[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I finally get it....

Goopster24

Take away Bush, White and Dwayne Jarrett, and Leinart doesnt win 6 games that yr.  Leinart is a product of the system, and will be lucky to have Chad Pennington success in the NFL.  Lets just say I see him as a major bust, and better make his money in endorsements early like Lenoard Davis, because once he hits the field his endorsements are going to dwindle away.

1422594[/snapback]

Wrong ...... :D again!

Why am I a d*ouche, because I disagree with you? Sarge man, you need to chillax.

As for that analogy, it's a good one, I applaud you for thinking of that  :D. That said though, Texas designed their offense around Vince Young; USC didn't do that with Leinart (and obviously they didn't need to). I don't think Leinart is a "franchise" quarterback, but he will help a team more than Vince Young.  Vince Young was a man among boys; it won't be like that in the NFL.

Besides, Leinart is a heck of a lot smarter than Young; betcha you didn't figure that one out did you Sarge  :D?

1424426[/snapback]

Leinart is smarter than Favre, Bradshaw and Montana. What difference does that make. And if you design your whole offense around one player, and he still rings up 476 yards on you, what does that say about you. So if College success cant materialize in the NFL, are you saying Bush will be a bust too. Why wont it be the same in the NFL. How does any player succeed at the next level, if it wont be the same in the NFL. Vince has a cannon, few even know about. Dude throws the 20 yard out like we throw darts, and when he wants to chunk it 50 yards, he does so effortlessly. Vince is more durable than Vick, and how many Dbs do you think will be able to bring him down by themselves in the open field. There are LBs in college that Vince ran over, that may changein the NFL, but Vince can beat any LB to the corner, and then its the same as college, him vs a DB, and that is a mismatch. At least make a legit arguement, whats why you are a d*ouche.

Sarge man, you got issues. Do you like starting a fight with everyone? We are just having a fun argument and you need to start calling people names. Once again, CHILLAX!

And if you design your whole offense around one player, and he still rings up 476 yards on you, what does that say about you. 

1424861[/snapback]

What the heck are you talking about :D?

So if College success cant materialize in the NFL, are you saying Bush will be a bust too. 

1424861[/snapback]

You obviously are't any smarter than Young; did I say this? You need to read better. I'm saying the NFL game is miles and miles away different compared to the college game. You're saying Young can beat the linebackers to the corner; how is that working out for Vick? Don't give me the crap that Young is bigger; IT DOESN'T MATTER. That kind of game won't win you a championship and it certainily won't revolutionize the game; that's what they said about Vick.

Vince has a cannon, few even know about.  Dude throws the 20 yard out like we throw darts, and when he wants to chunk it 50 yards, he does so effortlessly. 

1424861[/snapback]

Michael Vick anyone?

Vince is more durable than Vick, and how many Dbs do you think will be able to bring him down by themselves in the open field. There are LBs in college that Vince ran over, that may changein the NFL, but Vince can beat any LB to the corner, and then its the same as college, him vs a DB, and that is a mismatch.

1424861[/snapback]

Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper? Hardly "revolutionizing" the position. Give me a break.

Sarge man, you got issues. Do you like starting a fight with everyone? We are just having a fun argument and you need to start calling people names. Once again, CHILLAX!

What the heck are you talking about :D?

You obviously are't any smarter than Young; did I say this? You need to read better. I'm saying the NFL game is miles and miles away different compared to the college game. You're saying Young can beat the linebackers to the corner; how is that working out for Vick? Don't give me the crap that Young is bigger; IT DOESN'T MATTER. That kind of game won't win you a championship and it certainily won't revolutionize the game; that's what they said about Vick.

Michael Vick anyone?

Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper? Hardly "revolutionizing" the position. Give me a break.

1425283[/snapback]

Dude this isnt about picking a fight with you, you are running your pie hole and getting exposed at every turn. Its not about me, you keep running your mouth, and I keep proving what an idiot you are. You bring up Jason White, and he is not in the NFL, so that analogy proves my point, Leinart is probably no better than White, but Leinart will get picked in the top 5 for sure, while White was undrafted. Great analogy einstein, you proved my point.

Then You said,

As for that analogy, it's a good one, I applaud you for thinking of that  :D. That said though, Texas designed their offense around Vince Young; USC didn't do that with Leinart (and obviously they didn't need to). I don't think Leinart is a "franchise" quarterback, but he will help a team more than Vince Young.  Vince Young was a man among boys; it won't be like that in the NFL.

1424426[/snapback]

And I came back with,

And if you design your whole offense around one player, and he still rings up 476 yards on you, what does that say about you, as in the defense that cant stop one player.

Then you are confused by what I said, as this would indicate.

What the heck are you talking about ?  :D   

So I clarify for the mentally challenged.

If you are knocking Young because they designed their whole offense around him, wouldnt it be easier to stop that offense if everyone knew it was designed around him and knew what was coming. Its like you know what we are going to do, and you still cant stop us. This is like the White argument, you bring it up, then look like an idiot when someone responds to your so called wisdom.

Then you say this

Vince Young was a man among boys; it won't be like that in the NFL.

And I respond with

So if College success cant materialize in the NFL, are you saying Bush will be a bust too. Why wont it be the same in the NFL. How does any player succeed at the next level, if it wont be the same in the NFL. Vince has a cannon, few even know about. Dude throws the 20 yard out like we throw darts, and when he wants to chunk it 50 yards, he does so effortlessly. Vince is more durable than Vick, and how many Dbs do you think will be able to bring him down by themselves in the open field. There are LBs in college that Vince ran over, that may changein the NFL, but Vince can beat any LB to the corner, and then its the same as college, him vs a DB, and that is a mismatch.

so you chime in with

Michael Vick anyone?

Michael Vick couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with his short or deep passes. Vince is superior to Vick in every aspect of the game. Vince is accurate, has better arm strong, is much stronger to break tackles, bigger to take more punishment, and reads defenses better.

Then to my argument Vince Young will revolutionize the position, you chime in with

McNair cant run like Vince, and Vince is just as accurate with a stronger arm. the only thing Culpepper and Vince have in common is they are both hard to bring down, that is where that analogy ends, and McNabb is probably the closest thing to Vince when he entered the NLF, but Vince is more accurate, and more elusive.

Just because you listed 3 other black Qbs, doesnt mean they are like Vince. The closest QB Id compare Vince Young to is Steve Young. Both are accurate, make good decisions and have good feet, but Vince is more elusive and harder to bring down than Steve. But both have a desire to be the best, and seem unflappable in big moments, where McNabb has choked on repeated occasion, and Culpepper has never got his team to that moment.

What Vince showed in the national Championship game, is he can literally put a team on his back and win the biggest game of the season. He was unstoppable, even though the other teams knew what was coming, and when Texas was down by 12 with 4 minutes left, Vince was as calm as before the game started, he knew he was bringing Texas back to win that game, and he did it. His will to win is what seperates him from most Qbs, but he also has superior talent than any QB that has ever played the position, add that combo together and Vince will revolutionize the position. Comparing Vick to Young is like comparing Kijana Carter to Reggie Bush. The comparison ends with they both play the same position.

Sorry pal, but if you want to slam the OU defense, when the OU offense gift wrapped this game turning the ball over what 5 times, 4 inside their territory, and late in the game when the game is clearly over, Leinart is still throwing bobms, when the OU defense is defeated and expecting the run down by 25+, that isnt exactly a accurate reflection of the defense. Sure Leinart had a great game, but take away the turnovers, and its still my opinion the best team lost, but that isnt the argument here, and the turnovers happened, so its really a moot point.

Leinart hasnt faced a NFL calibur defense either, and when he does those weak passes will be picked. And the players he has to throw the ball too, wont be wide open like they were in college. Leinart had more weapons around him clearly, and if you put Matt on texas, they are lucky to win 6 or 7 games. Swap Vince with USC and they probably win 3 undisputed NC in a row. Leinart has peaked, as far as talent goes, and his upside is what it is now. He is no Young in any aspect and Young will be a superior player. This is literally like Manning and Leaf years ago. Whoever takes Leinart 5 yrs from now will wish they had Young if Young does indeed fall past Matt.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I love this; Sarge you are too funny. Comparing Vince Young to Steve Young? I'll stop there because there is no point arguing with you. You win :D. And I still don't get why a OU fan is so in love with Vince Young, the former QB of your rival. Please elaborate?

I'm sorry, I have to ask....

Leinart hasnt faced a NFL calibur defense either, and when he does those weak passes will be picked.

1425413[/snapback]

What was your so hailed OU defense then? Before that game, many people had them as the greatest defense ever possibly. I never was slamming them; I even in fact loved watching them. That said though, Leinart tore them apart. Just because a team forces a turnover doesn't mean when they go on offense that it is a given they will score. Leinart picked them apart. Your secondary couldn't do shiat. Again, give me a break.

Edited by Goopster24

Leinart hasnt faced a NFL calibur defense

1425413[/snapback]

And neither has Vince Young, so I find the arguments about who is going to be more accurate in the NFL laughable.

And neither has Vince Young, so I find the arguments about who is going to be more accurate in the NFL laughable.

1425978[/snapback]

im not a big leinart fan, but i cant figure out if its because im a notre dame fan, or cause i just dont think hes going to be a star in the nfl....i know alot of people hate on him because he is sort of the ncaa version of tom brady

i was having an argument about leinart friday night at a bar outside of fenway, with a friend, before we went in

i tend to agree that he was surrounded with superior athletes...we talked about the 4th down play in south bend, and while my friend thought it was a telling sign, i basically feel that if leinart couldnt have recognized one on one coverage on that play hed have no biz in any league...and jarrett is just such a superior athlete compared to anybody nd has in the secondary

i realize he doesnt have ideal arm strength...but things like that can be compensated before by releasing the ball earlier....i just dont see the kid being able to hold up under a good pass rush, when the playing field is even

I'm sorry, I have to ask....

What was your so hailed OU defense then? Before that game, many people had them as the greatest defense ever possibly. I never was slamming them; I even in fact loved watching them. That said though, Leinart tore them apart. Just because a team forces a turnover doesn't mean when they go on offense that it is a given they will score. Leinart picked them apart. Your secondary couldn't do shiat. Again, give me a break.

1425934[/snapback]

The defense the yr before was superior and the defense analysts were saying could be the best ever. . But I suppose you meant that.

I love this; Sarge you are too funny. Comparing Vince Young to Steve Young? I'll stop there because there is no point arguing with you. You win :D. And I still don't get why a OU fan is so in love with Vince Young, the former QB of your rival. Please elaborate?

1425926[/snapback]

I accept your forfeit. :D

If there was a player I was going to compare Vince to it would be Steve, certainly not Michael Vick or any of the Qbs you mentioned. At this point there is no comparison, but its my opinion 10 yrs from now I think Vince will be viewed as better than Steve.

LMAO, I cant like a player who no longer plays for my teams rival. Im glad he went pro for that very reason. I suppose Texas fans should all hate safety and former OU player, Roy Williams as well. He only has the most popular NFL jersey in the state of Texas. You continue to amaze me with your stupidity.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I accept your forfeit.  :D

If there was a player I was going to compare Vince to it would be Steve, certainly not Michael Vick or any of the Qbs you mentioned. At this point there is no comparison, but its my opinion 10 yrs from now I think Vince will be viewed as better than Steve.

LMAO, I cant like a player who no longer plays for my teams rival. Im glad he went pro for that very reason.  I suppose Texas fans should all hate safety and former OU player, Roy Williams as well.  He only has the most popular NFL jersey in the state of Texas.  You continue to amaze me with your stupidity.

1426184[/snapback]

I'll stop with the argument but if your objective was to bring me down emotionally by calling me a d*ouchebag or saying I'm stupid, than you miserably failed, sorry man. And you weren't too good at it might I add.

We'll just agree to disagree I guess....

I'll stop with the argument but if your objective was to bring me down emotionally by calling me a d*ouchebag or saying I'm stupid, than you miserably failed, sorry man. And you weren't too good at it might I add.

We'll just agree to disagree I guess....

1426354[/snapback]

My objective wasnt to bring you down at all, you did that all by yourself. Sometimes its better to stay silent and have others think you are an idiot, than to speak and leave no doubt. You son, left no doubt.

I sure am glad you agreed to disagree, I was starting to think I might have caused you emotional distress, in which you might start calling me Daddy or something. Glad to know that wont be the case.

The point is Leinart was a product of the system and had superior talent around him, making him look more impressive than he is. Young was the system, and was the talent of the Texas offense, and everyone knew it, but no one could do anything about it. That along with the will to succeed, unflappable demeanor, and more talent than any college QB to ever lace them up, leads me to believe he will be a better Pro as well.

My objective wasnt to bring you down at all, you did that all by yourself.  Sometimes its better to stay silent and have others think you are an idiot, than to speak and leave no doubt.  You son, left no doubt. 

I sure am glad you agreed to disagree, I was starting to think I might have caused you emotional distress, in which you might start calling me Daddy or something.  Glad to know that wont be the case.

The point is Leinart was a product of the system and had superior talent around him, making him look more impressive than he is.  Young was the system, and was the talent of the Texas offense, and everyone knew it, but no one could do anything about it.  That along with the will to succeed, unflappable demeanor, and more talent than any college QB to ever lace them up, leads me to believe he will be a better Pro as well.

1426367[/snapback]

Haha, I love this, thanks for the laughs Sarge. Hope you sleep well at night.