[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington

Flip_Side

Quarterback Joey Harrington was leaning toward agreeing to a contract with the Dolphins on Saturday, eliminating the major hurdle to Miami and Detroit working out a low-level trade for the former first-round pick.

A source close to Harrington said the Lions quarterback preferred the Dolphins' two-year offer over a one-year deal from Cincinnati and interest from Denver. The terms of the Dolphins' deal were not available, although Harrington is expected to earn approximately $2 million in 2006 from either the Dolphins or Bengals.

The Dolphins still have to work out a trade with Detroit, which was looking for at least a sixth-round pick for Harrington. The Dolphins don't have a fifth- or sixth-round pick in 2006, but do have three seventh-round picks and could trade a future pick to the Lions.

''It could change because you know how [bengals owner] Mike Brown is about quarterbacks when he likes one,'' the source said. ``But I think it'll get down with Miami in the next day or two. [Harrington] just seemed to be a little more comfortable with the whole situation in Miami.''

I didn't really like him in Detroit for obvious reasons, but with a little work I think he'll be a decent guy to handle the first few weeks until Daunte is back. I mean shoot I'd rather have him then the other #2 QB free agents. (Maddox, Flutie, Collins)

I didn't really like him in Detroit for obvious reasons, but with a little work I think he'll  be a decent guy to handle the first few weeks until Daunte is back. I mean shoot I'd rather have him then the other #2 QB free agents. (Maddox, Flutie, Collins)

1399491[/snapback]

I think he is making a huge mistake not going to the Bengals to be the backup QB. Harrington is a great backup QB for any team and will provide excellent depth for the Bangals but for obvious reasons he doesn't want to go there because he knows he will never start over the more talanted Carson Palmer once he is healthy. If Harrington goes to Miami I expect similar results he had in Detriot if he actually starts with the Dolphins. Joey is a solid backup QB option... he proved that the last 4 years. :D

Edit: However, he could still start for the Lions :D

Edited by TheGrunt

Joey Harrington Almost A Dolphin. 

<click>

:D

:D

Ohhh, I thought this post was going to announce Harrington was about to sign with Sea World to perform in their dinner show ... :D

1400262[/snapback]

He is, but as the back-up! :D

Edited by BigTen

Dolphins working on deal with Harrington

By Harvey Fialkov

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted April 3 2006, 8:05 AM EDT

The Dolphins are working on a deal to acquire Lions quarterback Joey Harrington, according to a source.

The source said that the Dolphins were willing to give Harrington a two-year contract, but that the holdup had to do with the value of the draft pick needed to consummate the trade.

LocalLinks

The Lions are reportedly looking for at least a sixth-round pick for Harrington, but the Dolphins have already traded away their fifth- and sixth-round picks. They have three seventh-round picks to bargain with.

The source added that the Bengals were still in the picture, but that the Dolphins were the clear favorite because Harrington felt that he would get more of an opportunity to display his skills while Daunte Culpepper recovers from knee surgery.

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is also recovering from knee surgery.

The Lions acquired free-agent quarterbacks Jon Kitna and Josh McCown after the season. Harrington is due a $4 million roster bonus on June 15. Lions coach Rod Marinelli said he hoped to resolve the Harrington situation as soon as possible.

"That would be nice," Marinelli told Scout.com earlier this week. "He just kind of made his decision to move in a different direction. That's kind of how I left it. I wish him the very best. The thing I can tell you is, he's got terrific talent."

Harrington, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2002 draft out of Oregon, had an 18-37 record as a starter with the Lions, and a career 68.1 passing rating.