[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF Double header on ESPN

Vinatieri Is God

So the first game starts at 6PM Eastern??? That means the Viking splay at 5PM Central...That bites!! Isn't that 3PM Pacific???? What kind of ratings are these early games going to get?????

It has been posted on nfl.com, below is the portion of the 2006 schedule that has been released.

Kickoff Weekend

Sept. 7 Thu. Miami at Pittsburgh NBC 8:30 p.m.

Sept. 10 Sun. Dallas at Jacksonville FOX 4:15 p.m.

Sept. 10 Sun. Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants NBC 8:15 p.m.

Sept. 11 Mon. Minnesota at Washington ESPN 7 p.m.

Sept. 11 Mon. San Diego at Oakland ESPN 10:15 p.m.

Thanksgiving

Nov. 23 Thu. Miami at Detroit CBS 12:30 p.m.

Nov. 23 Thu. Tampa Bay at Dallas FOX 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 23 Thu. Denver at Kansas City NFL Network 8 p.m.

I bet the only reason the Dallas/Jacksonville game was released was to quiet the rumors of a Philly Dallas opening weekend matchup.

Edited by charty

It has been posted on nfl.com, below is the portion of the 2006 schedule that has been released.

Kickoff Weekend

Sept. 7 Thu. Miami at Pittsburgh NBC 8:30 p.m.

Sept. 10 Sun. Dallas at Jacksonville FOX 4:15 p.m.

Sept. 10 Sun. Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants NBC 8:15 p.m.

Sept. 11 Mon. Minnesota at Washington ESPN 7 p.m.

Sept. 11 Mon. San Diego at Oakland ESPN 10:15 p.m.

Thanksgiving

I bet the only reason the Dallas/Jacksonville game was released was to quiet the rumors of a Philly Dallas opening weekend matchup.

1389886[/snapback]

I'm all for two Monday Night games, but 10:15 PM start time :D So, that game will end around 2:00AM on the East Coast. :D I'm already a waste at work on Tuesday's during football season, this will only make that worse.

so much for that Eagles-Cowboys Monday night opener. Nice opening weekend schedule, though. The Manning Bowl looks rather interesting, eh?

Nice to also know that the Cowboys and Giants will both be starting 0-1 :D

But what gives with a 10:15PM EST start for the Monday "nightcap"??? East-coast fantasy fans have to be bummed that it won't be until around 1:30AM when the final stats will be known :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I'm all for two Monday Night games, but 10:15 PM start time   :D   So, that game will end around 2:00AM on the East Coast.   :D    I'm already a waste at work on Tuesday's during football season, this will only make that worse.

1389900[/snapback]

I hear you, but look at it this way. It's hard to stay up for more than a half on the east coast for a Monday nighter anyway. With the 7PM start time for that week 1 doubleheader, I'm looking at 1 and half games. Not too bad.

I think the Seahawks got shafted, being a team from the NW that doesn't get a ton of exposure. There are 4 primetime games opening weekend, and the SB participant doesn't get a sniff.

Edited by charty

look at it this way.  It's hard to stay up for more than a half on the east coast for a Monday nighter anyway.  With that 7PM start time for that week 1 doubleheader, I'm looking at 1 and half games.  Not too bad.

1389910[/snapback]

I can see your point, but....its gonna suck going to bed on Monday night not knowing (sometimes) if you have won or lost your fantasy match-up. In the past, I could suck it up and stay up til midnight....but to have to stay up til almost 2:00AM? :D <----No-doze, anyone??

I hear you, but look at it this way.  It's hard to stay up for more than a half on the east coast for a Monday nighter anyway.  With the 7PM start time for that week 1 doubleheader, I'm looking at 1 and half games.  Not too bad.

I think the Seahawks got shafted, being a team from the NW that doesn't get a ton of exposure.  There are 4 primetime games opening weekend, and the SB participant doesn't get a sniff.

1389910[/snapback]

Sadly I usually stay up until the end of the Monday Night games, and I am then a zombie all day Tuesday.

I could see a double header every week as the answer for everyone really. So long as you arrrange for the 7PM game to be 2 eastern/central teams, and the 10 PM game to be western/mountain teams.

I'll watch Minny-Skins all the way even though I'm not a fan of either since it starts at a reasonable hour.

No way I'll watch SD-Oakland all the way through starting at 10, but I wouldn't be watching the second half anyway if it started at 9 either.

I'm all for two Monday Night games, but 10:15 PM start time  :D  So, that game will end around 2:00AM on the East Coast.  :D    I'm already a waste at work on Tuesday's during football season, this will only make that worse.

1389900[/snapback]

fixed :D

Thanksgiving

Now if the NFL revives the throwback uni's for the T-Day games we would get to see the TB creamcycle spamshirts with the winking pirate helmets AND the great bucking bronco helmets!!!!

I think the Seahawks got shafted, being a team from the NW that doesn't get a ton of exposure.  There are 4 primetime games opening weekend, and the SB participant doesn't get a sniff.

1389910[/snapback]

Once again, the Seahawks getting shafted by the NFL.