[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

620 AM reporting Favre news conference Today

DaFreak

Not surprising, given that he fired Sherman and got rid of many of their best players.

1397077[/snapback]

Would you do that to your boss if you really hold the cards to the organization? A once in a lifetime experience.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post  a list of Ted Thompson's best GM moves.

1397090[/snapback]

Thompson's legacy will be determined by two things:

1. How he handles the Favre situation from here on out. It could be pretty dicey, pretty soon.

2. Aaron Rodgers.

That said, here are his best GM moves:

1. Re-signing Aaron Kampman.

2. Drafting Nick Collins in the 2nd round.

3. Signing Ryan Pickett.

4. Not signing Marco Rivera.

5. Signing Marquand Manuel.

6. Drafting Terrence Murphy in the second round (back condition unforeseen, J. Walker's situation foreseen).

That's about it.

Thompson's legacy will be determined by two things:

1. How he handles the Favre situation from here on out. It could be pretty dicey, pretty soon.

2. Aaron Rodgers.

That said, here are his best GM moves:

1. Re-signing Aaron Kampman.

2. Drafting Nick Collins in the 2nd round.

3. Signing Ryan Pickett.

4. Not signing Marco Rivera.

5. Signing Marquand Manuel.

6. Drafting Terrence Murphy in the second round (back condition unforeseen, J. Walker's situation foreseen).

That's about it.

1397146[/snapback]

He looked pretty good when he re-signed Kampman and then signed Picket and Manuel, but I was looking for something to be done on the offensive line. Rogers and Favre would both want to be protected.

He looked pretty good when he re-signed Kampman and then signed Picket and Manuel, but I was looking for something to be done on the offensive line. Rogers and Favre would both want to be protected.

1397191[/snapback]

you'll have to see spain's list for that...

1397191[/snapback]

Like who?

Attention all Packers fans: as long as the new zone-blocking scheme is in place, don't expect any "big-name" OGs or OCs to join the team, unless they're coming from other zone-blocking systems. The scheme is predicated on linemen too small (less than 300 lbs.) to be regular starters elsewhere. Fortunately, the scheme is very sound and it produces a lot of rushing yards and relatively few hits on the QB.

Like who?

Attention all Packers fans: as long as the new zone-blocking scheme is in place, don't expect any "big-name" OGs or OCs to join the team, unless they're coming from other zone-blocking systems. The scheme is predicated on linemen too small (less than 300 lbs.) to be regular starters elsewhere. Fortunately, the scheme is very sound and it produces a lot of rushing yards and relatively few hits on the QB.

1397283[/snapback]

Look I have no problem with a zone blocking scheme, but picking a scheme first and getting personnel to fit seems backward to me. If players aren't available for your system why use it?

As a Bears fan, watching Green Bay self-immolate is fun.  Of course, I hope Favre does call it a day because the toad has been known to beat us on his own. :D

1397272[/snapback]

Nah. As much as I hate watching Favre beat us, losing him is bad for the NFL in general. Plus, he doesn't have enough talent around him to beat us anymore. :D

I think Favre will say at this news coference that he will make a decision in a few days. As a Packer fan I hate to say this, but, Favre is a media paid friend and loves all this attention (regardless of what he says publicly). Because once this ends he will go back to being a redneck hillbilly driving a tractor and drinking a beer.

My gut feel is that he will come back next year because he does care about Marino's records he is so close to breaking.

1396657[/snapback]

This guy is brilliant.

John Clayton

3/31/2006

Packers GM Ted Thompson said Friday that Saturday's deadline for a $3 million roster bonus for Favre, delayed twice before, has been pushed back again as the Packers quarterback needs more time to decide if he will return for the 2006 season.

Thompson did not specify a new date for when the roster bonus is due. The bonus deadline was originally extended by a week to March 20 and was then extended until April 1.

Under terms of his contract, Favre would become an unrestricted free agent if the Packers do not pay the bonus. But throughout the process, both sides had an understanding that the payment deadline would be pushed back if Favre needed more time to decide on his future.

ESPN

Yea, I did not realize that about his contract either. Interesting to say the least.

1397690[/snapback]

Very, maybe he knows its a loop hole to go to the Ravens? Just trying to keep stuff stired up thats all.

Brett Favre, the NFL's only three time MVP and starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers for the last 14 years notified the team today that he will definitely make up his mind  about whether to return for 2006 sometime before the halfway point of the season.

"I know this is somewhat of an unorthodox position,"  Favre said with a laugh. "But I figure to really know for sure if my heart is still in it, I need to watch several weeks worth of games on television and then see how I feel. After all, even in Mississippi the grass doesn't grow much after October and I might find myself bored to tears on Sunday afternoons wishing I had something to do."

Favre said he realizes he gives up $10 million dollars if he decides to hang them up. "The money is nice, I won't lie about that. But there are just so many John Deere riding mowers a man can buy before the neighbors start getting jealous."

Favre said he appreciates all the moves Packers GM Ted Thompson has made this off-season to make the team more competitive. "I couldn't be more pleased," said Favre. "What quarterback in his right mind wouldn't relish the opportunity to throw touchdown passes to guys like Marc Boerighter and Ruvell Martin? Shoot, they could be my ticket to another Super bowl."

Link :D

Also there this poll-

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN VINCE YOUNG?

Here is a question from this year's Wonderlich test:

Of these cities, which comes first in the alphabet?

Atlanta

Green Bay

Jacksonville

St. Louis

None of the above

Editor's note: Young's agent was able to have this question removed from the test results after he successfully argued that it is culturally biased against people who don't speak English and/or anyone who attended the University of Texas.

:D