[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mould NOT at Texan

i_am_the_swammi

This thing just won't die...

According to WCAU-NBC10 in Philly, reports that Eric Moulds has officially become a Houston Texan are erroneus. The report on the late news tonight stated the Eagles are still talking with Buffalo about a trade that would bring Moulds to the Eagles. According to Vai Sikahema, Moulds and his agent have yet to officially sign-off on the contract, re-stating that Moulds would ideally like to play in Philadelphia and be a #1 option, as opposed to playing in Houston alongside Andre Johnson. Eagles representatives were speaking with Bills officials as late as Thursday night in hopes of reaching a trade agreement.

Other than the report out of Houston's ESPN affilliate, I can't find anything (ESPN.com, CBSSportsline) that states the Houston deal is official. However, on Fanball.com, there was this, posted at 6:25 this evening:

03/30 18:25 Texans: Moulds deal not done yet

THE NEWS

Despite earlier reports, wide receiver Eric Moulds has not come to terms with the Houston Texans on a restructured contract, according to Harry Henderson, Moulds' agent. WGR 550 AM radio in Buffalo also reported Thursday evening that Bills vice president of communications Scott Berchtold said inital reports of the trade were false.

Our View

This news doesn't necessarily kill any hopes the Texans have of signing Moulds, but both sides will need to agree on a multi-year deal before the trade can proceed. For the time being, the Eagles are still in the running for Moulds. We'll keep you up to date with any new information as this story develops.

From everything I can infer from the above, it certainly sounds like Moulds doens't want to go to Houston. I wonder how the Texan's now feel about having him, after he has voiced he'd rather be in Philly?? :D

March 30, 2006, 9:22PM

Texans close to finalizing deal for Moulds

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

After days of negotiations, the Houston Texans are close to finalizing a trade that will land them Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds.

The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years, in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills as compensation. The Texans are offering a fifth-round draft pick. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick.

Moulds will arrive in town on Monday to meet with Texans officials. He is slated to become the Texans' No. 2 receiver and start opposite Andre Johnson.

"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," said Greg Johnson, Moulds' agent. "We'd be overstepping our bounds if we said it's just about dotting the i's and crossing the t's. It's not that close to being done, but we are very excited."

Johnson and Texans general manager Charley Casserly said no more progress will be made toward a deal until Monday. Casserly will be in Los Angeles over the weekend to watch running back Reggie Bush workout at Southern Cal's pro day on Sunday.

Moulds, a 10-year veteran, was the Texans' main priority during the past week. After being outbid by Tennessee for free agent receiver David Givens, the Texans turned their focus to Moulds, who had two years left on his contract with the Bills.

Since Moulds was set to count about $10.8 million against Buffalo's salary cap next season, the Bills wanted to restructure his contract. When their attempts failed, they granted Moulds permission to seek a trade.

Moulds, who is 6-2, 210 pounds, has spent his entire career in Buffalo. He was a first-round pick in the 1996 draft and has been a full-time starter since 1998. He has 675 catches for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns in 154 career games.

Moulds, a native of Lucedale, Miss., is excited about moving closer to his home.

"His mom has only attended about five games in Buffalo," Johnson said. "She says she can't wait to get in her RV and head down I-10 for the six-hour drive. She wants to tailgate with the fans. She says it will remind her of his college days (at Mississippi State).

"Hopefully this will work out for everyone. I can't say it definitely will, but we're very excited."

Moulds has been hampered by an offense that has struggled for most of the past five years. The passing game, which has ranked no better than 27th in the past three seasons, was part of the reason Moulds sought to leave Buffalo.

While the Texans ranked 30th out of 32 teams in passing last year, Johnson said Moulds is optimistic that won't be the case for long.

"He's excited about catching balls from David Carr, and he's especially excited because there won't just be one Pro Bowl receiver — there will be two," Johnson said. "He told me, 'How do I know there are two Pro Bowl receivers? Because Andre Johnson beat me out two years ago.'

"He's excited about the possible addition of Reggie Bush or even playing alongside Domanick Davis. They are both great backs. He doesn't see this as just a two-and-whatever team. He feels it's a new year for this team, and that he can really come in and truly help them win some games."

The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills as compensation. The Texans are offering a fifth-round draft pick. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick.

1396232[/snapback]

Good article...essentailly the same was reported here, that the Texans are unwilling to part with a higher pick. Should be interesting to see if they can work it out. The money, whether from the Texans or Eagles, would probably be about the same, and the Eagles have plenty of room under the cap to get it done, if the wish.

The real telling part will be if the Bills would be willing to take less than what they want, with the deadline to release him still months away. I can't imagine a scenario where they'd cave early...why would they? I am sure there are some that would like to stick it to him for his actions last year.

Good article...essentailly the same was reported here, that the Texans are unwilling to part with a higher pick. Should be interesting to see if they can work it out. The money, whether from the Texans or Eagles, would probably be about the same, and the Eagles have plenty of room under the cap to get it done, if the wish.

The real telling part will be if the Bills would be willing to take less than what they want, with the deadline to release him still months away. I can't imagine a scenario where they'd cave early...why would they? I am sure there are some that would like to stick it to him for his actions last year.

1396359[/snapback]

I'd say they have less than a month to get this done. Unless it's for an 07 draft pick or other compensation. the draft is less than a month away. :D

I heard a report on 610WIP in Philly that the Eagles looked into Moulds and were informed that he has a horrible attitude. The guy on the radio said he might be more of a "me" player then even Owens. I have never heard of that about Moulds until now, but if it is true then I am glad the Eagles won't get him.

I heard a report on 610WIP in Philly that the Eagles looked into Moulds and were informed that he has a horrible attitude.  The guy on the radio said he might be more of a "me" player then even Owens.  I have never heard of that about Moulds until now, but if it is true then I am glad the Eagles won't get him.

1396582[/snapback]

Moulds is NOT a me player. He already restructured his deal once in Buffalo. I dont blame him for wanting to leave really. Just like a player should honor a contract, so should a team. He restructured so they could afford someone (dont remember who it was), so he shouldnt have to continue doing so throughout the rest of his career.

He will be a team LEADER wherever he goes. He is far from a "me" player.

Edit - And to even COMPARE him to TO is obsurd. Comparing ANYone to TO is ludicrous.

Edited by peepinmofo

Moulds is NOT a me player. He already restructured his deal once in Buffalo. I dont blame him for wanting to leave really. Just like a player should honor a contract, so should a team. He restructured so they could afford someone (dont remember who it was), so he shouldnt have to continue doing so throughout the rest of his career.

He will be a team LEADER wherever he goes. He is far from a "me" player.

Edit - And to even COMPARE him to TO is obsurd. Comparing ANYone to TO is ludicrous.

1396591[/snapback]

I did not compare him to TO. The guy on the radio this morning was a hugh fan of Moulds coming to Philly and then this morning he reported that the Eagles were told Moulds was a "me" type player and even worse them TO. Like I said, I find it hard to believe the guy is that bad and we only hear about it now. I am just writing what I heard this morning.