[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC East

cliaz

You guys are not paying attention to history and are not analyzing the offseason moves properly.

Most important: Gibbs and Gregg Williams are system guys with the flexibility to modify to take advantage of personnel and matchups. For example, Gibbs wants to open up the offense and went and got Saunders from KC, about the most highly regarded OC out there. And the one thing killing the redskins over the past decade has been coaching inconsistency and that is not a problem this year. The system Saunders ran was a modified more wide open version of the Coryell system Gibbs first modified and ran in the 80's (which is the one Vermeil and Martz modified in St Louis).

Additional points:

Brunell had his best season as a pro QB last year because pass protection got a lot better, the ground game improved, Cooley developed and Moss broke out.

Randle El and Brandon Lloyd will only open up the offense more. Neither has to do any more than they have in the past and this offense is on another level entirely.

Portis had 1500 yards on the ground and double digit TD's. He will easily duplicate that because the O line is good, healthy and back.

Cooley had a great year and will only get better and Fauria was only brought in to block. Sellers, the killer, who had 6 or 8 TD's is also back.

The defense is largely intact and only improved. The question mark is whether Taylor comes back and it looks like that will be resolved soon in his favor with a plea deal (the trial was supposed to start Monday and the prosecutors moved it back a month when Taylor turned down a no time in jail felony deal--he wants a no time in jail, no felony deal and I predict he gets it). Carlos Rogers has a year under his belt, we have a good nickel back, Archuletta still has a lot of game in him and combined with Taylor will be blowing people up, the LB's are strong even with the loss of Arrington (who didnt start more than half the season), and we added a stud DE and brought back our whole defensive line from last year.

Remember, the team that made the second round and fought toe to toe with the eventual NFC Super Bowl team is back almost entirely intact. The Redskins had 98% attendance at their offseason workouts to date--the players have bought into the system wholeheartedly (as evidenced by their constant restructuring of their contracts to help the team). They are ready to run.

This same team without the additions was 5-1 in the NFC East and had the best NFC record, I think, of any NFC team or second best. They could easily go 5-1 in the East again. And they will kill St Louis and Minnesota and should beat New Orleans, Atlanta, and Tampa handily. The Carolina game should be a slug fest.

And remember one more thing: Gibbs. He averaged a Super Bowl appearance in every third season. And this is his third since he came back. He is a master at putting the pieces together and getting the most from his players and team. Watch out. The Redskins went 5-11, 10-6, and now have a better roster and a fire in their belly.

I am a homer, but I am not blind. They easily take the NFC East and then we'll see.

1409983[/snapback]

Excellent analysis skins. :D

You guys are not paying attention to history and are not analyzing the offseason moves properly.

Most important: Gibbs and Gregg Williams are system guys with the flexibility to modify to take advantage of personnel and matchups. For example, Gibbs wants to open up the offense and went and got Saunders from KC, about the most highly regarded OC out there. And the one thing killing the redskins over the past decade has been coaching inconsistency and that is not a problem this year. The system Saunders ran was a modified more wide open version of the Coryell system Gibbs first modified and ran in the 80's (which is the one Vermeil and Martz modified in St Louis).

Additional points:

Brunell had his best season as a pro QB last year because pass protection got a lot better, the ground game improved, Cooley developed and Moss broke out.

Randle El and Brandon Lloyd will only open up the offense more. Neither has to do any more than they have in the past and this offense is on another level entirely.

Portis had 1500 yards on the ground and double digit TD's. He will easily duplicate that because the O line is good, healthy and back.

Cooley had a great year and will only get better and Fauria was only brought in to block. Sellers, the killer, who had 6 or 8 TD's is also back.

The defense is largely intact and only improved. The question mark is whether Taylor comes back and it looks like that will be resolved soon in his favor with a plea deal (the trial was supposed to start Monday and the prosecutors moved it back a month when Taylor turned down a no time in jail felony deal--he wants a no time in jail, no felony deal and I predict he gets it). Carlos Rogers has a year under his belt, we have a good nickel back, Archuletta still has a lot of game in him and combined with Taylor will be blowing people up, the LB's are strong even with the loss of Arrington (who didnt start more than half the season), and we added a stud DE and brought back our whole defensive line from last year.

Remember, the team that made the second round and fought toe to toe with the eventual NFC Super Bowl team is back almost entirely intact. The Redskins had 98% attendance at their offseason workouts to date--the players have bought into the system wholeheartedly (as evidenced by their constant restructuring of their contracts to help the team). They are ready to run.

This same team without the additions was 5-1 in the NFC East and had the best NFC record, I think, of any NFC team or second best. They could easily go 5-1 in the East again. And they will kill St Louis and Minnesota and should beat New Orleans, Atlanta, and Tampa handily. The Carolina game should be a slug fest.

And remember one more thing: Gibbs. He averaged a Super Bowl appearance in every third season. And this is his third since he came back. He is a master at putting the pieces together and getting the most from his players and team. Watch out. The Redskins went 5-11, 10-6, and now have a better roster and a fire in their belly.

I am a homer, but I am not blind. They easily take the NFC East and then we'll see.

1409983[/snapback]

Pretty thorough analysis, but I have to disagree with your emphasis on how easy it will be for them to win the division. This is going to be a highly competitive division and not a cake walk for either team.

Yes they went toe-to-toe with the 'Hawks, but as I recall they were one errant pass (Chris Simms overthrow in the end zone) from being eliminated by the Bucs. I look forward to seeing the Cowboys get back on track and begin another win streak against the Skins.

Edited by TripleW64

Not gonna happen. But I think there is a good shot you and I are snuggling together under a burgundy and gold blankie late this fall.

1411177[/snapback]

Homos :D Blind Redskins Homers. You guys may need some 40's to keep you company crying the blues :D as you sorry ass's get swept by the best franchise in the history of professional sports. It is always good to have hope though, at least for the first 6 or 7 weeks anyway, before you realize it was all for naught.

Homos  :D Blind Redskins Homers. You guys may need some 40's to keep you company crying the blues  :D  as you sorry ass's get swept by the best franchise in the history of professional sports. It is always good to have hope though, at least for the first 6 or 7 weeks anyway, before you realize it was all for naught.

1412844[/snapback]

yea? Well....you're a girl

See why I always wear my Troy Aikman jersey to Fed Ex Field?  Even on days the Racists aren't playing, I'll just ride up there and wait for Skins to wander by on his lunch hour.

1413113[/snapback]

You gotta hit me up if you are heading up this way for a game, me and T_bone are going to try and get tickets for the Nov 5th Dallas/Skins game.

and what is this Racists thing you speak of, you are from the south, you are suppose to be racists by default.

Edited by cliaz