[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More on Favre from Chumura

Jumpin Johnies

He wasn't her date that night.  He went to the party with a friend who's daughter was having the party.  Chmura played beer pong with the girl who was also his babysitter.  She testified that she got hammered and then got into her underwear and got into the hottub with Chmura.  She told others at the party that he fingered her in the hottub and fondled her.  Different witnesses testified that they told her that Chmura was in the bathroom and she went in there anyways.  She claims that he raped her but the jury didn't believe her. 

1403151[/snapback]

Yeah, like any jury in Wisconsin is going to convict a former Pro Bowl TE who helped the Packers win a SB. :D

So what probably happened was Chmura intentionally got an underage drunk and took advantage of her.  The guy's a scumbag but probably isn't a rapist.

That depends on the law regarding statutory rape in Wisconsin.

Yeah, like any jury in Wisconsin is going to convict a former Pro Bowl TE who helped the Packers win a SB.  :D

1403233[/snapback]

He was never charged with statutory rape so I'm assuming 17 is over the age of consent.

Yeah, like any jury in Wisconsin is going to convict a former Pro Bowl TE who helped the Packers win a SB. 

1403233[/snapback]

Can't recall the details as to the law, but I do recall the prosecution flat-out failed to establish there was any sort of assault.

I'd hazard it was similar to what seemed to have happened in the Kobe Bryant situation - young woman went to fool around with an athlete and got scared when the situation escalated out of her control.

Can't recall the details as to the law, but I do recall the prosecution flat-out failed to establish there was any sort of assault.

I'd hazard it was similar to what seemed to have happened in the Kobe Bryant situation - young woman went to fool around with an athlete and got scared when the situation escalated out of her control.

1403316[/snapback]

Of course, the woman that Kobe fooled around with wasn't 17.

Yeah, like any jury in Wisconsin is going to convict a former Pro Bowl TE who helped the Packers win a SB.  :D

1403233[/snapback]

I think more it's a matter that this kind of crime is hard to win a conviction. It isn't just athletes. Often witnesses get tired of being drilled by the defense and want to forget what happened and back to re-building their lives.

I think more it's a matter that this kind of crime is hard to win a conviction. It isn't just athletes. Often witnesses get tired of being drilled by the defense and want to forget what happened and back to re-building their lives.

1403709[/snapback]

The problem with this case is the girl admitted to fooling around with Chmura in the hot tub to a group of girls before she followed him in the bathroom. Before she went into the bathroom two guys told her Chmura was in there. She told them that she knew that and then went into the bathroom. Nothing that girl said was ever backed up by anyone's testimony. The only reason she left the bathroom was because her friend was banging on the door because she was upset that Chmura's friend had fondled her. Chmura was prosecuted because he was a celebrity.

One thing,

I think Chewie probably knows Favre far far far better than 99.9% of the rest of us.

1402891[/snapback]

You're right. But the man has shown he has a severe lack of judgement, morals, integrity and character. I take the opinion of a man like that very lightly, and instead look to see what he has to gain from it.

Oh please...a 17 year old who took hiim to her prom is hardly a "child" these days.  What did you just come crawling out of a cave that you've lived in since the 1950's?  And whether or not actual rape occurred is anyone's guess as far as I know.  I know I don't recall ever hearing anything about there being a consensus on what actually occurred that night.

1403088[/snapback]

A point here is....3-4 years ago is a long time and people change....who and what I was in 2001-2002 is(can be) a far cry of hwho I am now...how I think....what my goals are....17 years old is statuatory rape in most states...whether she was willing or not....

Now maybe Chewie has changed...but so has Favre....how could he know what Favre thinks from 4 years ago....Favre's goals...thinking, etc. has changed Chewie and Favre haven't been talking buddies that I know of since their teammate days....so in essence he doesn't know Favre no better than we do today no more than I'd trust Chewie around my 15-16 year old sister.... :D:D

A point here is....3-4 years ago is a long time and people change....who and what I was in 2001-2002 is(can be) a far cry of hwho I am now...how I think....what my goals are....17 years old is statuatory rape in most states...whether she was willing or not....

Now maybe Chewie has changed...but so has Favre....how could he know what Favre thinks from 4 years ago....Favre's goals...thinking, etc. has changed Chewie and Favre haven't been talking buddies that I know of since their teammate days....so in essence he doesn't know Favre no better than we do today no more than I'd trust Chewie around my 15-16 year old sister.... :D  :D

1404193[/snapback]

That incident happened 6 years ago.

"Four corrections officers are later disciplined for soliciting Chmura's autograph while he was in jail. A fifth is later reprimanded for printing out a mug shot Chmura signed."

Nice. :D

1404201[/snapback]

Thanks for clarifying...my point still is Chmura doesn't know Favre any better than we do...as Favre's goals, outlook, etc has changed since the Favre to Chmura days....and 6 years or 10 years my trust of him is very low....thus his opinion IMO is unreliable and self promoting and probably far from how Favre thinks today...... :D

Thanks for clarifying...my point still is Chmura doesn't know Favre any better than we do...

1404208[/snapback]

I don't think this is right. I wouldn't care if Favre & Chewy hadn't spoken a word in 10 years and during that time Favre had a sex change. Chumra would still know Favre better way better than any of us.
as Favre's goals, outlook, etc has changed since the Favre to Chmura days....

1404208[/snapback]

Really? And you know this how?
thus his opinion IMO is unreliable and self promoting and probably far from how Favre thinks today......

1404208[/snapback]

Do you have anything that supports your thoughts here? Not trying to dog you here. I am seriously curious, because if you've got anything that legitimately backs up what you're saying, then I would certainly lend less credence to what Chewy has to say.

Edited by Big Score 1

"Four corrections officers are later disciplined for soliciting Chmura's autograph while he was in jail. A fifth is later reprimanded for printing out a mug shot Chmura signed."

Nice. :D

1404201[/snapback]

Like I said, I'm sure that Chuma the Superbowl Hero got a real fair trial from that impartial jury of Packers fans. :D