[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duce Staley

MrTed46

Did he? I do not remember him being a factor in the last 2 years.

Do you think he will be back at all?

1413348[/snapback]

Yeah he did. He'd get it to the 1 and Jerome would bus it in. For awhile Bettis's stats were like 6 yards and 4 touchdowns. :D

Then he got hurt and last year they used Jerome and Fast Willie.

This guys has been injured for a long time. I liked him in Philly and always blaimed the system why he wasnt getting Stud numbers. Then he goes to Pitt and does nothing.

Anyone have news on him or even old information. Will he ever play again?

1413326[/snapback]

2 Years ago, Duce was playing very well until he got injured.

Last year, he was actually healthy towards the end of the year, but, Bus was playing well, and Haynes had been the 3rd down back all year, so the Steelers asked Duce to take a back seat.

This year, Duce will move into what was Bettis' role last season. He could have some sleeper value, especially if Parker gets hurt. I still think there is talent there, however, he has yet to prove to me that he can string together several games without getting hurt.

I had him on my team the year the Eagles rolled into Dallas and he put up 200+ yards and a TD in Week 1.

He ended the year with 350 yards and 3 TD's or something like that. He basically fell off a cliff and never came back.

Actually - he had one more good year after that. 2002.

Edited by Pope Flick

+--------------------------+-------------------------+                |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 1997 phi |  16 |     7     29    4.1    0 |     2     22  11.0    0 || 1998 phi |  16 |   258   1065    4.1    5 |    57    432   7.6    1 || 1999 phi |  16 |   325   1273    3.9    4 |    41    294   7.2    2 || 2000 phi |   5 |    79    344    4.4    1 |    25    201   8.0    0 || 2001 phi |  13 |   166    604    3.6    2 |    63    626   9.9    2 || 2002 phi |  16 |   269   1029    3.8    5 |    51    541  10.6    3 || 2003 phi |  16 |    96    463    4.8    5 |    36    382  10.6    2 || 2004 pit |  10 |   192    830    4.3    1 |     6     55   9.2    0 || 2005 pit |   5 |    38    148    3.9    1 |     6     34   5.7    0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   | 113 |  1430   5785    4.0   24 |   287   2587   9.0   10 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

And here's the deal with Staley:

This year, Duce will move into what was Bettis' role last season.  He could have some sleeper value, especially if Parker gets hurt.  I still think there is talent there, however, he has yet to prove to me that he can string together several games without getting hurt.

1413375[/snapback]

He's pretty talented but you can't fill Bettis' role if you are brittle. Besides even with Bettis gone, it's kind of crowded back there.

Staley not only has not had a decent season in four years, he turned 31 back in February. Oh yeah, he'll be healthy this year. Figure the Steelers to draft a RB fairly early this year and mix him with Willie Parker. Staley has a shot at some playing time this year and more so if PIT does not draft an RB, but even then - He's not a player likely to be worth a fantasy starter in the best case.

Staley not only has not had a decent season in four years, he turned 31 back in February. Oh yeah, he'll be healthy this year. Figure the Steelers to draft a RB fairly early this year and mix him with Willie Parker. Staley has a shot at some playing time this year and more so if PIT does not draft an RB, but even then - He's not a player likely to be worth a fantasy starter in the best case.

1416150[/snapback]

I do think the Steelers will take a RB in the 1st 4 rounds. They have some extra picks this year. If Lendale White would happen to slip to #32 as Kiper predicted, then Staley's value will fall to zero, and he might not even make the team. White would be the PERFECT compliment to Parker, and the perfect style for the Steeler's offense. That all said, I still don't think White slips that far.