[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe not Miami for Joey H...

BigTen

Schefter: Other team may land Joey

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that Joey Harrington may be picked up by a team other than the Bengals or Dolphins, the teams showing most interest. Schefter cites an email from an unidentified Lions official.

Hold off on anointing Joey Harrington as Daunte Culpepper's backup for now. In an e-mail, a Lions official said today he would not be surprised if Harrington wound up somewhere other than Miami or Cincinnati, the two teams seemingly most interested in the Lions quarterback.

"There are strong indications of other teams getting interested as we get closer to the draft," the e-mail said.

I wish this would just end.

Is it Miami making a stink about this whole situation or Harrington stuck on being the Starting QB? Only during his third year did he show potential to develop into the starting QB he wants to be but destroyed those hopes with last years mishaps. He should accept his role as a backup and go to the Bengals. At least he'll have the chance to watch a real starting QB play; not to mention having Chad Johnson as a target to throw to, which by all means should improve his stats a little right?

Is it Miami making a stink about this whole situation or Harrington stuck on being the Starting QB? Only during his third year did he show potential to develop into the starting QB he wants to be but destroyed those hopes with last years mishaps. He should accept his role as a backup and go to the Bengals. At least he'll have the chance to watch a real starting QB play; not to mention having Chad Johnson as a target to throw to, which by all means should improve his stats a little right?

1405068[/snapback]

The only team that could really offer Harrington a starting job is Baltimore, and I have not seen much interest by them, they seem to want McNair, so I think Joey knows he will be going in as a backup anywhere he goes.

The only team that could really offer Harrington a starting job is Baltimore, and I have not seen much interest by them, they seem to want McNair, so I think Joey knows he will be going in as a backup anywhere he goes.

1405080[/snapback]

But has he accepted the idea of it yet? From what I understand, he truly believes he can start in the NFL right now. Maybe in a a couple of years but he needs to sit on the bench and watch some real QB's play and learn from them. He needs some confidence put back onto him before being thrown to the sharks again. :D

But has he accepted the idea of it yet? From what I understand, he truly believes he can start in the NFL right now. Maybe in a a couple of years but he needs to sit on the bench and watch some real QB's play and learn from them. He needs some confidence put back onto him before being thrown to the sharks again.  :D

1405111[/snapback]

Yes. That is why the ideal place would be KC. But little intrest from Harrington or Chief. I wonder why?

But has he accepted the idea of it yet? From what I understand, he truly believes he can start in the NFL right now. Maybe in a a couple of years but he needs to sit on the bench and watch some real QB's play and learn from them. He needs some confidence put back onto him before being thrown to the sharks again.  :D

1405111[/snapback]

I agree with you totally, I just have not seen anything suggesting he wants to go to a team where he can start, but I have not read over his situation this week so am behind a little on him.

Yes.  That is why the ideal place would be KC.  But little intrest from Harrington or Chief.  I wonder why?

1405147[/snapback]

There seemed to be talk of Kansas City when Harringtons name 1st went out there, IMO Harrington could not find a better place to be, the O-line is set, they have a excellent running game and are a possible playoff team, plus Green seems to me to be losing it a little.

There seemed to be talk of Kansas City when Harringtons name 1st  went out there, IMO Harrington could not find a better place to be, the O-line is set, they have a excellent running game and are a possible playoff team, plus Green seems to me to be losing it a little.

1405171[/snapback]

I have a feeling that wherever Harrington goes it might take awhile. It seems like many teams are interesting in him and possibly looking into trading for him but he is one of those players that still has many unknown answers for many questions about his ability to play. I do agree that KC would be a great home for him considering they already have a developed offense (O-line very much included) but I haven't heard much about trade talks involved with KC and the Lions; is this just a rumor or are there any links to an article about this? As far as I can tell the Dolphins are still somewhat interested but maybe some new info was just released that I have not read yet.

It seems pretty clear to me that Joey would prefer a chance at some playing time in 2006 and then become a free agent in 2007. Both Miami and Cincy have QBs who might not be ready for the beginning of the season, but both have an interest in winning those first few games. Each would be "renting" Harrington in the hope that the team didn't start out the season in a huge hole.

I would guess that Harrington is okay with doing that (and then sitting on the bench the rest of the year), as long as those two teams allow him to leave in 2007.

At least, if I were Joey, that's what I'd be doing. :D

It seems pretty clear to me that Joey would prefer a chance at some playing time in 2006 and then become a free agent in 2007. Both Miami and Cincy have QBs who might not be ready for the beginning of the season, but both have an interest in winning those first few games. Each would be "renting" Harrington in the hope that the team didn't start out the season in a huge hole.

I would guess that Harrington is okay with doing that (and then sitting on the bench the rest of the year), as long as those two teams allow him to leave in 2007.

At least, if I were Joey, that's what I'd be doing. :D

1405434[/snapback]

On the assumption that Joey still thinks he should start next season, and all season long, that is what is probably weighing his decision on where he wants to play. If he were smart, he would accept his role of being a backup QB with a talanted starting QB to watch and learn from--like the Bengals. I think he is only looking for a one or two year contract which from what I understand is what the Dolphins are considering with him but I still think he wants to start wherever he goes. It's possible he realizes that he should just sit back and learn from a confident starting QB but I'm sure we'll get more word on where he wants to go and why in the next couple of weeks.

I have a feeling that wherever Harrington goes it might take awhile. It seems like many teams are interesting in him and possibly looking into trading for him but he is one of those players that still has many unknown answers for many questions about his ability to play. I do agree that KC would be a great home for him considering they already have a developed offense (O-line very much included) but I haven't heard much about trade talks involved with KC and the Lions; is this just a rumor or are there any links to an article about this? As far as I can tell the Dolphins are still somewhat interested but maybe some new info was just released that I have not read yet.

1405312[/snapback]

I don't remember the links, could probably find them at the Detroit free press though , but when Harrington's name 1st come out there was rumors K.C. was 1 of the teams interested, have not heard their name mentioned in a while though as most of the speculation seems to be Cincy and Miami now.

I think Cincy will be tough because Joey knows they already have their QB of the future on the team, I would think he would want to go to a team that has either a aging QB or where there is some competition.

That all being said he should be happy with any situation handed to him. he has never proven anything yet.

That all being said he should be happy with any situation handed to him. he has never proven anything yet.

1405860[/snapback]

You got that one right. :D

You are right about the Dolphins probably being a better choice but only if Culpepper doesn't perform the way he used to during his Randy Moss days.

If it's improvement he wants, I'd go Bengals

If it's a hopeful starting role and possible full time career move he wants, Dolphins all the way. But niether has any gaurantee for him considering his (or lack of) career notes.

From John Clayton

"Here's the latest on the Joey Harrington waiting game. The former Lions quaterback has all but agreed to a two-year contract with the Dolphins. He picked the Dolphins over the Bengals. But the Dolphins and the Lions are nowhere in working out a trade. The Dolphins originally weren't willing to give up any draft choice for Harrington after trading away two 2006 picks for two quarterbacks -- Duante Culpepper and Cleo Lemons. They are willing to offer a low-round pick in 2007, but the Lions think they can get a third- or a fourth-round pick. If nothing is worked out by June, Harrington will have to be released because he is owed a $4 million roster bonus.