[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have any info on Walker?

thecerwin

I haven't heard anything about Walker. Does anyone else think the Packers are waiting for Brett to make a decision before they do anything with Javon?

Is it in the Packers best interest to deal him away or sit on him so he retires for a year? Since his injury was very early in the season last year he should be fairly healed by now and ready to play.

I'm sure they'll just let him sit out. TT isn't quick to make any deals.

1410314[/snapback]

Nothing any different than last year, when he said honor you contract. My feeling is they won't trade him for any 3rd round pick. I hope they stick by their guns even though I have him on a fantasy team.

The NFL should get agents to write better deals, incentive laden.

If he sits he gives up over a million dollars. I don't see it.

Edited by Randall

610WIP in Philly continues to report that the asking price is apparently a 3rd round pick this year, and between a 4th-6th next year. Apparently, they have drawn little interest because Walker has just 1 year remaining on his contract, and no team would be willing to give that much for a player that may be with them only one season.

The problem appears to be a control issue. The Packers have not granted Walker the right to seek his own suitors and agree to a contract (opposite of what the Bills allowed Moulds to do).

I think its PR bullshucks, to be honest. I beleive the Packers want to stick it to him, and their fallback position is that no one will agree to a 3rd round pick. Well of course no one will, not without a contract in place.

And until the Packers allow Walker to negotiate a deal with another team, the trade will never happen.