[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush

Jackass

Reggie Bush, 5-11, 200, Southern California

Laurence Maroney, 5-11, 200, Minnesota

DeAngelo Williams, 5-10, 205, Memphis (XL)

LenDale White, 6-2, 225, Southern California

Ok. LenDale is a big back but the other top rb's are all around the same size. I understand he wasnt used between the tackles a ton in college but perhaps his size is being overplayed?

Reggie  Bush, 5-11, 200, Southern California

Laurence Maroney, 5-11, 200, Minnesota

DeAngelo Williams, 5-10, 205, Memphis (XL)

LenDale White, 6-2, 225, Southern California

Ok. LenDale is a big back but the other top rb's are all around the same size.  I understand he wasnt used between the tackles a ton in college but perhaps his size is being overplayed?

1387899[/snapback]

Sure, it is a little, but I think he can do what LT has done. I heard he put on about 8-10 pounds too. He will be versatile, making a great catch out of the backfield, a lot like LT.

I think if Houston grabs him, improves their O line and plays Reggie with Dom they can see if he can carry the load alone. If he can't pair him with a bg back who can also block.

This thread makes a lot more sense if you take your figures at face value. Since your numbers are wrong, though, it doesn't make much sense.

D. Williams is 5-8 1/2, 215. He's not skinny at all. Maroney is now up to 217.

It's all about "bulk". 200 lbs for a 5-11 kid is definitely on the skinny side for a RB. It would be decent size for a WR or a CB, not a 25-carry workhorse, which is the point of this discussion.

Also, Bush has admitted that he's been trying to gain weight for a while with almost no success at all. He says his metabolism is just too fast, which makes sense considering the way the kid plays. He's a speed machine. Unfortunately, Bush probably won't get up to 215-220 until he's 27 or 28 and, by that time, some of his speed will be gone, too.

This thread makes a lot more sense if you take your figures at face value. Since your numbers are wrong, though, it doesn't make much sense.

D. Williams is 5-8 1/2, 215. He's not skinny at all. Maroney is now up to 217.

It's all about "bulk". 200 lbs for a 5-11 kid is definitely on the skinny side for a RB. It would be decent size for a WR or a CB, not a 25-carry workhorse, which is the point of this discussion.

Also, Bush has admitted that he's been trying to gain weight for a while with almost no success at all. He says his metabolism is just too fast, which makes sense considering the way the kid plays. He's a speed machine. Unfortunately, Bush probably won't get up to 215-220 until he's 27 or 28 and, by that time, some of his speed will be gone, too.

1387913[/snapback]

I'd take insane speed over a few extra pounds any day. Just as long as the FB carried those extra pounds to pick up the blocking game. Anyone pay attention to Neal block for LT last year? That guy is an ideal blocking FB...

It is not how they compare to each other, but how the rookies compare to successful NFL tailbacks. Most teams prefer RBs around 220 because it gives them enough bulk for short yardage. Bush is more sized like Tiki Barber who is the same weight as Brian Westbrook.

2005 weights of NFL RBs

If I were a GM, I don't think his size would affect where I drafted him -- just how I used him. Barber is one of the few exceptions of a light RB who can regularly handle 20 carries in a game. Westbrook isn't suited for it.

LT has always been at least 215 (and 2 inches shorter), Portis is 215 now (and slightly shorter), and Faulk has always been around 210 (and he only had a couple of heavy-carry seasons, sprinkled with several seasons where he missed games).

Bush just is NOT a workhorse back. That's what scouts are saying. He's still a high-impact player. With his receiving and return ability, he can change games.

Am I the only guy who believes that DeAngelo Williams will be the best NFL rb in this draft class?

1387970[/snapback]

A lot depends on where a player ends up and what their situation is. I have heard good things about DeAngleo but never have actually seen him play - just film clips (and everybody looks good in a film clip).

A lot depends on where a player ends up and what their situation is. I have heard good things about DeAngleo but never have actually seen him play - just film clips (and everybody looks good in a film clip).

1387975[/snapback]

He will be either the second coming of Barry Sanders or Leland Mcelroy. My money is on Sanders.

I dunno... there has never been a small RB who has made a career in the NFL. I mean look at Barry Sanders, he had to retire early! Haha, I'm just being facetious, don't mind me. Barry Sanders IS one of the best ever and I'm pretty sure if Reggie Bush gets on a team with the proper supporting cast he'll be up there too. :D

I dunno... there has never been a small RB who has made a career in the NFL. I mean look at Barry Sanders, he had to retire early! Haha, I'm just being facetious, don't mind me. Barry Sanders IS one of the best ever and I'm pretty sure if Reggie Bush gets on a team with the proper supporting cast he'll be up there too.  :D

1388072[/snapback]

But Sanders never did score that much and thus was never a top fantasy back.

1388245[/snapback]

Lets see:

Year Yards TD

1989 1470 14

1990 1304 13 + 3 TD passing

1991 1548 16 + 1 TD passing

1992 1352 9 + 1 TD passing

1993 1115 3

1994 1883 7 + 1 TD passing

1995 1500 11 + 1 TD passing

1996 1553 11

1997 2053 11 + 3 TD passing

1998 1491 4

He might not have been the BEST RB fantasy-wise but he was also stuck on Detroit.

Either way I would have taken him on my fantasy team, maybe not first though.

I think Maroney is the best in this class myself.

Bush is electric though (and Williams too for that matter).

1388059[/snapback]

What do you like so much about Maroney? Did you see those holes he ran through in college? :D I mean, in another zone-blocking system (Denver, Atlanta, Green Bay) he could be great, but otherwise, he's mediocre.

I dunno... there has never been a small RB who has made a career in the NFL. I mean look at Barry Sanders, he had to retire early! Haha, I'm just being facetious, don't mind me. Barry Sanders IS one of the best ever and I'm pretty sure if Reggie Bush gets on a team with the proper supporting cast he'll be up there too.  :D

1388072[/snapback]

your right dunn barber and thurman thomas were nothing spectacular

What do you like so much about Maroney? Did you see those holes he ran through in college?  :D  I mean, in another zone-blocking system (Denver, Atlanta, Green Bay) he could be great, but otherwise, he's mediocre.

To me he is an NFL back. He runs with power, has good speed, and didn't seem to get hit with solid licks.

And yeah, he had a very good line, but that isn't his fault, right?

To me he is an NFL back.  He runs with power, has good speed, and didn't seem to get hit with solid licks.

And yeah, he had a very good line, but that isn't his fault, right?

1388401[/snapback]

Well, it's not really about assigning "fault", now is it?

JJ Arrington ran through huge holes at Cal two years ago, too, and it wasn't his fault. My point is that I don't think Maroney will succeed as a RB who needs to create yards on his own. He's not all that fluid on the field, but he can make that first cut very nicely and explode straight ahead. He's a perfect back for a zone-blocking scheme.

1388245[/snapback]

Is being you like being high all the time? :D