[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions becoming an actual NFL team?

BigTen

You really have the Lions ahead of the Vikes? Please explain? I can sorta see it....  :D

1409560[/snapback]

well, i don't know which team is better at this point. but i feel pretty certain the vikes have been making moves that put them in worse shape long-term than they were last year. what i was saying is, if the vikes and pack are going in the wrong direction, then the lions can get "better" just standing still. just my opinion obviously.

well, i don't know which team is better at this point.  but i feel pretty certain the vikes have been making moves that put them in worse shape long-term than they were last year.  what i was saying is, if the vikes and pack are going in the wrong direction, then the lions can get "better" just standing still.  just my opinion obviously.

1409583[/snapback]

Gotcha. It should be close race for second :D.

well, i don't know which team is better at this point.  but i feel pretty certain the vikes have been making moves that put them in worse shape long-term than they were last year.  what i was saying is, if the vikes and pack are going in the wrong direction, then the lions can get "better" just standing still.  just my opinion obviously.

1409583[/snapback]

If we're talking long-term: Lions all the way... followed with several "if" statements...

Lions new website...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/

1409614[/snapback]

:D

...just give it time. At this point if I were a Lions fan I would definitely take the long-term approach (even though it seems like that has ALWAYS been the case). This team has potential and for the first time in a really long time looks like they can really do something with this team but there are still missing pieces to be mended. Long-term... maybe 2-3 years? Maybe less. :D

True, they are at least standing behind their team but I still think it's foolish to ignore the bad calls. I mean, it won't change the outcome of the game by admitting a few wrong calls. The Steelers won the game, congrats to them, but it wasn't an interesting game because of how they won. Oh well.   :D

At least the Steelers have an OK team compared to the Lions. Although, I do think we'll see the Lions in a superbowl before ever seeing the Steelers back in it.  :D But the Lions would somehow have to get just as lucky as the Steelers did to make it there!

1409539[/snapback]

Explain to me how the Steelers got luck to "make it there". Listen noob, you obviously have hatred in your heart for the Steelers. You've had post after post :D 'ing, and, from what I can formulate, you aren't even a Seahawks fan. I know the Steelers are one of, if not the greatest franchises in NFL History, deep down so does everybody else. Try not to let your jealousy get to you so much.

P.S. Welcome to the Huddle :D

Edited by Menudo

Explain to me how the Steelers got luck to "make it there".  Listen noob, you obviously have hatred in your heart for the Steelers.  You've had post after post :D 'ing, and, from what I can formulate, you aren't even a Seahawks fan.  I know the Steelers are one of, if not the greatest franchises in NFL History, deep down so does everybody else.  Try not to let your jealousy get to you so much.

P.S.  Welcome to the Huddle  :D

1409766[/snapback]

Let it DIE !PLEASE!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:huh::lol::):D:unsure::woot::woot::woot::woot::o

:ninja:

Let it DIE !PLEASE!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :huh:  :lol:  :)  :D  :unsure:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

1410030[/snapback]

Menudo is sensitive to the fact that the Steelers were the first team to win a superbowl while losing the yardage, time of possession, and turnover battles, while desperatley justifying they were better team on the field.

Explain to me how the Steelers got luck to "make it there". 

1409766[/snapback]

For starters, the injury of Carson Palmer made that game a gimme... and that was just the first game :D But I'll give the Steelers a hand for beating the Bengals 'B' team during the playoffs! So much skill!

Why?  Because some "no-nonsense" coach comes to town? 

Can you say Bobby Ross?

I'm not even going mention that it's the preseason and the guy is like 60 years old but has no head coaching experience. 

1409540[/snapback]

One big diff, Ross was strictly discipline while Maranelli has also been a motivator. Martz is a second factor as well. The Lions obviously need discipline, and most definitefly motivation. The thing I like is is Maranelli hasn't been talking playoffs or anyhting else, just doing the things the right way. Maybe they won't look like slugs after the frist half anymore. Yes I always get my hopes up every year, but I do think this year we will see a difference.

For starters, the injury of Carson Palmer made that game a gimme... and that was just the first game  :D But I'll give the Steelers a hand for beating the Bengals 'B' team during the playoffs! So much skill!

1410490[/snapback]

...and your excuse for why they beat the Colts & Broncos ?

Menudo is sensitive to the fact that the Steelers were the first team to win a superbowl while losing the yardage, time of possession, and turnover battles, while desperatley justifying they were better team on the field.

1410474[/snapback]

Did you guys get a ring that said, we won the yardage, time of possession, & turnover battle :D 'We've got five and you aint got none' :D

At this point if I were a Lions fan I would definitely take the long-term approach (even though it seems like that has ALWAYS been the case). This team has potential and for the first time in a really long time looks like they can really do something with this team but there are still missing pieces to be mended. Long-term... maybe 2-3 years? Maybe less.  :D

1409640[/snapback]

I predict Marinelli and Millen are gone before Super Bowl XLI.

I predict Marinelli and Millen are gone before Super Bowl XLI.

1413938[/snapback]

On what basis? :D

It's too early to even think about that one, and if you are making a bold prediction such as that you are pretty much implying the Lions will not improve in the least bit; which is possible :D:D :doah:

On what basis?  :D

It's too early to even think about that one, and if you are making a bold prediction such as that you are pretty much implying the Lions will not improve in the least bit; which is possible  :D  :D    :doah: 

1414022[/snapback]

Listen to what Marinelli/Millen are trying to get across in the press: It's the players fault. They're soft. They aren't tough enough. That's a dumb way to go about things when the QB battle is between Jon Kitna and Josh McNown.

3-13 in 2006.

Listen to what Marinelli/Millen are trying to get across in the press: It's the players fault. They're soft. They aren't tough enough. That's a dumb way to go about things when the QB battle is between Jon Kitna and Josh McNown.

3-13 in 2006.

1415168[/snapback]

Yes. But they will be a disciplined 3-13.

3-13 in 2006.

1415168[/snapback]

You have a good point about that one. This could end up backfireing in Marinelli's face if he doesn't start providing some support for the hard work the Lions are probably putting in for him. But then again we don't really know for sure how much of a group of fu@# ups these Lions players really are. :D To be honest, with the talant they have and how much they have sucked during games, these guys don't have much room to start crying about a tough coach.

So I think Marinelli is probably coaching correctly, but shouldn't be going to the press like that. If I were him, I would be going about disciplining the players the same way but leave it on the field where it belongs.

Yes.  But they will be a disciplined 3-13.

1415173[/snapback]

Not if Martz has anything to say about it. :D With Martz they could be 4-12; maybe even 5-11. :D

EDIT: :D ...a disciplined group they will be.

Edited by TheGrunt

But then again we don't really know for sure how much of a group of fu@# ups these Lions players really are.

1415188[/snapback]

We know who brought them in, drafted them, and signed them to contracts. incidently, it's the same guy who hired the coach, who was also the guy who hired the last coach, and drafted the previous QB.

We know who brought them in, drafted them, and signed them to contracts. incidently, it's the same guy who hired the coach, who was also the guy who hired the last coach, and drafted the previous QB....

1415387[/snapback]

...and completely forgot to draft or find an offensive line. :doah:

Edited by TheGrunt

• 2 years later...