[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My latest mock

Swiss Cheezhead

i don't see SD passing up on a CB to take Santonio Holmes. our receiving core is good enough. our secondary needs all the help it can get.

CB in the 1st, WR in the 2nd i would agree with. nevertheless, you did address both in the first two rounds. :D

Edited by rebdog

Well, I doubt they'll have any suitors for the #1 pick. Realistically, I think they'll take Bush, but there's a tiny voice inside me that keeps saying they want someone else. Mostly, I just wanted to start a mock with someone else going #1 and see what happened. :D

1404336[/snapback]

Yeah I hear that.I think somewhere in there Atlanta will trade shaub to get back in 1st round and pick up a DT,OL,or CB and possibly a RB

Edited by suckmyvick

Highly unlikely those trades happen. Good deals for the teams moving up, bad for those moving down. It's usually the opposite effect. I can see the Baltimore move, but not the other two.

If you are going to play fantasy draft, round two should probably have more trades (and realistic ones) than round one. Sadly, this has no shock value though, people like to see first round drama.

Maybe 1 early 1st round trade, definitely a late first round trade or two. Someone moves up from the early 2nd to the 1st.

Totaly understand you going for the coolness factor.

1404636[/snapback]

I certainly agree with most of that. It's just not interesting to project 2nd-round trades, though. The draft trade chart is watered down and the stakes are obviously not as high. Plus, for the most part, there were players (hypothetically) available at each team's pick who I think the team would realistically select that high.

I disagree with your first sentence, though. Bad deals for the teams moving down? Hardly.

Green Bay would be in MUCH better shape with Jackson and D. Williams than Hawk.

Buffalo would get Bunkley AND Hali for their 1.08 pick, instead of having to consider Bunkley there anyway.

Detroit gets Justice and Ryans, instead of taking Justice at 1.09 outright.

The trades help all teams involved, IMO, with the possible exception of Denver.

An amazing job on this as well as the others....and I am sure it will change between now and the 29th.....

When and where do you see Calhoun going? 

Again, well done.

1405400[/snapback]

I still think Calhoun's best fit would be Atlanta, by far, but their void at OT is bigger, so I think they'd target that position with their first pick (plus, Colledge is the perfect kind of tackle for the zone-blocking scheme).

Other than that, the Giants could consider him at the bottom of round 2, but they still have DT (as reflected in the mock), WR, and O-line to address as well.

My guess is that if Calhoun is around in the 3rd, Atlanta would trade up to get him somehow. Or, if Atlanta trades back into the first (with Schaub) to snag a guy like Eric Winston, then I see them taking Calhoun in the 2nd.

A few things I'm noticing:

-- Unless I force Sinorice Moss somewhere, he falls further than I expect.

-- It's always hard to predict where a huge, 350-lb guard (Jean-Gilles) will go.

-- The Patriots have a TON of "needs". They could go a number of directions.

-- Jacksonville, so far, has done the best job hiding their intentions. I know they want a TE, but I don't think they'll find good value in the first two rounds.

1404144[/snapback]

Yes, the Jags do hide their intentions well as noted. I don't see them drafting a

RB in the first round though. If they can't get Arrington at their price I see

them drafting a LB . They don't have any extra picks so I don't see them trading

up to get the TE they truly desire. I like your mock though!

Highly unlikely those trades happen. Good deals for the teams moving up, bad for those moving down. It's usually the opposite effect. I can see the Baltimore move, but not the other two.

1404636[/snapback]

Buffalo moving down only 6 spots, and getting a free 2nd rounder, is a bad move on their part?? They still get the OT they covet, and a mid-2nd round selection.

Seems like win-win from here.

I considered Mangold, but from what I understand, they've been ready to hand the OC job to Okkobi for a couple of years now, but Hartings keeps having All-Pro seasons. If they don't think they can keep Okkobi in 2007, then Mangold would be a very nice selection.

Pittsburgh's 2nd pick was definitely tough, but only because I don't think they have any glaring "needs". With Hagan hypothetically in the fold, the WR position is shored up, I like Keisel, so I think their DEs are fine, their ILBs are very solid, if you're including Rian Wallace, and we've already discussed OC.

So, I believe it's possible that they look for an upgrade over Max Starks. Of all their starters, he's one of the weakest.

1404363[/snapback]

Well, the Steelers have been sending mixed feelings about Okobi. I get the feeling that they think he is a very solid backup, because he can play Guard as well. I don't think they're sold on him taking over for Hartings.

As for DE, I like Keisel as well, but, they still lack depth. They signed Rodney Bailey, but, I still would like to see them grab a young DE at some point.

At ILB, Kriewalt is their backup, but, he is more of a special teams guy. Wallace hasn't shown enough for me where I'm comfortable with him if either Foote or Farrior goes down.

Max Starks has steadily improved and has become solid at Tackle. Your pick is certainly not out of the question though, as I think the Steelers do need to add depth at OT, but, I don't see it happening in the 1st two rounds.

I cant see the Ravens trading their 1st AND second round picks to move up and take Young. They dont have a third round pick this year and they have a LOT of holes to fill.

1406193[/snapback]

Duly noted. Plus, with McNair's situation blowing up, the Ravens will probably feel fine about their QB situation.

Duly noted. Plus, with McNair's situation blowing up, the Ravens will probably feel fine about their QB situation.

1406281[/snapback]

Yes, we shall see what happens with McNair. Will be very interesting, to say the least :D