[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sarge's 2006 1st round NFL Mock

Sgt. Ryan

What about Minnesota? Because I question that pick too.

I really think they are going OL especially with O'Neill and Winston (according to your mock) available.

1406205[/snapback]

LMAO, I guess you didnt see they just paid 49 mil to Hutch. McKinnie is a RFA in a yr or two, you think they are going to commit another 30 mil to those 2 at the OL position. BTW, Oneil and Winston are not Brick and Justice, so why would they reach for a position they do not need, when they can get exactly what they need in the draft.

LMAO,  I guess you didnt see they just paid 49 mil to Hutch.  McKinnie is a RFA in a yr or two, you think they are going to commit another 30 mil to those 2 at the OL position.  BTW, Oneil and Winston are not Brick and Justice, so why would they reach for a position they do not need, when they can get exactly what they need in the draft.

1406510[/snapback]

I guess you didn't see the 14 million they just gave Chester Taylor.

I guess you didn't see the 14 million they just gave Chester Taylor.

1406964[/snapback]

Yes I did, I laughed my ass off how stupid that front office is. Come to think of it, they may just take another OL, if they get their pick in, in time. :D

They lost 3 straight NFC Champ games before they finally got TO.  So id say they didnt contend for the SB, since they never made it until they finally got a WR.  BTW, they are no where near the same team as 2 yrs ago.  This team is not making the playoffs, regardless of who they draft.

1406495[/snapback]

Your mock was pretty good, well thought out, but you are losing credibility by stating "they didn't contend for a Super Bowl" since they lost 3 NFC Championship games. How can a team that went to 4 straight NFC Championship games (albeit winning just one), not be considered a contender? And the one they did win was without the WR you say they so desperately need?

And put your bias aside for one moment...this was a team that was 4-4 last year with a QB playing thru a sports hernia until he was injured for good...not to mention a huge distraction in you-know-who. Both of those probelsm are gone.

Their schedule this year should put them at about 10-6...i don't know if its good enough to make the playoffs or not, as I haven't totally analyzed the rest of the conference. But you are right, they will make/not make the playoffs regardless of who they draft...a rookie WR/OT wouldn't have an impact in this complex offense. Only a DT/LB would get significant playing time this year.

Their fate will be with their current roster, which was upgraded at DE (Howard), WR (Gaffney) and LB (Barber)..and they lost no one of significance, except TO, which should end up being a positive over what he brought to the table last year.

I can't see how you feel this team is not at least on par with the teams of the last several years. The only thing that's changed is the fact that division got better, and their 6 divisional wins will probably be only 3...hence my 10-6 prediction versus the prior years 14-2, 13-3, 12-4 marks.

Do know they get to play last-place schedule this year...San Fran and Green Bay are their bonus games relative to the schedules of NY, WAS, and DAL.