[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiper's Mock

THE SIX KINGS

yeah, if the overall WR class is weak, if anything that's a reason to bump a WR prospect UP your draft board, certainly not down. 

that said, i hope the broncos don't take jackson.  rookie WRs almost never contribute, i'd rather see them get a couple players who can help them right away...at DL, RB, DS..

1409521[/snapback]

I agree. Rookie WR's almost never contribute, and none of those guy mentioned is so outstanding that they can break the top 10 in draft rank. Therefore, I think it would be a poor value pick to choose one mid first round. If Denver took one at 15 it would be a wasted pick IMO.

or trades down to 4 and still gets mario.  depends who the jets would grab at 2 i guess (probably leinart, but maybe mario?)

i don't really understand why the saints would take another DE, either.  good chance it's all a smoke screen because they want to trade the pick and they think they can get more value if teams expect them to take mario should they stay put.  but if they're not looking to trade it, there's really no reason for the smokescreen.  who knows, wait and see i guess.

1404565[/snapback]

If it's a smokescreen than all these mock drafts I have been seeing are involved in it as well. I'm so sick of seeing DE as a need for the Saints because Darren Howard left. Will Smith was taken two years ago which made Howard expendable. And for those Saints fans that say "Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we had Williams and then played Smith or Grant inside on passing downs..." Remember that that type of thing is what made Darren howard disgruntled in New Orleans. He couldn't stand being moved inside.

One thing that I see happening is the media thinking that the drafting will go the same as it has for the last five years. I don't know how much control Loomis has in the draft day but they have to keep in mind they are dealing with a whole new staff and scheme. :D

Guest THEbigred
I think Kiper's analysis is actually getting worse every year.

I still haven't heard anyone explain why the Saints would take Mario Wiliams instead of Ferguson. It just seems ludicrous to me.

1404132[/snapback]

Is that even possible?

Don't worry, he'll align his mocks with the ones who have a clue as the draft nears :D

If it's a smokescreen than all these mock drafts I have been seeing are involved in it as well.  I'm so sick of seeing DE as a need for the Saints because Darren Howard left.  Will Smith was taken two years ago which made Howard expendable.  And for those Saints fans that say "Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we had Williams and then played Smith or Grant inside on passing downs..." Remember that that type of thing is what made Darren howard disgruntled in New Orleans.  He couldn't stand being moved inside. 

One thing that I see happening is the media thinking that the drafting will go the same as it has for the last five years.  I don't know how much control Loomis has in the draft day but they have to keep in mind they are dealing with a whole new staff and scheme.  :D

1410172[/snapback]

Saints likely need OL help more than DL...

D'Brickshaw Ferguson would be a good pick..