[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats needs

Crazysight

As a lifelong Pats fan it pains me to say this, but I think their run is over.  Beyond player needs I think they have coaching needs that may be even greater as their new 29 year old offensive coordinator failed to impress me last year.  That pick Brady threw to Champ Bailey during their playoff game in Denver was one of the worst play calls I've seen as a Pats fan in a long time.

Oh well...it was fun while it lasted.

1392468[/snapback]

Don't hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon. As a "lifelong Pats fan" you should recognize that this Pats team is nowhere near as bad as some of the teams they have fielded for the majority of their existence (unless you are only 5 years old in which case I stand corrected).

As for the Denver example, that was all on Brady. It wasn't a bad play call, just a terrible throw 2 feet behind the receiver. If he throws that out front, worst case scenario, it goes incomplete.

Stick around here a while before you go spouting off about the Pats demise and learn from the true Pats fans (Caveman's post is clear eveidence)

Don't hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon.  As a "lifelong Pats fan" you should recognize that this Pats team is nowhere near as bad as some of the teams they have fielded for the majority of their existence (unless you are only 5 years old in which case I stand corrected).

As for the Denver example, that was all on Brady.  It wasn't a bad play call, just a terrible throw 2 feet behind the receiver.  If he throws that out front, worst case scenario, it goes incomplete.

Stick around here a while before you go spouting off about the Pats demise and learn from the true Pats fans (Caveman's post is clear eveidence)

1393535[/snapback]

Actually I've watched every one of their games for over 20 years, I don't need you to tell me about how bad they used to be.

Umm...no, it was a bad play call. It may be that Brady made the call himself, that I don't know. It likely came from the sideline however. But I was watching the game while drinking at a major New England sportsbar at the time and I essentially knew it was going to be bad before the ball was even thrown. So please don't correct me if you don't know what you're actually talking about.

So yeah, it's a 10 to 6 ballgame, the Pats are on the 5 yardline with plenty of time left to go in the game and facing a third and goal. They have not run the ball effectively all game long and are now faced with a short field. I'm watching this game and the first thing I noticed right off the bat is that they took absolutely no time whatsoever to get in the huddle and rush up to the line of scrimmage with their play. So I'm thinking at the time "jesus I hope they know what they're doing." And so what do they do? On a short-field at a critical time in the game when it is 100% obvious that Denver is going to play the pass since the Pats haven't been able to run the ball effectively at all throughout the entire game, the fliping boneheads decide to rush up to the line and just try to chuck it in there. And that was the one play that turned the game around completely. A play like that is from a lack of composure and that is something they didn't have when Weiss was calling the shots on offense. They had plenty of time left in the game and a field goal would have made it a 1 point game if they hadn't gotten in with something more conservative (or they could have elected to go for it on 4th down if they could have gotten to the 1). But instead they run a play that is designed to go out to the fliping wideout on a short field when you know the defense is going to be playing the pass (and to a guy who is arguably the best corner in the NFL).

And you're going to sit there and tell me that isn't a fliping terrible play call? If so than you obviously don't know the first thing about football.

It wasn't behind the reciever either. It was a hook-route to Troy Brown (which you obviously didn't know since you referred to Brown as "the receiver") that Brady tried to thread in there but Bailey jumped because Denver was playing the pass all the fliping way in the first place.

Granted Brady threw the pass and is just as guilty as Troy Brown, Vinatierri, Kevin Faulk and all the other old-reliables who choked in that game. But there's no way in hell that would have happened at such a critical point in the game if Charlie Weiss had still been on the sideline.

Edited by Crazysight

If you take a look at the pictures of the play you can clearly see that it's a hook route that Bailey has just jumped. It's not a throw to the back pylon that Brady underthrew.

I've wasted enough time on this troll-board. I have real work to do.

Edited by Crazysight

Says the guy who is still  :D      :D

1393083[/snapback]

:D

I was making a valid point (and a farily obvious) in response to the common thought that the AFC is heads and shoulders above the NFC. Men-U-Do, you are an obsessive freak of Steeler fan with a one-train thought process. I wonder why people think it gets old? :D

The early poor play of the secondary had to do with them mostly being relatively young and playing the style they were being taught. Seems I remember that they weren't playing up as much and they definitely weren't hitting as much. Later on in the season they started hitting more and Hobbs finally got some chances to play more than a series or two. Hobbs came on strong towards the end there. He's a bit of a hot dog though and BB wasn't too fond of it.

:D

I was making a valid point (and a farily obvious) in response to the common thought that the AFC is heads and shoulders above the NFC.    Men-U-Do, you are an obsessive freak of Steeler fan with a one-train thought process.    I wonder why people think it gets old?  :D

1394085[/snapback]

I believe it was 'House Of Pain' that said:

'We've got five, and you ain't got none, if you come to battle use the shotgun' ...... or something like that. :D

Yes, the Seahawks clearly outplayed the Steelers, keep telling yourself that. :D

Total Yards, turnover battle, Time of possession.....check

Scoreboard....no check.  :D

1394232[/snapback]

I'll ease up. If the situation was reversed, I wouldn't have been happy about it either. It's all good. :D

I'll ease up.  If the situation was reversed, I wouldn't have been happy about it either.  It's all good.  :D

1394266[/snapback]

This might be the best statement on the whole thing. I agree ... time to :D

As for the Pats, I wouldn't turn my back on them -- I think they may be one of those teams who keep getting underestimated or written off and continue to whack teams ... As long as Bellicheck is in place with Brady, an RB, and a bit of a defense -- they'll be competitive.