[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre

Jackass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez give the man some time, he is a legend after all. :D  :D

1392818[/snapback]

I agree. Their O-line wasn't exactly stellar last year. I bet he could still put up decent numbers. If I were a packer fan I would appreciate his tutoring of Rogers another year.

Jeez give the man some time, he is a legend after all. :D  :D

1392818[/snapback]

Have to believe that wa sarcasm.

I agree. Their O-line wasn't exactly stellar last year. I bet he could still put up decent numbers. If I were a packer fan I would appreciate his tutoring of Rogers another year.

1392822[/snapback]

As much as I enjoyed watching Troy Aikman play, it was painful to watch in his final years. The team wasn't that good. He stayed injured. I'm glad he retired when he did instead of hanging on. Not to mention, IMO, as a team player, Brett should take one for the team and let his intentions be know so the front office can do whatever they need to for the upcoming season.

See ya #4. Goood job.

1392822[/snapback]

He has said repeatedly it is not his job to tutor Rogers...

I think Walker should be letting Favre know that he needs to make a decision now, as he's hurting the team by stringing them along like this.

OH! And he should do it publicly too. :D

1392996[/snapback]

Right on the money!

I was critical of walker last year and gave kudos to Farve for calling him out, but after what happened to Walker and the lack of good faith shown by the packers since. I have re-thought my stance on the renegotiation stand point. The owners just void contracts anyway if they get too expensive or a guy doesn't perform so why should the players honor them? Walker could have gotten more money or not but by getting called out by brett he lost all his leverage then he got hurt...less leverage. Brett is not letting the pack do anything major to improve because they do not know who is gonna be there at QB, As a Vike fan I am happy but the situation is dragging on too long.

1392822[/snapback]

Then they should keep him on as a coach. The guy is a great QB but at some point you need to know when your time is up. Rogers isn't going to get he playing time until Favre is gone. There would be a Packer fan revolt if they benched Favre for Rogers. Rogers should have played more the end of last year and didn't , IMO becuase Favre is such a fan favorite.

I think Walker should be letting Favre know that he needs to make a decision now, as he's hurting the team by stringing them along like this.

OH! And he should do it publicly too. :D

1392996[/snapback]

Since Walker has already publicly stated that he'd retire before playing for the Packers again, I don't believe that he has the authority to do so.

Since Walker has already publicly stated that he'd retire before playing for the Packers again, I don't believe that he has the authority to do so.

1393492[/snapback]

Authority to talk/leak something to the Newspapers? Since when do you need authority to talk/leak something to the press?

Authority to talk/leak something to the Newspapers? Since when do you need authority to talk/leak something to the press?

1393502[/snapback]

Walker has no authority to tell Favre to do something "for the good of the team" when he's already said that he wants nothing to do with said team.

Walker has no authority to tell Favre to do something "for the good of the team" when he's already said that he wants nothing to do with said team.

1393559[/snapback]

However, Walker does have the authority to tell Favre that what's good for the Goose, is also good for the Gander!

The two have a bit of a history dontcha' know :D

Edited by Big Score 1

However, Walker does have the authority to tell Favre that what's good for the Goose, is also good for the Gander!

1393578[/snapback]

If Walker doesn't plan on playing for the Packers this year, he isn't in a position to tell Favre anything.

Walker had the "authority" to ignore Favre's comments last year. He's a grown man who made a decision to play and, unfortunately, he got hurt. I don't agree with the way that the Packers have handled this situation, but blaming Favre is ridiculous. If you're looking for a scapegoat, blame Javon's knee ligaments.

By the way, Javon threatened to hold out in mid-July (right in the beginning of training camp) last year. This is late March, several weeks before the draft. How are these scenarios comparable?