[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver-GB trade?

Todd1

According to the chart the 15 and 22 aren't worth the #5 but are close.

1413459[/snapback]

:D

Might want to check your math there Randall. 15 & 22 are actually worth more than the 5 by the chart. But the pick value chart is not the be all to end all. The picks are worth whatever the trading partners deem them to be.

So it would be Walker for Lelie.

2004 Walker 1382 and 12 TD's

2004 Lelie 1084 and 7

2005        770 and 1.

He needs to play some this year to show he is healed.

1413459[/snapback]

I agree that Walker is head & shoulder above Lelie talent wise, but if that talent is going to retire this year & then only come back for the last 6 games before becoming a UFA next year, Lelie represents greater value to the Pack.

Sounded like #5 for #15, #22 and Lelie.

1413556[/snapback]

Doubt that trade happens. Skeletor & the Donkeys won't overpay for the 5 like that.

15 & 22 for the 5.

15, later round pick & Lelie for the 5.

22, a couple of later round picks & Lelie for the 5.

But not 22, 15 & Lelie. That's too much.

I'd do it!  Grab a Jimmy Williams or Cromartie, then a Kiwanuka or Greenway with the 2nd pick.  Lelie is no replacement for Javon Walker, but it's a step in the right direction.  Then in the 2nd, if they didn't get Greenway, grab a DeMeco Ryans,  D'qwell Jackson or Thomas Howard or an OG like Jean-Gilles or Lutui.

As reported on GBN.  http://www.gbnreport.com/

1412521[/snapback]

Why the hell would Denver trade a #15 and a #22 for a #5 :D .... plus Lelie. It will never, ever happen!

Doubt that trade happens. Skeletor & the Donkeys won't overpay for the 5 like that.

15 & 22 for the 5.

15, later round pick & Lelie for the 5.

22, a couple of later round picks & Lelie for the 5.

But not 22, 15 & Lelie. That's too much.

1413641[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shanny make the trade of both 1st rounds for the #5. Rumor has it that when McAllister (CB for Balt.) was drafted, Shanny was ready to pull a NO and give up all of their draft picks that year for him. If he likes a player enough he'll make the deal. (I keep hearing Davis, but would hope he's looking more at Mario)

I agree that Walker is head & shoulder above Lelie talent wise, but if that talent is going to retire this year & then only come back for the last 6 games before becoming a UFA next year, Lelie represents greater value to the Pack.

1413633[/snapback]

With the new CBA Walker can't do that anymore. He will give up more than $1 million and he has proven he won't do that.

I read somewhere last night -- can't remember where -- that the Broncos offered Lelie and a 4th-rounder for Walker, but didn't involve any first-round picks. Thompson declined, of course.

If the Broncos want to trade up, I do believe it will be with the Packers, with or without Walker/Lelie in the mix.

I read somewhere last night -- can't remember where -- that the Broncos offered Lelie and a 4th-rounder for Walker, but didn't involve any first-round picks. Thompson declined, of course.

1418127[/snapback]

chit, that's pretty good value, frankly. i doubt they'll get a better offer this year. which means walker is probably sitting on his ass this season...maybe to come in around week 6 or so and start dogging it for the rest of the season.

With the new CBA Walker can't do that anymore.

1418101[/snapback]

:D

What are you talking about Randall? I think you must have your wires crossed. After what happened with Ricky Williams, the new CBA discipline language was specifically worded to cover players retiring.

• Teams can't get back signing-bonus money if a player voluntarily retires; that has to be negotiated into a player's contract. In the past, teams could ask a player to pay back the proration of the remaining part of his contract if he retires in the early stages or in the middle of the contract .

• If a player retires and skips a good portion of the season against a team's wishes, the team must take him back under his existing contract and can't force him to give back any of the signing bonus. If the team wants to fight him for portions of the signing bonus, it has to release him and give him a chance to find another team.

New CBA Discipline Rules

He'd only lose 10 game checks...unless the Pack release him...which is what he wants anyway. Add in the fact Walker has already stated he'd pay back his prorated signing bonus to be released and this tells me Walker would welcome the Pack releasing him.

He will give up more than $1 million and he has proven he won't do that.

1418101[/snapback]

For 2006, Walker is set to earn $1,150,000 which if you minus the 10 games he sits out while retired, comes to only $718,750 that Walker would lose.

EDIT: For correct 2006 pay

Edited by Big Score 1