[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings discuss trade Schaub

Outshined

Schaub would be a step in the right direction, but I would personally still like to see the Vikes draft Cutler and let him sit for a year behind Brad Johnson (ala Carson Palmer and Kitna).

Edited by wirehairman

Most people know that Schaub shined in the pre-season for the Falcons, and that is why certain people like him. Take a look at his pre-season numbers, they're pretty decent. I know it's just pre-season, but in those games he looked sharp. Take it for what it's worth. Also, when your #1 QB is Brad Johnson, you have to take a stab somewhere. And if you can get Schaub for a 3rd rounder, it might be a better option than trying to move up in the draft to get Leinart.

1402389[/snapback]

Schaub's preseason stats

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating

22 Matt Schaub ATL 362 70 36 3 2 36 68.9

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2005/pre

Since when is a 68.9 qb rating shining?

And sure he did well against the Pats in the regular season, but who didn't. They were 31st in the league in passing defense.

Edited by wcd480

Hasselbeck looked superb in pre-season too and turned out well in Seattle. Perhaps Schaub and Volek could too, but then they may just be great back-ups too. I could be wrong but really don't see Atlanta trading him for a 3rd round pick.

What about Coyle or Whitehurst?

Schaub update

The Vikings were turned down in their most recent offer for Atlanta backup quarterback Matt Schaub, and they appear on track to draft their quarterback of the future later this month. The Vikings offered Atlanta one of their two second-round picks for Schaub, who many believe is ready to start for a West Coast-style offense like the Vikings'.

The Falcons have insisted on getting a first-round pick for Schaub. The Vikings have been unwilling to part with their first-round selection, No. 17 overall, to get him.

You would think the Falcons would want to get something for him. Isn't he a UFA next year? I don't think the Falsons have that much leverage. What has he done other than a couple good games. I wouldn't give a 1st round pick for him either.

Maybe they will compromise as the draft gets closer. A second and a late round pick or a player...

You would think the Falcons would want to get something for him. Isn't he a UFA next year? I don't think the Falsons have that much leverage. What has he done other than a couple good games. I wouldn't give a 1st round pick for him either.

Maybe they will compromise as the draft gets closer. A second and a late round pick or a player...

1411689[/snapback]

This was his 2rd year. You don't become a UFA that soon. Atlanta isn't going to give up a necessary Vick back up cheap.

This was his 2rd year. You don't become a UFA that soon. Atlanta isn't going to give up a necessary Vick back up cheap.

1411693[/snapback]

For some reason I thought he has been in the league 3 years already. Its only been two. So he must be a RFA next year...