill talent, The wide out trio is pretty darn good, QB is proven and OLD. With a new O-line the running backs are going to look pretty good as well. And a power full back that can block. I can think of a number of teams who are worst. Just look at the division, which team has a better one.

I can think of a number of teams who are worst.  Just look at the division, which team has a better one.

1389705[/snapback]

Lets break that down:

Green Bay

Farve - gone? near top of league in passing yards due mostly to volume

Rogers - alex smith part 2?

Green - coming off injury, past his prime, fumbles, can't stay on field for complete series

Gado - franchise savior... right, we'll see about that

Fischer - oh no he has another boo-boo

Davenport - off pooping in closets

Walker - ACL return, whiny, unmotivated, wants out, with only one good season on the books

Driver - decent year once again due to volume, and Farve

Chapman - please

all in all average with Farve well below without. oh wait they just signed Boerigter... that means they will be... survey says ... oh thats right still below average.

Detroit.

Harrington - likely gone but that actually helps

McCown - hmmm, held a clipboard for warner last year

Kitna - one good season 3 years ago, how was he in Seattle?

Jones, Bryson, and Pinner - do I even need to comment on that mess

R Williams - awesomely inconsistant but shows a lot of promise

M Williams - had 2 decent games last year in 4 starts.

Rogers - merely a place holder

Vines - started more games than the previous two combined, but what did he do with the oportunity?

One solid player among the group with a couple what-ifs at QB

Chicago

Orton - really wowed em last year in 15 starts by tossing 9 tds

Grossman - ow my knee, ow my ankle, ow my _______ (fill in the blank for 06)

Griese - second coming of John Elway, no Dan Marino, no Trent Dilfer, hmmm thats about right minus the whole winning the super bowl thing

Jones - solid yet unspectacular we'll give you that

Benson - big draft pick who got less P.T. than Peterson

Muhammad - will be 34 at beginning of next season and looked like he lost a step at times last year, even when they were able to get him the ball

Berrian, Gage, and Bradley - combined they make a reasonable #2

Passing game was/will be aweful, running game looked good thanks to a great line (hmmm wasn't Jones a career back up in 4 seasons prior to coming to da bears and running behind a great line, that sounds familiar somehow... cough chester cough cough taylor cough).

Overall, Vikings included, they are all hovering around average.

wcd480...

Nice work!  Great breakdown of the skill players in the North (sans Vikings)

I will await Azz's reply :D

1390354[/snapback]

For starters, he included players no longer on the teams, then biasly dismissed the remaining players. :D

and now that they've lost burleson, the team with the worst skill position starters in the league just got that much worse.  brad johnson, chester taylor, jermaine wiggins, and....who, koren robinson and troy williamson?  ouch :doah: :D

1389463[/snapback]

At least Ron Dayne isn't our starting RB. :D:D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

UMMMMM.....  who were the great skill position players on the Buc and Ravens when they won the superbowl?  For that fact how about the Patriots when they won their first SB over St Louis??  (Brady was still an unknown and they didn't have Dillon yet) :D

Also,  How many superbowls did MN reach with C-Pep and Moss???  :D

How many SB's has INDY won with their GREAT skill players??? :D

Seattle won a Superbowl with their great Skill players,  NOT :doah:

1389492[/snapback]

Hold on there. You are naming some SB champions with some very good to great defenses to support your point. You are also using some pretty selective examples (i.e...ommitting the Rams and insinuating that this years Vikings can play at the level of the Patiots championship offense).

How much money you got on San Francisco winning it all this year?

Fair warning to all Vikings fans overlyconfident with there receivers this year....you have K.Rob as a #1 or #2. He is a good talent who has wasted his potential up until this point. It may work out or he may get drunk and drop balls.

At least Ron Dayne isn't our starting RB.  :D  :D

1390686[/snapback]

how much you wanna wager dayne, bell et al put up better numbers than chester taylor, mewelduh moore, whizzinator and whoever else you've got back there. even without a 50 million dollar guard to run behind.

and yeah, it's pretty sad, but i'd rather have grossman, TJ and mush than brad johnson :D, chester taylor :D and koren robinson :D. and yeah, i'd rather have old man favre, ahman samkon and the pooper than that sad minnesota crew as well. you make a good point when it comes to detroit though. they're pretty f'n bad. so maybe detroit and minny are tied for the crappiest skill position players in the league. i'm glad we could compromise. :D

Hold on there.  You are naming some SB champions with some very good to great defenses to support your point.  You are also using some pretty selective examples (i.e...ommitting the Rams and insinuating that this years Vikings can play at the level of the Patiots championship offense).

How much money you got on San Francisco winning it all this year?

Fair warning to all Vikings fans overlyconfident with there receivers this year....you have K.Rob as a #1 or #2. He is a good talent who has wasted his potential up until this point.  It may work out or he may get drunk and drop balls.

1390706[/snapback]

Ok so look at the Rams, 1 SB win with one of the best set of skill players ever assembled. But they were beaten the very next year by the unknown from NE and were never close again. :doah:

Defenses win championships...Look at Pittsburgh last year, although Menudo would disagree, their skill players were nothing to write home about. It was their defense that won that championship. :D

I never said that the Vikings would be in the Superbowl, I was pointing out the fact that SB's could be won without Star Skill players and that just because we lost Moss and C-Pep we weren't doomed to a Lion/Cardinal like existence. :D

For starters, he included players no longer on the teams, then biasly dismissed the remaining players. :D

1390470[/snapback]

Upon further review there is one player who was no longer with his team when I wrote that up, that player is Antonio Chapman. Sorry, I forgot about that meaningless transaction that sent him to the Bengals last week.

As for the rest, Harrington hasn't been cut or traded (yet), Davenport resigned on Sunday, and Fischer is a FA but it is assumed that he will resign with GB.

And I admittedly have a Vikings bias, but I in no way believe that their skill positions are stacked.

Johnson - old and was benched in TB for lack of production, and was merely adequate in his starts last year.

Taylor - questions about his ability to be a #1 back will persist until he proves otherwise

Moore - typically hurt, and when not shows only flashes

Smith - has he put away the reefer, can he be successful after sitting out a year, and will he even be back?

Williamson - young and unproven, a sophmore slump could set him back

K Robinson - flopped in Seattle becasue he couldn't put down the bottle to catch the ball

M. Robinson - can't be expected to be much more than a bit player

Taylor - didn't prove himself to be much more than average in 5 seasons in baltimore.

there, now I have written enough negative material to charge the slime and bring Vigo out of the painting.