[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver-GB trade?

Todd1

I'd do it! Grab a Jimmy Williams or Cromartie, then a Kiwanuka or Greenway with the 2nd pick. Lelie is no replacement for Javon Walker, but it's a step in the right direction. Then in the 2nd, if they didn't get Greenway, grab a DeMeco Ryans, D'qwell Jackson or Thomas Howard or an OG like Jean-Gilles or Lutui.

As reported on GBN. http://www.gbnreport.com/

Edited by Todd1

Not the worst proposal I've seen - helps with their WR depth and they can still pick up some quality defenders later (draft is considered deep at LB and DB, and looks like solid DL will fall into the late 1st-2nd round).

That's a lot for the #5 though - I'd assume that the 15 and 22 for the 5 are one deal and Lelie for what-have-you is another (Lelie for Walker?), though it might end up being a package-type deal.

EDIT: this is probably obviously coming from a Packer fan perspective.

Edited by Chavez

I seriously doubt Denver would make that deal unless they got Walker in return. From everything I've read, the Broncos aren't as down on Lelie as most people think.

I did read on Friday that the Eagles are interested in Walker, however -- they just don't think they'd be able to match Green Bay's price, since he's coming off an injury.

Accpording to the Pick Value Chart, the 22nd & 15th for the 5th is just about right. It's only 130 points off.

Round 1    1  3,000  2  2,600    3  2,200    4  1,800  5  1,700    6  1,600   7  1,500   8  1,400    9  1,350  10  1,300    11  1,250    12  1,200  13  1,150    14  1,100   15  1,050   16  1,000    17  950   18  900   19  875   20  850    21  800    22  780    23  760    24  740   25  720   26  700   27  680    28  660   29  640  30  620    31  600   32  590  

You figure Lelie being added, the deal probably includes Walker?

If not, the Donkeys shouldn't do it. Too much.

Edited by Big Score 1

:D

But who do the Broncos want so bad at number 5?

Is it Vernon Davis? Shanny looking for his Sharpe replacement finally??

Peronsally, If I were the Broncos, I'd rather have two first round picks, and keep my numer 2 reciever.

Lellie is not amazing, but with out him defenses can focus almost everything on Smith,

Peronsally, If I were the Broncos, I'd rather have two first round picks, and keep my numer 2 reciever.

Lellie is not amazing, but with out him defenses can focus almost everything on Smith,

1413106[/snapback]

The thing with Lelie is EVERY YEAR we hear how Darius Watts or whomever is thisclose to sending him to the bench. Why not get some value for him?

Really, I think #5/Walker for #15/21/Lelie makes sense for both teams - Den only needs to fill a hole here and there, GB needs much more talent, Walker isn't happy with GB and Den seems perpetually unhappy with Lelie.....

Again, you can quibble about whether or not you'd prefer Den/GB to do it, but it looks fair and solves a few problems.

:D

But who do the Broncos want so bad at number 5?

Is it Vernon Davis? Shanny looking for his Sharpe replacement finally??

1413106[/snapback]

Speculation was the Donkeys wanted a QB @ #15. If they get GB's 5th, they'd definitely be sitting pretty for one of the big 3 QB's.

Broncos | Targeting QB with No. 15 overall pick

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:35:07 -0800

ESPNews reports the Denver Broncos are expected to target a quarterback after acquiring the No. 15 overall pick from the Atlanta Falcons in a three-team deal.

...besides, with Walker still coming back, if they used the #5 on Davis, then they'd have Rod Smith in his last (or next to last) productive season, while Davis distracts defenders while Walker gets healthy...

...then in a year or two JW takes over at #1 WR and Smith retires..

PS -- IIRC, Darius Watts was WAY down the depth chart last year, despite a good looking spring/summer a couple of years ago.

Hey, Big Score -- I read that "ESPNews report" right after the trade as well, but where the hell did it come from? I mean, the ESPNews anchors don't just report stories on their own.

It seems strange that it's the only mention of the QB speculation.

Do you know where it came from, by chance?

Lelie has not been the bust many people have made him out to be...

He will never catch enough balls to be a #1, but him and Plummer connect well downfield--- a great big play #2, sort of an Alvin Harper

1412632[/snapback]

:D Ashley Lelie BLOWS!!!

The story about a QB I believe was reported out of the paper. Per speculation at this point. I have heard rumblings about Den. being very interested in TE Davis if this trade goes through. I'd rather see them grab a DE and not mess with a QB at the #5 slot.

I have a feeling that this trade goes through but only on draft day, and only if the right player is still available at #5.

Accpording to the Pick Value Chart, the 22nd & 15th for the 5th is just about right. It's only 130 points off.

You figure Lelie being added, the deal probably includes Walker?

If not, the Donkeys shouldn't do it. Too much.

1412845[/snapback]

Lelie for Walker? No way. :D

Lelie for Walker? No way. :D

1413382[/snapback]

I'm thinking you're inferring that Walker is far more valuable then Lelie?

Keep in mind, it wouldn't just be Lelie for Walker.

It would be the 22 the 15 & Lelie, for the 5 & Walker.

Pack would be getting the better end in the picks department, according to the pick value chart & would be trading away WR coming off a season ending knee injury who has publicly stated he will never play for the Pack again, for a WR who has no injury questions and would be on the field right away.

Might be worth it for the Pack, even though I like Walker's talent far more than Lelie's.

I'm thinking you're inferring that Walker is far more valuable then Lelie?

Keep in mind, it wouldn't just be Lelie for Walker.

It would be the 22 the 15 & Lelie, for the 5 & Walker.

Pack would be getting the better end in the picks department, according to the pick value chart & would be trading away WR coming off a season ending knee injury who has publicly stated he will never play for the Pack again, for a WR who has no injury questions and would be on the field right away.

Might be worth it for the Pack, even though I like Walker's talent far more than Lelie's.

1413403[/snapback]

According to the chart the 15 and 22 aren't worth the #5 but are close.

So it would be Walker for Lelie.

2004 Walker 1382 and 12 TD's

2004 Lelie 1084 and 7

2005 770 and 1.

He needs to play some this year to show he is healed. I wouldn't trade him for Lelie.

FYI, GBN did NOT say that Walker was involved in the talks.  Sounded like #5 for #15, #22 and Lelie.

My statement that "Lelie is no replacement for Javon Walker" was an assumption that Walker sits out.

1413556[/snapback]

$1.15 million(what I heard it is this year) is a lot to give up. I hope he comes to his senses and plays. Or plays enough to show he is healthy.