[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells did not want Owens

Kansas State 2000

Is that so......

I guess it was a simple grammar problem, huh?  Maybe you meant "without either Parcells and Romeo", along with "anything" instead of "anythign"?

1395862[/snapback]

Are you really pointing out a typo on a NFL message board? Is that the best you can do?

Maybe you are right, maybe it's Romeo, and because Romeo was with Parcells in his NY - NE - NY stints, it should be Parcells or Belichick have never won without Romeo.  Cleveland fans, according to the Hitsquad, you've hit the jackpot.

1395862[/snapback]

Point is, for every statement like "Parcell's never won without Bellichick" you can make the exact same statement with "Bellichick has never won without Romeo". It's true, he hasn't has he? And so far, Bill flopped on the other team he ran solo on.

And yes, in fact, I do indeed believe Cleveland hit the jackpot with Romeo.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really pointing out a typo on a NFL message board? Is that the best you can do?

Point is, for every statement like "Parcell's never won without Bellichick" you can make the exact same statement with "Bellichick has never won without Romeo".  It's true, he hasn't has he? And so far, Bill flopped on the other team he ran solo on.

And yes, in fact, I do indeed believe Cleveland hit the jackpot with Romeo.

1396038[/snapback]

You said Belichick never won without Parcells or Romeo on his staff. Considering someone that has always been a head coach would never be "on" Belichick's staff, there is no other interpretation but to read it as you in fact thought Belichick hasn't won without Parcells.

You are basically trying to find something that has been with Belichick during his winning years, and using that as a "Bellichick hasn't won with....." argument.

Maybe it's Weis, maybe its Vinatieri, maybe it's a pair of lucky red sox Belichick threw out last year, and now we're really screwed.

The crazy thing is that neither Parcells or Belichick is even the best "Bill" coaching in football today.    :D  :D 

Relax, I was just kidding, however, I do think the 3 "Bill's" will all be in Canton.  My personal opinion is that the only coach that I would take over Cowher right now is Belichick.  I think he is simply the best there is right now.  The Super Bowl win definitely improves Cowher's resume though:

Cowher's 14 Year Career:

Overall = 153 - 92 - 1

Regular = 141 - 82 - 1

Playoff =    12 - 9 - 0

SB      =      1 - 1 - 0

10 Playoff Appearance

8 Division Championships

6 AFC Championship Game Apearances

2 AFC Championships

1 Super Bowl Title

1395916[/snapback]

you're kidding right?Cowher?The biggest cheerleader in the NFL today?I remember watching a super bowl XXX recap on ESPN where the steelers special teams coach comes up to Cowher after they scored and suggests an on side kick.Cowher makes a weird face and then asks,I believe,Chan Gailey on his headset if he should do it.Gailey obviously says yes so he does it and they get it.Then Cowher walks up to the ref and says"boy that was a gutsy call I made there,huh?" with his stupid grin on his face.Anyone that spends any time watching the steelers knows that he's not the best coach out there. Not even top 5.Menudo,how many times in the last 5 years have you been pissed at Cowher when they get a lead and he sits on it and they win by the skin of their teeth?And I don't wanna hear about his super bowl win.Any coach can win one.Ask Barry Switzer.

you're kidding right?Cowher?The biggest cheerleader in the NFL today?I remember watching a super bowl XXX recap on ESPN where the steelers special teams coach comes up to Cowher after they scored and suggests an on side kick.Cowher makes a weird face and then asks,I believe,Chan Gailey on his headset if he should do it.Gailey obviously says yes so he does it and they get it.Then Cowher walks up to the ref and says"boy that was a gutsy call I made there,huh?" with his stupid grin on his face.Anyone that spends any time watching the steelers knows that he's not the best coach out there. Not even top 5.Menudo,how many times in the last 5 years have you been pissed at Cowher when they get a lead and he sits on it and they win by the skin of their teeth?And I don't wanna hear about his super bowl win.Any coach can win one.Ask Barry Switzer.

1396085[/snapback]

Of course the sitting on the lead thing has frustrated me, but, he has learned from his mistakes. He went for the jugular this year thorughout the playoffs. Also, his record when leading by 10 or more in the 2nd half is like 85-1-1. Hard to argue with those numbers. You obviously don't like him, but his record speaks for itself. I wasn't on the Steeler bandwagon of ripping him during the somewhat down years. I've always liked him and stuck by him. I don't think you can ignore his accomplishments. You call him a 'cheerleader', I call him passionate. The players love him and he has gotten the most out of them, imho.

Edited by Menudo

You call him a 'cheerleader', I call him passionate.  The players love him and he has gotten the most out of them, imho.

1396096[/snapback]

Perhaps Dungy needs to adopt Cowher's approach... because he sure as hell doesn't get the most out of his players. :D

You said Belichick never won without Parcells or Romeo on his staff.  Considering someone that has always been a head coach would never be "on" Belichick's staff, there is no other interpretation but to read it as you in fact thought Belichick hasn't won without Parcells.

1396084[/snapback]

actually, you've got that completely bassackwards. if parcells has never been "on belichick's staff", then the statement you've got such a hard-on about could only mean "belichick has never won without romeo on his staff". which is true. the statement you was basically that bill b. has never won without parcells above him or romeo below him, and, again, that is true. sure it doesn't mean much, but that was exactly the point...it was made to demonstrate the absurdity of discrediting parcells by saying he hasnt won without bill b.

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was not in agreement with owner Jerry Jones about signing WR Terrell Owens, according to sources.

That's all T.O. needs ... the coach did not want me fine ... F*ck him then!

Let it begin.  :doah:

1394165[/snapback]

Doesn't surprise me a bit, ok who is our next coach?

You said Belichick never won without Parcells or Romeo on his staff.  Considering someone that has always been a head coach would never be "on" Belichick's staff, there is no other interpretation but to read it as you in fact thought Belichick hasn't won without Parcells.

1396084[/snapback]

Semantics. I think my point was clear, despite the specific wording of it.

You are basically trying to find something that has been with Belichick during his winning years, and using that as a "Bellichick hasn't won with....." argument.

Maybe it's Weis, maybe its Vinatieri, maybe it's a pair of lucky red sox Belichick threw out last year, and now we're really screwed.

1396084[/snapback]

Yes, my point, again, is that if you (or anybody) is goign to say Parcells has never won without Belichick, It can easily be said that Belichick has never won without either having Romeo on his staff or him being part of Parcells staff.

actually, you've got that completely bassackwards.  if parcells has never been "on belichick's staff", then the statement you've got such a hard-on about could only mean "belichick has never won without romeo on his staff".  which is true.  the statement you was basically that bill b. has never won without parcells above him or romeo below him, and, again, that is true.  sure it doesn't mean much, but that was exactly the point...it was made to demonstrate the absurdity of discrediting parcells by saying he hasnt won without bill b.

1396141[/snapback]

Thank you for explaining better than I could.

Perhaps Dungy needs to adopt Cowher's approach...  because he sure as hell doesn't get the most out of his players.    :D

1396138[/snapback]

Well, the players definitely love Dungy, but, I don't think they fear him at all. Dungy doesn't strike me as a motivator. I really like the guy and think he is a class act, but, he seems a little too far on the calm and gentle side.

Well, the players definitely love Dungy, but, I don't think they fear him at all.  Dungy doesn't strike me as a motivator.  I really like the guy and think he is a class act, but, he seems a little too far on the calm and gentle side.

1396212[/snapback]

Agreed. I really like Dungy as a person, but I don't it's just a coincidence that none of his teams have made it to a SB. Agreed that motivation is part of it. Back in January, the Colts were woefully unprepared for the playoff game against the Steelers (on both sides of the ball).

But nothing pissed me off more than watching Dungy smile and answer questions non-chalantly during his press conference the following day. I understand that he was probably still mourning the loss of his son, but he still needs to do his job. My God, act like you freaking care for once!!! No way that Parcells, Belichick, Cowher, Holmgren, etc. would've taken that piss-poor playoff performance so lightly. They would've ripped their teams to shreds... and justifiably so.