[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philadelphia Eagles Schedule

Marauders11

just released on WIP, local sports talk.

Week:

1-@HOU

2-NYG

3-@SF

4-GNB

5-DAL

6-@NO

7-@TB

8-JAX

9- BYE

10-WASH

11-TEN

12-@INDY

13-CAR

14-@WASH

15-@NYG

16-@DAL (Christmas Day)

17-ATL (New Year's Eve)

Easy first 6 weeks.

Week 12 hrough 16 is brutal!

Talk that the week 16 Dallas game is in Dallas because of fear of bad weather and having nobody on a holiday available to clear snow, etc. avoiding a potential headache by playing it in Dallas....

No times listed for 1PM/4PM or any National games (Sunday-Monday night)--

Edited by Marauders11

3 straight NFC East road games in December.

Now just who did the Eagles brass piss off this time? :D

They should be 8-2 or better heading into the final 6 games. They better be, if they hope to make the playoffs. My breakdown:

Week 1: W @ HOU

Week 2: W vs NYG

Week 3: W @ SF

Week 4: W vs GB

Week 5: W vs DAL

Week 6: W @ NO

Week 7: L @ TB

Week 8: W vs JAX

Week 9: BYE

Week 10 : W vs WASH

Week 11: W vs TEN

Week 12: L @ IND

Week 13: L vs CAR

Week 14: L @ WAS

Week 15: L @ NYG

Week 16: L @ DAL

Week 17: W vs ATL

10-6 looks about right, giving CAR the win in Philly, since the Eagles always struggle with them. The W @ SF could also be a trap-game...cross-country, coming off a divisional foe. Should be another interesting year!

3 straight NFC East road games in December.

Now just who did the Eagles brass piss off this time? :D

They should be 8-2 or better heading into the final 6 games. They better be, if they hope to make the playoffs. My breakdown:

Week 1: W @ HOU

Week 2:  W vs NYG

Week 3:  W @ SF

Week 4:  W vs GB

Week 5:  W vs DAL

Week 6:  W @ NO

Week 7:  L @ TB

Week 8:  W vs JAX

Week 9:  BYE

Week 10 : W vs WASH

Week 11:  W vs TEN

Week 12:  L @ IND

Week 13:  L vs CAR

Week 14:  L @ WAS

Week 17: W vs ATL

10-6 looks about right, giving CAR the win in Philly, since the Eagles always struggle with them.  The W @ SF could also be a trap-game...cross-country, coming off a divisional foe. Should be another interesting year!

1407279[/snapback]

That sucks! :D

If they don't get Walker and a RB and some d- help in the draft. I say 9 and 7. I hope I am wrong!

I have fat fingers...that was supposed to be 2 of 6  :D

1408812[/snapback]

hey man, with our schedule, I gotta take any chance given to ride you NFC East rivals :D

Quick question tho...if we are going 2-4 in the division, just curious as to who you think is sweeping us? And why, since we have rid oursleves of E-GO, still have the best (and now healthy) QB in the division, a better D-line, minor upgrade at WR, and upgrade at LB?

hey man, with our schedule, I gotta take any chance given to ride you NFC East rivals :D

Quick question tho...if we are going 2-4 in the division, just curious as to who you think is sweeping us? And why, since we have rid oursleves of E-GO, still have the best (and now healthy) QB in the division, a better D-line, minor upgrade at WR, and upgrade at LB?

1408835[/snapback]

Please stop acting like T.O. talent won't be missed. I despise Owens more than any other player in the history of the NFL. That said, he brought something to the Eagles that had been lacking for quite some time, a playmaker at WR. Yes, they won without him, but, given the improvement in their division, I think it will be a lot tougher now. I don't think Gaffney is the answer, and I still think not having a true #1 WR is going to hurt. McNabb is now on the downswing of his career, imho, but is still solid. The Eagles defense is solid, but not spectacular. I really don't see them doing much better than 8-8.

P.S. Weren't you the one that told me the Steelers would go 8-8 this year ? Care to make a wager on that one. :D

You know it is hard to predict until FA signings are over and the draft plays out. I just don't see a real playmaker at WR. Yeah you lose your team cancer but I just don't see anyone stepping in as a true #1 WR. Unfortunately I see Dallas sweeping you...if not them then NY lol. (I have to keep a positive attitude about my own team). Defensively they aren't bad but I think the other NFC east team's defenses are good enough to keep them in any game with the Eagles. I also give Dallas a little advantage with TO for the first year. In year two all bets are off.

P.S.  Weren't you the one that told me the Steelers would go 8-8 this year ?  Care to make a wager on that one.  :D

1408846[/snapback]

Yeah I want in on this too :D

did the Eagles not make 3 straight NFC Championship games with out a "true #1 WR"? and didn't they get to the Super Bowl through the playoffs without a true #1 WR on the field?

Don't get me wrong- I wish we could have worked things out and kept TO, but acting as if the Eagles fall off the cliff without him is just not being objective-I love TO as a player, but I'm not in the locker room and neither are any of you so as ridiculous at it seems from an outsider observers' POV (I am of the belief that you should just play ball and off field stuff should not effect that performance) maybe his baggage really did drag down the rest of the team on Sundays? it seems that way, but who knows.

I don't always agree with the front office moves the team makes but they at least deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong between the lines. Last year was a down year with a ton of injuries and the TO crap piled on top- Koy Detmer & Mike McMahaon- enough said. Prior to that pretty much everything Reid & Co. tried personnel-wise worked more often than not even if it wasn't "popular" at the time.

I'll say a realistic 10-6 and as good a shot as anyone to take the NFC East.

Break it down:

Split the 6 division games. (3 wins)

Likely wins: @HOU, @SF, GB, @NO, TEN (5 wins)

Likely Losses: @INDY, @TB

Toss ups: JAX, CAR (Split these 2) (1 win)

Pivitol game- week 17 at home vs. Atlanta ( we OWN Mike Vick- so chalk that up as win #10) (1 win)

There is your 10....

With that schedule how can you honestly project it any other way except if you don't like the Eagles and just want to bash them without good reason.

did the Eagles not make 3 straight NFC Championship games with out a "true #1 WR"? and didn't they get to the Super Bowl through the playoffs without a true #1 WR on the field?

Don't get me wrong- I wish we could have worked things out and kept TO, but acting as if the Eagles fall off the cliff without him is just not being objective-I love TO as a player, but I'm not in the locker room and neither are any of you so as ridiculous at it seems from an outsider observers' POV (I am of the belief that you should just play ball and off field stuff should not effect that performance) maybe his baggage really did drag down the rest of the team on Sundays? it seems that way, but who knows.

I don't always agree with the front office moves the team makes but they at least deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong between the lines. Last year was a down year with a ton of injuries and the TO crap piled on top- Koy Detmer & Mike McMahaon- enough said. Prior to that pretty much everything Reid & Co. tried personnel-wise worked more often than not even if it wasn't "popular" at the time.

I'll say a realistic 10-6 and as good a shot as anyone to take the NFC East.

Break it down:

Split the 6 division games. (3 wins)

Likely wins: @HOU, @SF, GB, @NO, TEN (5 wins)

Likely Losses: @INDY, @TB

Toss ups: JAX, CAR (Split these 2) (1 win)

Pivitol game- week 17 at home vs. Atlanta ( we OWN Mike Vick- so chalk that up as win #10) (1 win)

There is your 10....

With that schedule how can you honestly project it any other way except if you don't like the Eagles and just want to bash them without good reason.

1408921[/snapback]

I don't think the Eagles are bad, I just think they are the worst of 4 solid teams in that division. I don't see them splitting their division games.

Please stop acting like T.O. talent won't be missed.  I despise Owens more than any other player in the history of the NFL.  That said, he brought something to the Eagles that had been lacking for quite some time, a playmaker at WR.  Yes, they won without him, but, given the improvement in their division, I think it will be a lot tougher now.  I don't think Gaffney is the answer, and I still think not having a true #1 WR is going to hurt.  McNabb is now on the downswing of his career, imho, but is still solid.  The Eagles defense is solid, but not spectacular.  I really don't see them doing much better than 8-8.

P.S.  Weren't you the one that told me the Steelers would go 8-8 this year ?  Care to make a wager on that one.  :D

1408846[/snapback]

I never once said his TALENT won't be missed...but what we'll miss by not having him on the field will be nothing compared to the advantage gained by not having him divide the locker room against the QB.

And the reference to Gaffney: no, not meant to say he will replace T.O. The upgrade he brings is over every other WR on our team (injured Pinkston, raw Reggie Brown, inconsistent McCants). He immediately becomes a starter.

And I agree, the division is a hell of a lot tougher than in the past. I have posts on other threads saying just that. But the TEAM is about the same as it was prior to T.O, talent-wise...the division just got better. So instead of going 5-1 or 6-0 against the division, I too see them splitting. That means that instead of the 12-4/13-3 years that they had prior to T.O, 10-6 looks about right.

Good enough for the division? depends if someone else steps up. Good enough for the wildcard? depends on the rest of the conference. 8-8? Hardly.

PS...yes, looking again at the Steelers schedule, 8-8 looks about right, so I'll make that wager with you. Sig line change for say, four weeks??? And if you like, we can double it with your 8-8 Eagles prediction. :D

PS...yes, looking again at the Steelers schedule, 8-8 looks about right, so I'll make that wager with you. Sig line change for say, four weeks??? And if you like, we can double it with your 8-8 Eagles prediction. :D

1409151[/snapback]

So, you are really betting me that the Steelers do not finish better than 8-8. :D The terms look good to me..... it is a bet.

I'll say 11-5 as we'll likely come out strong out the gate and slow a little down the stretch..

1407681[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Week 1: L @ HOU

Week 2: L vs NYG

Week 3: W @ SF

Week 4: W vs GB

Week 5: L vs DAL

Week 6: W @ NO

Week 7: L @ TB

Week 8: L vs JAX

Week 9: BYE

Week 10 : L vs WASH

Week 11: W vs TEN

Week 12: L @ IND

Week 13: L vs CAR

Week 14: L @ WAS

Week 17: L vs ATL

The old 4-12.

yeah, i'll gamble.

will you on the Eagles portion of my offer??

1409281[/snapback]

Nah, I'm a smart gambler. I've already got a sure thing. :D