[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Strength of Schedule

Jolly Rodgers

2006 Strength of Schedule

I dont put too much stock into this information, however some of you might. The top 5 teams with the "hardest" schedules are the Saints, Bucs, Giants, Bengals, and Steelers. The bottom 5 with the "easiest" schedule are the Bears, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings, and Jets. If I was a Saints fan I would be pissed. Worst record in the league = hardest schedule.

A last place schedule isn't what it used to be. Due to rotating playing through the different divisions (each year your team's division plays one complete AFC division and one complete NFC division), and 6 games in your own division, you only play TWO games against teams that finished in the same divisional place that you did (within your conference). Two games against "comparable" finishers can't do much for your strength of schedule.

I would imagine that the main reason the Saints have such a tough schedule is because of their 3 divisional opponents..... Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta.

1400124[/snapback]

Yeah, two 11-5 teams and one 8-8 team adds up quick when you have to play them twice a year. NFC South is tough.

A last place schedule isn't what it used to be.  Due to rotating playing through the different divisions (each year your team's division plays one complete AFC division and one complete NFC division), and 6 games in your own division, you only play TWO games against teams that finished in the same divisional place that you did (within your conference).  Two games against "comparable" finishers can't do much for your strength of schedule.

1400126[/snapback]

lol case in point...seattle, fourth easiest

A last place schedule isn't what it used to be.  Due to rotating playing through the different divisions (each year your team's division plays one complete AFC division and one complete NFC division), and 6 games in your own division, you only play TWO games against teams that finished in the same divisional place that you did (within your conference).  Two games against "comparable" finishers can't do much for your strength of schedule.

1400126[/snapback]

Which spells out that each team plays a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place team 4 times each.

The Saints/NFC South also have the luck of the draw of picking up 2 strong divisions in the AFC North and NFC East. - An additional 2 divison champs and 2 wild card teams from last year. Plus playing TB/Carolina twice.

Half thier games are against playoff teams! LOL.

Bears, Packers and Vikings are all in the worst division, playing each other twice... which is why they all seem to have the easiest schedules (I'm actually surprised the Lions aren't in the bottom five as well). But don't put too much stock in these strength of schedule reports... each year a number of bad teams make the jump to good, and a number of good teams tumble into mediocrity.

Bears, Packers and Vikings are all in the worst division, playing each other twice... which is why they all seem to have the easiest schedules (I'm actually surprised the Lions aren't in the bottom five as well).  But don't put too much stock in these strength of schedule reports... each year a number of bad teams make the jump to good, and a number of good teams tumble into mediocrity.

1400392[/snapback]

+1

Things change every year. The injury bug hits, and the next thing you know a once tough schedule turns into an easy one.

The Saints/NFC South also have the luck of the draw of picking up 2 strong divisions in the AFC North and NFC East. - An additional 2 divison champs and 2 wild card teams from last year.  Plus playing TB/Carolina twice. 

Half thier games are against playoff teams! LOL.

1400390[/snapback]

Donwgrade McCallister (if possible), and upgrade Brees/WRs...looks like they'll be playing lots of catch-up.

Bears, Packers and Vikings are all in the worst division, playing each other twice... which is why they all seem to have the easiest schedules (I'm actually surprised the Lions aren't in the bottom five as well). But don't put too much stock in these strength of schedule reports... each year a number of bad teams make the jump to good, and a number of good teams tumble into mediocrity.

1400392[/snapback]

The Lions don't get to play themselves twice. :D