[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells did not want Owens

Kansas State 2000

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick never won anythign without Parcells or Romeo on his staff.

1394833[/snapback]

That is an asinine statement. Belichick has won 3 Super Bowls without Parcells and Romeo has been gone 1 year. Get back to me in five years if BB still hasn't won anything without Romeo and then this will make sense.

That is an asinine statement.  Belichick has won 3 Super Bowls without Parcells and Romeo has been gone 1 year.  Get back to me in five years if BB still hasn't won anything without Romeo and then this will make sense.

1394876[/snapback]

so one coach wins 3 super bowls, and his understudy goes on to win a few himself...and you're trying to say the first guy owes it all to the second? i'd say that's putting the cart before the horse...

so one coach wins 3 super bowls, and his understudy goes on to win a few himself...and you're trying to say the first guy owes it all to the second?  i'd say that's putting the cart before the horse...

1394899[/snapback]

Parcells has only won 2 Super Bowls IIRC. And the point I am making is that Parcells may not be the "great" coach that many make him out to be. His 2 SB victories came as a direct result of a stifling defense headed by Bill Belichick. Since the split, Parcell's has not even had a sniff of the Bowl, while Belichick has won three. The facts seem pretty clear to me. No one individual wins a Super Bowl, but if you're weighing the "greatness" of certain coaches, you have to look at the big picture. Certainly Parcells is a "good" coach, better than many of the stiffs that have seen head jobs in the NFL, but the public's perception is very much overrated.

Of course, this is my opinion and in no way forces anyone to feel the same way.

That is an asinine statement.  Belichick has won 3 Super Bowls without Parcells and Romeo has been gone 1 year.  Get back to me in five years if BB still hasn't won anything without Romeo and then this will make sense.

1394876[/snapback]

Parcells had Lawrence Taylor

Belichick had Tom Brady.

Those 2 had a lot to do with the victories. I wonder if they wuu;d have still won without them. Maybe. both are excellent coaches.

I hate reading about TO haters.

he is a playmaker thats that. when he acts up again then start bashing him.

1394985[/snapback]

Those actions will be in his book. What he has done while on vacation. What makes you think he has stopped acting up just because it isn't in the news yet?

Edited by Randall

1394876[/snapback]

As asinine as Parcells hasn't won anythign without Belichick? It's been 1 year without Romeo in NE, but how did Bill do those years in Clevland?

I hate reading about TO haters.

he is a playmaker thats that. when he acts up again then start bashing him.

1394985[/snapback]

you're a dallas fan then, huh? let me guess, you were bashing him along with everyone else a few months ago....now, "hold on everyone....you can't bash him anymore until he f*cks up again" :D

As asinine as Parcells hasn't won anythign without Belichick? It's been 1 year without Romeo in NE, but how did Bill do those years in Clevland?

1395023[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that Parcells isn't a HOF-caliber NFL coach, but I think it's obvious that Belichick is better.

With the Dallas D improving this year, they'll make playoffs with or without TO. The last time they made it to the playoffs it was with defense and Parcells. Leading the offense was Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick :doah:

1395023[/snapback]

Actually, people always forget what happened in Cleveland. The Browns steadily increased their win total until year 4 under Belickick when they were 12-4, made the playoffs and lost in the semis. Year 5 Modell announced he was moving the team to Baltimore 2 weeks into the season and the city and the team went into a tail spin. they finished 5-11, Belickick quit, but that record wasn't his fault.

Belichick never won anythign without Parcells or Romeo on his staff.

1394833[/snapback]

Here we go again, you were making these dumb comments in mid-January, and the facts do not lie.......

Here is Parcells record broken out by years where he either had Belichick as the Def Coordinator or Assistant Head Coach and years where he has not.

With Belichick as Def Coord/Assist Head Coach

Reg Season.............Playoffs

W.......L.......T............W......L

Without Belichick as Def Coord/Assist Head Coach

68% Reg Season and 10-4 in Playoffs (2-1 in SB) with Bellichick

45% Reg Season and 1-3 in Playoffs and 0 SB appearances without Bellichick

Let's see, Belichick is 11-2 in the playoffs and 3-0 in the Superbowl without Parcells.

Edited by charty

Actually, people always forget what happened in Cleveland. The Browns steadily increased their win total until year 4 under Belickick when they were 12-4, made the playoffs and lost in the semis. Year 5 Modell announced he was moving the team to Baltimore 2 weeks into the season and the city and the team went into a tail spin. they finished 5-11, Belickick quit, but that record wasn't his fault.

1395212[/snapback]

I didn't forget. Bill Bellichek was 36-44 in 5 years with 1 winning season in Cleveland, and 46-52 overall as a HC without Romeo.

Obviously, Romeo is the real brain behind NE's success.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Someone please tell me what The Six Kings wrote.  I for some reason cannot get past that avatar. :unsure:

1394580[/snapback]

Ok..It said that....Umm....It said....

Hmm...I cant seem to get past it either!!!

:D

1394589[/snapback]

Six Kings wrote: "Doesn't surprise me, considering Jones'es ego. "

My p.o.s. firewall at work is blocking his avatar!!! :huh::lol::):D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

In Halberstam's book about BB, he goes to great lengths to explain the working dynamic between Parcells and Belichick.....let's just say it was less than friendly.  Belichick always hated the way Parcells "motivated" people through putdowns and degradation.

1395539[/snapback]

Doesn't mean the guy isn't a great coach. Lombardi laid into people, Ditka did as well. So Belichick prefers the friendly neighborhood Hobo approach now, differnt strokes for different coach...es.

Here we go again, you were making these dumb comments in mid-January, and the facts do not lie.......

Here is Parcells record broken out by years where he either had Belichick as the Def Coordinator or Assistant Head Coach and years where he has not.

With Belichick as Def Coord/Assist Head Coach

Without Belichick as Def Coord/Assist Head Coach

68% Reg Season and 10-4 in Playoffs (2-1 in SB) with Bellichick

45% Reg Season and 1-3 in Playoffs and 0 SB appearances without Bellichick

Let's see, Belichick is 11-2 in the playoffs and 3-0 in the Superbowl without Parcells.

1395288[/snapback]

Excellent post. I think these stats speak for themselves.

Excellent post.  I think these stats speak for themselves.

1395564[/snapback]

This is great.

Like Parcells or not, the last 3 teams he's taken over were very bad. New England was crap before Parcells got there and he turned them around. Jets were the same way, and now Dallas was the same. He's the only coach I've seen who could've walked into a great situation (like Belichick did at NE) but instead he takes on a challenge. The last 2 teams he left have been 10X better off than when he started. I'd like to see Belidick turn around a horrible francshise!

Excellent post.  I think these stats speak for themselves.

1395564[/snapback]

well, on parcells' behalf....the first half of that was largely a long, sustained run with the giants. the second ("non-belichick") part of his career has largely been consumed with taking over crappy teams for a few years. remember that mostly lousy jets team he took to the conference championship? i don't think it's gonna work in dallas, because jerry jones just gets in the f'n way. but the guy's resume speaks for itself. and i'm sorry, but if you're divvying up coaching credit for the giants of the 90s, the head guy gets the lion's share, PERIOD.