[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells did not want Owens

Kansas State 2000

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was not in agreement with owner Jerry Jones about signing WR Terrell Owens, according to sources.

That's all T.O. needs ... the coach did not want me fine ... F*ck him then!

Let it begin.  :doah:

1394165[/snapback]

Try and win the Super Bowl this year and then retire. That's a plan.

how about the link.....??? don't disguise your rumors as legit stuff without links.....I have not seen one source quoting Parcells saying what you are saying here.....appreciate a link to validate the assertions here.....BS until I see it ..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

how about the link.....???  don't disguise your rumors as legit stuff without links.....I have not seen one source quoting Parcells saying what you are saying here.....appreciate a link to validate the assertions here.....BS until I see it ..... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :huh:

1394577[/snapback]

Wow, calling out KS2000! :D

Someone please tell me what The Six Kings wrote.  I for some reason cannot get past that avatar. :D

1394580[/snapback]

Ok..It said that....Umm....It said....

Hmm...I cant seem to get past it either!!!

:D

Edited by peepinmofo

Ok..It said that....Umm....It said....

Hmm...I cant seem to get past it eaither!!!

:D

1394589[/snapback]

Oh Canada, my home and native land..... :D

I seem to remember Parcells not wanting Terry Glenn either. That little spat was what drove him out of New England. I expect his time in Dallas is about done.

Does'nt really matter, as it will come down to Sea Hawks or Panthers again anyway for the NFC crown.

1394583[/snapback]

Everybody should know by now that the days of predicting conference contenders prior to the middle of the season are long gone. Quick fixes are en vougue now.. And frankly, with T.O., a dependable kicker and a decent offensive line, the cowboys are every bit as good as the panthers or seahawks.

I don't know if it was true about parcells not wanting T.O.....but I'm certain that without an addition anywhere approaching the productivity T.O. will bring, the cowboys would be failures again this year. There's no such thing as willing a team to overachieve anymore, you gotta go out and get the horses to do it with....

This team is SO far from being a Superbowl team. They weren't even the 2nd best team in their Div, the idea that adding Owens makes them one is laughable.

San Fran was a dud of a franchise with him on the team.

Philli was a much better team than Dallas before they added TO, and TO wasn't on the field the entire playoff run where they finally got over the hump and won the Championship game. When he did make it on the field for the game, they lost.

So why should Dallas be the exception?

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

If Parcells cant get this team into the playoffs, maybe its time for him to retire.

1394196[/snapback]

Yeah, what would Dallas need with a multi-Super Bowl winning coach anyway :D

T.O already a distraction, and he's been signed for 18 days...NICE! Can't wait until summer camp, when Parcells has to address the media daily. I wonder if he'll tire of answering E-GO questions non-stop? :D

That noise you hear is the chuckling of all the other NFC East coaches, players, and fans :D:D:D:D:D:huh:

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I read the Daily News article earlier this week, thought I still had it on my desk to quote, but I guess I trashed it. Anyway, I doon't remember the article being a cut and dry Parcells opposed the T.O. signing. To me, it was more like, for a short term run, Parcells would put up with T.O. and his antics if it could help him make one more run at a third title.

The only hing I saw by Gary Mayers was this

"All 32 coaches will be at the league meetings, which means Bill Parcells is making a rare appearance. It will be the first time he talks about the Cowboys signing Terrell Owens. Wonder how Parcells is going to like T.O.'s new book? Maybe T.O. will give him an autographed copy. And he must love T.O.'s rap song about signing with Dallas. Owens will be on his best behavior this year. But he will go back to being T.O. in '07. The first Parcells-Owens sideline blowup? Mid-October at the latest. Can't wait to see the look on Parcells' face, and T.O.'s for that matter, when Mike Vanderjagt misses a game-winning FG in the playoffs.