[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst starting QB your team has ever had ?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, for my Ravens? Can I go with "all of them"? :D

The WORST was Stoney Case, closely followed by Scott Mitchell.

We've really never HAD a good QB, unless you think Vinny Testaverde was GOOD :D

Edited by Gdawg

Dave Brown had to be the worst giant :doah: , but just barely over Joe Pisarcik. :D

1395262[/snapback]

You just beat me to it. Although Kanell was also right up there.

The Rams... Tony Banks. Without a doubt, Tony Banks. At least here in STL.

Although Fitz gave it a rather inept try last year, but he was running for his life on every down.

1394862[/snapback]

You are obviously not old enuff to remember Dieter Brock. :D

Yep, marginally over either Hutchinson or Krenzel.

1395271[/snapback]

Meh, I don't think that Hutchinson was THAT bad. He was definitely bad, but had a good game or two. Not exactly the worst in franchise history. Krenzel was definitely closer to Quinn's level. I'm not sure that Quinn was physically capable of throwing the ball more than 20 yards.

Almost every QB since Aikman retired for the Cowboys. I'll go with Quincy Carter. There have been worse, but he was supposed to be the QB of the Future  :D

1395283[/snapback]

Drew Bledsoe might not be Dallas' career QB but he's really not so bad. I'd say he is good to above-average.

Having the joy of rooting for the Saints for the last 11 years and the Bears my whole life there are 2 that stand out in my memory. Danny Wuerfel and Cade McNown. Ouch :D

1395316[/snapback]

At least you stay true to your teams. The Saints are probably a little tougher to root for but the Bears seem to have a nack for developing a stellar defense, which can make up for the poor QB's... kind of.

Drew Bledsoe might not be Dallas' career QB but he's really not so bad. I'd say he is good to above-average.

1395312[/snapback]

Agreed - he's certainly in the upper 50% as far as NFL QBs go. Thats why I said 'almost' every QB since Aikman :D

I always hated ESPN darling

Sean Salisbury

What a friggin loser, we kept him and let Gannon go, Gannon wins a MVP and goes to the super bowl and Sean has to cover them! Now he talks on TV about what a player he was and he was crap! :D

LOSER!

Ok I feel better now.

Meh, I don't think that Hutchinson was THAT bad.  He was definitely bad, but had a good game or two. 

1395299[/snapback]

I'm reminded of the old saw about blind squirrels and nuts. In 2005 pre-season Hutch was the anointed starter absent Grossman and before regular season started he was not merely demoted, but cut outright. That's quite an achievement. I'm not going to argue he was worse than Quinn, but he sure was poor. :D

I think you should narrow it down to the player that the team decided was the starter in the beginning of the season. Who was "the guy" and not an injury filler.

In no particular order...

Bob Lee, Bob Berry, Gary Cuozzo, George Shaw (season #1, Fran took over right away), Sean Salisbury (not sure if he fits in my category), and Norm Snead.

Best name for a Viking QB belongs to Jay Walker, 1996-1997.

I always hated ESPN darling

Sean Salisbury

What a friggin loser, we kept him and let Gannon go, Gannon wins a MVP and goes to the super bowl and Sean has to cover them! Now he talks on TV about what a player he was and he was crap! :D

LOSER!

Ok I feel better now.

1395362[/snapback]

When I heard him talk he always said he wasn't starter material. Of course he isn't braodcaster starter material either. :D