[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grilled asparagus

Wolv

I've never been an asparagus fan, but I do enjoy it this way:

Fresh asparagus spears

Olive oil

McCormicks spicy montreal steak seasoning

Mix the seasoning in with the olive oil and marinate the asparagus for a bit in the fridge. Toss the asparagus on the grill and brush remaining spice on. Makes a nice change-of-pace veggie to go with your favorite grilled meat, with the added bonus of being a finger food.

other ways to go:

balsamic vin

olive oil

julienne of portebello

S&P

oven at 350. cook until done (5-10)

minced shallot

minced garlic

S&P

blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2-5 min. butter in hot saute pan. throw garlic and shallot in pan. don't burn.. add asparagus..... 30 sec to 1 min.

On the grill is the only way... I cant wait for that chit to start popping up in the garden..... Cut it, wash it, slap it on the grill right next to a venison steak and u are in heaven...

Oh and I almost forgot the beer :D

1393537[/snapback]

:D Yukon can spell venison. Coincidence? I think not!

On the grill is the only way... I cant wait for that chit to start popping up in the garden..... Cut it, wash it, slap it on the grill right next to a venison steak and u are in heaven...

Oh and I almost forgot the beer :D

1393537[/snapback]

It's almost here! The wife makes asparagus using lemon pepper and butter on the grill. I can eat a chitload of it. Told the kids growing up that it was "nasty" so I could have all of it. they saw through me. :D

Another week or two and it'll be time for me and the kids to hit the local ditch banks and get that good spring wild asparagus. 

:D I just got a whiff of that strange smelling pee.   :D

1396233[/snapback]

Hey now! :D

Another week or two and it'll be time for me and the kids to hit the local ditch banks and get that good spring wild asparagus. 

:D I just got a whiff of that strange smelling pee.   :D

1396233[/snapback]

Yup first comes the wild stuff then the stuff I have in the yard then the morels....... dammit cant wait

I have grown to love asparagus. Vitamins and minerals up the wazoo. I usually drizzle olive oil on them and season them up with garlic salt, Tony Chachere Cajun seasoning and just a little black pepper. Just heat 'em up on the stove.