[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor's work load in MIN

Liverlips

Obvious keeper question. Is he there starting RB? Or do they keep up the 3 headed monster. :D Is the starting job his to lose. Wata dillio? Thanks if responding, piss off for the lerker. :D

1395191[/snapback]

I think they brought him in to be the starter and he will be given every chance to...

my best guess is that it will be some form of rbbc. i think moore and the whiz are too talented to keep off the field. assuming the whiz makes it back to the team of course.  chester still may get 15-20 carries and do ok though.

1395263[/snapback]

Well Moore has shown skills but cannot stay on the field because he is fragile...I think there is no way the Vikes bring back Whiz kid...not with this new front office...

Chester TaylorPosition: RBHeight: 5-11Weight: 213Born: 09/22/1979College: ToledoNFL Experience: 5                 +--------------------------+-------------------------+                |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2002 bal |  15 |    33    122    3.7    0 |    14    129   9.2    2 || 2003 bal |  16 |    63    276    4.4    2 |    20    132   6.6    0 || 2004 bal |  16 |   160    714    4.5    2 |    30    184   6.1    0 || 2005 bal |  15 |   117    487    4.2    0 |    41    292   7.1    1 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  62 |   373   1599    4.3    4 |   105    737   7.0    3 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

His measureables & stats cartainly show he could be a feature back. :D

The question is, will Childress use him in that role?

That can't be answered just yet, but the contract they signed him to, points to the featured back role.

Got a coin? :D

i'm in the same boat as you, lips

i'm pretty high on chester

vikes' new head of player personnel was on sirius a couple of weeks ago, and they clearly view chester as the main man, which mewelde as a 3rd-down back/spot guy

as for the line, it should be the best minny o-line in quite some time

Everytime I hear anything about him it seems to be about how good he is at catching the ball out of the backfield. I don't get the chance to watch many Raven games, does this guy have B-West potential??>

Theyve been RBBC for a few years now, and during those years, their running game hasnt really been feared. I think they try to change it up a bit and give Taylor the majority of the load. Unless he gets hurt, or proves he cannot carry the load, I see it as his job to lose.

I am excited! I have C.T. as a 7th round keeper - I believe Whizz is going to be sent packing as soon as the NFL reinstates him - I think by law the Vikings haven't been able to discuss Whizz until he is reinstated.

Does anyone know anything else about this? I have Whizz as a possible 11th rd keeper.

I am excited! I have C.T. as a 7th round keeper - I believe Whizz is going to be sent packing as soon as the NFL reinstates him - I think by law the Vikings haven't been able to discuss Whizz until he is reinstated.

Does anyone know anything else about this? I have Whizz as a possible 11th rd keeper.

1396601[/snapback]

With all the problems theyve had, theyd be dumb to keep him. Id see what you can get for him in a trade (if anyone is crazy enough to take him) and make a trade ASAP.

Just my opinion though.

1396601[/snapback]

They took on KRob, why would they not keep the whizz? :D

1396601[/snapback]

Correct - he cannot have any contact with the team until mid may or whenever his suspension date was. I don't think he will be back. Going into camp with RB's: Taylor, Moore, Fason, FB's: Richardson and Goodspeed...

I don't see them taking a chance with him...

1396601[/snapback]

I can keep him for a 12th rounder. Personally, I'm not as high on him as some here are, but for what he costs me, what the hell?

I think drafting him along with Onterrio Smith is a good handcuff tandem...

Moore is nothing more than a 3rd down back who can't block IMO...he's the one to leave on the W/W....and with the way the OL is shaping up, he seems like a LaMont Jordan kind of steal that was had last year in PPR leagues....

Thats exactly what I'm saying. Two years ago, I had Jordan on my roster, and every time he did something I would say "if that guy gets a freakin job I'm keepin him". He became a starter for the Raiders and I look like a genius. ---Last season, I acquired C.Taylor as a throw in, and the few times I watched him, I was convinced I wanted to keep him if he got a job. I am so tempted to keep him over Westbrook!!!!

Thats exactly what I'm saying.  Two years ago, I had Jordan on my roster, and every time he did something I would say "if that guy gets a freakin job I'm keepin him".  He became a starter for the Raiders and I look like a genius. ---Last season, I acquired C.Taylor as a throw in, and the few times I watched him, I was convinced I wanted to keep him if he got a job.  I am so tempted to keep him over Westbrook!!!!

1398102[/snapback]

the only time I've been burned by this theory was K Barlow....ouch

but he was my #3

In my league we can keep 4 players:

We play 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1Def and 1Kicker

I am keeping: C Taylor as a 7th rd keeper, Fitz as a 3rd and S. Moss as a 5th

I still have one more I can keep but I have to wait to see how things with the NFL draft go and preseason before I make that decision.

2nd Rd - Ronnie Brown

4th Rd - Ricky Williams and Todd Heap

5th rd - P. Burress

8th rd - S Gado

11th rd - Mark Clayton & "The Whizz"