[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Losman to be traded?

Todd1

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-m...=yhoo&type=lgns

Good for Craig Nall, that guy should be GB's starting QB next year after Favre hangs it up.

Too bad for Losman, and again, reason #441 NOT TO DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND!

Two years after being drafted, Buffalo is giving up on him. How many other 2004 1st rounders are being shown the door? Even Ahmad Carroll has contributed!

Losman stinks from what I've seen. Holcomb was better and McGahee always did better when Holcomb was handing him the ball.

1393470[/snapback]

that might be attributed to experience.... awefully hard for young qb's to succeed in their 1st year/few years.

I would be pretty surprised if he was traded.

But being a Buffalo fan, I haven't been sold on the kid.

It wouldn't be the worse thing for them, Losman came

to Buffalo because of Murlarkey and GM Donohoe. Whos' theories have

been basically thrown out.

I am not a huge Bills fan but I do follow them pretty closely. I never thought Losman was starter quality. I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt but I don't think Nall is the answer here either. I really don't think they should use their first rounder to fill QB either. They have OL and a number of defensive issues to deal with.

they need to unload losman and moulds. they apparently don't really like ngata at 8. that link says they like winston justice, and that does seem like a position of need for them.

i'm seeing a natural trading partner in denver here. moulds to come in and helps immediately. losman to back up plummer for a couple years (and a similar kind of QB in some ways). the broncos move to 8 and get huff or ngata. the bills get 15 (where they could probably get either justice or bunkley) and 22 (marcus mcneil or gabe watson, maybe?), and a couple more picks from the broncos to help rebuild.

It's not Losman's fault that the Jills picked him in the first round. He wasn't projected to go anywhere near that high.

Most young QBs need a few years to develop. The problem is that the salaries for higher draft picks has gotten out of hand, and fans want immediate payback for that. The salary structure for rookies is a bad thing.

I said this back when the move was made.....they should have kept Bledsoe. Bledsoe was really playing well at the end of the season 2 years ago with McGahee, Moulds and Lee Evans. Holcomb hadn't shown anything and they threw him right into the starting spot and gave up on Bledsoe. Bad move, Buffalo would have been in the playoffs last year if Drew was there. No doubt in my mind.

I said this back when the move was made.....they should have kept Bledsoe.  Bledsoe was really playing well at the end of the season 2 years ago with McGahee, Moulds and Lee Evans.  Holcomb hadn't shown anything and they threw him right into the starting spot and gave up on Bledsoe.  Bad move, Buffalo would have been in the playoffs last year if Drew was there.  No doubt in my mind.

1393615[/snapback]

I seriously doubt they would have made the playoffs. There defense was awful last year. Their offense would have been much better but I still think they would have been 8-8 at best. They need to solidify their OL and pickup some D. I think maybe they should inquire about dealing Moulds and Losman or Losman alone to Denver. If they can get a pick for Losman or pick 15 and a later round pick for the pair I would go along with it.

I seriously doubt they would have made the playoffs. There defense was awful last year. Their offense would have been much better but I still think they would have been 8-8 at best. They need to solidify their OL and pickup some D. I think maybe they should inquire about dealing Moulds and Losman or Losman alone to Denver. If they can get a pick for Losman or pick 15 and a later round pick for the pair I would go along with it.

1393621[/snapback]

They were 5-11 with horrible play from Losman all year. He killed the WRs and McGahee. I think they could have gone maybe 9-7 but we'll never know. The D was bad though, you are right.....but I think a lot of that was also Losman's fault because the D was always on the field. Losman couldn't sustain anything for the offense.

They were 5-11 with horrible play from Losman all year.  He killed the WRs and McGahee.  I think they could have gone maybe 9-7 but we'll never know.  The D was bad though, you are right.....but I think a lot of that was also Losman's fault because the D was always on the field.  Losman couldn't sustain anything for the offense.

1393700[/snapback]

Good point. I think the defense was worn out a bit because of Losman's poor play. But a 3 or 4 win improvement would have been possible. I do think Justice would be a good pick for them or address DT in round 2

I am not a huge Bills fan but I do follow them pretty closely. I never thought Losman was starter quality. I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt but I don't think Nall is the answer here either. I really don't think they should use their first rounder to fill QB either. They have OL and a number of defensive issues to deal with.

1393512[/snapback]

In GB Nall showed flashes of decency and flashes of ineptness. He would continue to e a project. He didn't do that well in NFL Europe either.

wow...that was quick...

I was never sold on the kid anyways...I forget who called him a 4 year project....but who has the time to wait for a 4 year project when he was drafted in the 1st round?...

isn't the idea of drafting someone in the 1st is so he'll be ready in his 2nd year...or 3rd at worst?

wow...that was quick...

I was never sold on the kid anyways...I forget who called him a 4 year project....but who has the time to wait for a 4 year project when he was drafted in the 1st round?...

isn't the idea of drafting someone in the 1st is so he'll be ready in his 2nd year...or 3rd at worst?

1393862[/snapback]

Yes....in theory. Carson Palmer and Eli Manning are great examples of solid improvements in 2nd and 3rd year. There was a lot of hype around Losman and apparently Buffalo fell for it.

they need to unload losman and moulds.  they apparently don't really like ngata at 8.  that link says they like winston justice, and that does seem like a position of need for them.

i'm seeing a natural trading partner in denver here.  moulds to come in and helps immediately.  losman to back up plummer for a couple years (and a similar kind of QB in some ways).  the broncos move to 8 and get huff or ngata.  the bills get 15 (where they could probably get either justice or bunkley) and 22 (marcus mcneil or gabe watson, maybe?), and a couple more picks from the broncos to help rebuild.

1393525[/snapback]

Now THAT'S sensical speculation. Very good, Az. :D

Yes....in theory.  Carson Palmer and Eli Manning are great examples of solid improvements in 2nd and 3rd year.  There was a lot of hype around Losman and apparently Buffalo fell for it.

1394033[/snapback]

While Losman looked completely lost at times last year, his five game stretch (games #10 - #14) midseason showed some improvements over his four game stretch (games #1 - #4) to open the season.

Looking at the Palmer / Manning note above, then perhaps we should see what Losman does in his second season (I don't count the first as it was completely wiped out by injury).

Basically, the kid's started a grand total of 8 NFL games - not really enough to adjust to pro speeds. One more season to see wouldn't hurt considering you're dumping a first round pick. :D

While Losman looked completely lost at times last year, his five game stretch (games #10 - #14) midseason showed some improvements over his four game stretch (games #1 - #4) to open the season.

Looking at the Palmer / Manning note above, then perhaps we should see what Losman does in his second season (I don't count the first as it was completely wiped out by injury).

Basically, the kid's started a grand total of 8 NFL games - not really enough to adjust to pro speeds.  One more season to see wouldn't hurt considering you're dumping a first round pick. :D

1394360[/snapback]

Good points...I think the NFL has sped up the QB waiting period over the past 20 years so now its basically 3 years at the most for 1st round QBs. Thats why I'm surprised Boller is still the starter (at least last I heard) for Baltimore. Billick's pride is getting in the way of reason. He had 2 great games last year against GB and MN. That shouldn't have saved his job.

1393621[/snapback]

No way would they have gone 9-7...Not with JP, not with Holcumb, and not with Peyton Manning. Theyre defense took huge hits last year with Spikes getting hurt, and losing Pat Williams. JP couldnt hit anyone except Evans in the 1st quarter against Miami, and we all know how that turned out.

That said, Im for keeping Losman one more year, or gfor trading him, but we wont get half of what we paid.

They need to address the OL first and foremost. That is the one thing they have missed over the last X amount of years that I can remember. Lets bring back the glory days of the early 90s.....yikes!!

I'm sorry, but 2 years isn't enough time to evaluate ANY quarterback in the NFL. If you trusted your scouting staff enough to spend 2 first-round picks on a QB, then he deserves more than 2 years.

I like Nall a lot and Holcomb is certainly serviceable, but I don't see them trading Losman this year.

Then again, it's Buffalo. Who knows what could happen if Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy forget to take their medication one day?

they need to unload losman and moulds.  they apparently don't really like ngata at 8.  that link says they like winston justice, and that does seem like a position of need for them.

i'm seeing a natural trading partner in denver here.  moulds to come in and helps immediately.  losman to back up plummer for a couple years (and a similar kind of QB in some ways).  the broncos move to 8 and get huff or ngata.  the bills get 15 (where they could probably get either justice or bunkley) and 22 (marcus mcneil or gabe watson, maybe?), and a couple more picks from the broncos to help rebuild.

1393525[/snapback]

Why would the Bills do this trade? This is so one sided unless those more picks you are talking about are 1st or 2nd rounders in 2007. You are basically giving Moulds and Losman away for free.