[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get your heads outta the stats

Ramhock

For what it's worth (and I know around here, that ain't much), been at this 23 years (and that don't mean $hit), but I watch the skill players, intently. If a player has talent, it is quite evident.

What I observe, is the largest factor when I rank & draft my teams. Stats & situations are other factors, but are just tools to validate what I am seeing.

Lendale White, for example. He looks good to me. I caught all of their nationally televised games. I was sold before he ran over a solid Longhorn D. If he gets on a running team, he's moving up my cheatsheet. If not, I will have him higher than most, anyway.

In your list of factors, where do you rank your eyes? :D

with regards to rooks everyone can have a bad day or a bad run...i think you have to look at the entire package

but also i think you need to trust what your EYES read from scouts since their EYES should be better at this then ours

Lendale White, for example.  He looks good to me.  If he gets on a running team, he's moving up my cheatsheet.

1417668[/snapback]

And this is why you'll always be welcome in FLS. :D

In your list of factors, where do you rank your eyes? :D

1417668[/snapback]

For better or worse, probably lower in my list than in yours. Don't much care for college football and don't always get to watch every NFL game each week, so no visual help there. Stats, however, are researchable, sortable, and provide measurable means by which to evaluate player performance for all games; even the ones I don't watch. Course, viewed in isolation, stats will likely disappoint those who think past performance is a guarantee of future results. But I've found that, during the year at least, interpreting stats is invaluable in forecasting surprisingly accurate trends. And doing stat analysis for the 5 most recent years available is a great way to spot long-term player trends before any fantasy draft.

Obvioulsy I'd like to pair numerical analysis with first hand observation. However, I has been my experience that my eyes lead me astray more frequently than my calculater. But that could easily because my eyes aren't as good as yours. Impossible to say, really.

Edited by yo mama