[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston Texans schedule

rhino

Wk 01 vs PHI

Wk 02 at IND

Wk 03 vs WAS

Wk 04 vs MIA

Wk 05 bye

Wk 06 at DAL

Wk 07 vs JAX

Wk 08 at TEN

Wk 09 at NYG

Wk 10 at JAX

Wk 11 vs BUF

Wk 12 at NYJ

Wk 13 at OAK

Wk 14 vs TEN

Wk 15 at NE

Wk 16 vs IND

Wk 17 vs CLE

Tough start. Then 5 out of 6 games on the road in the middle of the season. :D

Chopping this down into 4 game sections...

vs PHI, at IND, vs WAS, vs MIA -- lucky to get one W out of this, so I'm going with lucky -- W

at DAL, vs JAX, at TEN, at NYG -- WW

at JAX, vs BUF, at NYJ, at OAK -- Can maybe get 3 wins out of this lot, but let's stick with two -- WW

vs TEN, at NE, vs IND, vs CLE -- another 2, at best -- WW

That makes 7-9. Hmmm. I dunno, with a new coach, new staff, new schemes. I'm thinking 6-10 is more like it.

Oh, it's gonna' be a long year.

Put a paper bag on your head, that should work.

1410650[/snapback]

:D

I am hoping for at least an 8-8 record, but I think 6-10/7-9 is more realistic.

1410652[/snapback]

+1.

But looking at the schedule ...

8-8 = a bit optimistic.

7-9 = happy.

6-10 = satisfied.

5-11 = shouldn't have drafted Reggie Bush.

4-12 = Bye-bye Charlie Casserly.

4-12 = Bye-bye Charlie Casserly.

1410657[/snapback]

I have heard rumors that Casserly won't even make it to the season. His contract runs out in June I believe and he is supposedly taking a high ranking job with the NFL.

Ill try and see if I can find that link again..

1410652[/snapback]

You guys are insane if you think the Texans will be even close to .500. This a team with the worst record in the NFL last year. They havent done a whole heck of a lot to improve their roster. They have a horrible offensive line and a QB this is getting massacred. They have a new coaching staff in place and it will take at least 1/2 of the season for the Kubiak regime to get its system in. Plus, their schedule is brutal. I could see them starting the season 0-6 very easily. This will be a 5 win season for the Texans. Anything above that is a pipe dream.

I have heard rumors that Casserly won't even make it to the season.  His contract runs out in June I believe and he is supposedly taking a high ranking job with the NFL.

1410661[/snapback]

I heard that as well on NFL Radio. He is expected to be gone after the draft.

I have heard rumors that Casserly won't even make it to the season.  His contract runs out in June I believe and he is supposedly taking a high ranking job with the NFL.

1410661[/snapback]

I heard that as well on NFL Radio.  He is expected to be gone after the draft.

1410721[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't know that. Then, my question is, why keep him around during this time? If you're knowing that you're not with the team after the draft, then how can one trust your long-term decisions for the team? If he's not around, then who takes his place?

That is a brutal schedule.  :D

1411093[/snapback]

Agreed. That schedule is going to be a nightmare, especially the first 6 weeks when the new staff is just trying to get their systems installed and understood. Houston has a very real chance of getting the #1 pick again next year.

That is a brutal schedule.  :D

1411093[/snapback]

That's what I thought when I first looked at it, but I didn't know if it was because I'm used to getting beat down from last year.

If so, let's make sure Kris Brown is on the same page again.  :D

1411140[/snapback]

:D I am not a Texan hater at all. But they have argueably the toughest first 6 games of anyone in the league. That is just an awefully tough schedule, especially coming off a 2 win season and with a coaching change during the off season.

Houston has a very real chance of getting the #1 pick again next year.

1411103[/snapback]

That's okay, draft Bush this year and hope the O-line can be upgraded in the next couple of years. I'm not sure if I see great leaps this year.

I really hope Bush doesn't go to the NFL wastelands known as houston. If DD can't get it done, I dont think it's possible. They need to focus on their O-line. PLEASE TRADE REGGIE!

1411439[/snapback]

First off, I agree that they should be upgrading their OL over picking Reggie Bush. No argument there.

Second, I don't know if you can call Houston the NFL wastelands.

In 2003, DDavis had 1330+ yds, with 11 TDs, in 14 games. And Stacey Mack had another 4 TDs. Wasteland?

In 2004, DDavis had 1770+ yds, with 14 TDs, in 15 games. He was in the top 10 of fantasy RBs. Wasteland?

In 2005, due to injuries, the stats make it look like RBBC, but there were 13 TDs by RBs alone. Sure, the expectations were higher, but I wouldn't call this "wasteland".

Where you say "DDavis couldn't get it done", I have to disagree with you, especially with the fact that DDavis was usually picked in the first round last year. This is not an indication of "couldn't get it done".

:D  I am not a Texan hater at all.  But they have argueably the toughest first 6 games of anyone in the league.  That is just an awefully tough schedule, especially coming off a 2 win season and with a coaching change during the off season.

1411217[/snapback]

:D:D