[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain Meets the Quarterbacks

spain

Tonight we had a "mandatory" meeting at the Hilton in downtown Nashville. My bosses boss was in town along with a bunch of big wigs that I dont give a tinkers dam about for a conference. Anyway, we are drinking beer at the bar downstairs that Eddie George is part owner of and is called "Eddies". After a couple hours we have a reception on the 2nd floor veranda which is outside over looking the GEC. After a few more beers I have to piss so I go back inside and down to Eddies where the pisser is. Guess who is sitting together at Eddies? Go ahead guess. Thats right! Steve McNair and Vince Friggin Young are sitting together drinking beers. Well, i have had about 8 beers by then so I walk right up and shake both of their hands! I told Vince that everybody in Nashville wants the Titans to draft him. Vince says, "Thanks". I go piss and that was it.

I love it when Spain drops knowledge.  That's insider info that you just can't get from an outsider!

1417783[/snapback]

word! Worth the price of admission at the Huddle! That is why DMD waives my annual Huddle fees... :D

Edited by spain

I told Vince that everybody in Nashville wants the Titans to draft him.  Vince says, "Thanks".  I go piss and that was it.

1417781[/snapback]

Is it possible you were too tipsy to notice Vince actually say,

Thanks. T-H-A-N-K-S. Thanks.

At this point Spain goes off to take his piss and Vince whispers to McNair,

See, I told you I can spell it. How many times do I have to thank you for buying me beer anyway?

Tonight we had a "mandatory" meeting at the Hilton in downtown Nashville.  My bosses boss was in town along with a bunch of big wigs that I dont give a tinkers dam about for a conference.  Anyway, we are drinking beer at the bar downstairs that Eddie George is part owner of and is called "Eddies".  After a couple hours we have a reception on the 2nd floor veranda which is outside over looking the GEC.  After a few more beers I have to piss so I go back inside and down to Eddies where the pisser is.  Guess who is sitting together at Eddies?  Go ahead guess.  Thats right!  Steve McNair and Vince Friggin Young are sitting together drinking beers.  Well, i have had about 8 beers by then so I walk right up and shake both of their hands!  I told Vince that everybody in Nashville wants the Titans to draft him.  Vince says, "Thanks".  I go piss and that was it.

1417781[/snapback]

You should have asked McNair if he needed a ride home...he has a bad habit of taking the wheel after a few drinks.

You should have pissed THEn shook his hands, just for laughs.

1417837[/snapback]

Well, I shook their hands after I had just washed up and told them that I just found a quarter in the urinal... :D

That's it then Titans take Vince Young. Done deal.

The Oilers don't exactly respect McNair or his opinions.  The fact that he was with Young is almost more a sign that they are going to go elsewhere in the draft than it is a sign they will take the Wonderlicker.

1417915[/snapback]

I was actually kidding. I've heard people on sports shows say that they feel vince isn't even a first rounder and that leinart isn't Top 10. Personally, I don't know as I'm not a scout but i honestly don't think I'd take young over leinart.

You shoulda asked Vince Young:

If I bought a six pack, Steve bought a 12 pack, and you bought a case, and we agree to split the beers evenly, how many do we each get to drink?

1417854[/snapback]

10 each + 1 shot of jager for every time someone said to Vince: "Isn't it brootiful? And its goin home to Owsitn Texas Baaaabeh!"

Best quote of the year.

The Oilers don't exactly respect McNair or his opinions.  The fact that he was with Young is almost more a sign that they are going to go elsewhere in the draft than it is a sign they will take the Wonderlicker.

1417915[/snapback]

Who was the Houston Oilers first round draft pick in 1971? Come on I know you all know the answer to this one. This guy went to a Div II school and had a 15-13-1 record. He was a very high first round pick

Edited by T_bone65

That's it then Titans take Vince Young.  Done deal.

1417825[/snapback]

Vince Young was quoted today saying, "I ain't playing in no town where Mexicans wearing pink shirts smelling of sheep touch you."

Vince Young was quoted today saying, "I ain't playing in no town where Mexicans wearing pink shirts smelling of sheep touch you."

1418071[/snapback]

Timc, I know you know the answer to my question here.

Who was the Houston Oilers first round draft pick in 1971? Come on I know you all know the answer to this one. This guy went to a Div II school and had a 15-13-1 record. He was a very high first round pick

1418065[/snapback]

Dan Pastorini? :D