[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BBQ Contest today

Chief Dick

Getting ready to head out this morning to a BBQ contest. A friend of mine competes in these things and this is his first event of the year. He usually enters all of the categories, but ribs are his best entry. This guy can flat out cook, and a lot of the tips I get come from him.

Supposed to be 88 degrees and sunny here today, so my day will be spent smoking meat, drinking cold beer, playing washers, and watching all the small town skanks walking by during the day/night.

On top of that, there is a Rick Springfield concert attached to this thing, so this evening there will be a bevy of MILF's running around scantily dressed.

Web site for contest

Have a good day all. :D

Getting ready to head out this morning to a BBQ contest. A friend of mine competes in these things and this is his first event of the year. He usually enters all of the categories, but ribs are his best entry. This guy can flat out cook, and a lot of the tips I get come from him.

Supposed to be 88 degrees and sunny here today, so my day will be spent smoking meat, drinking cold beer, playing washers, and watching all the small town skanks walking by during the day/night.

On top of that, there is a Rick Springfield concert attached to this thing, so this evening there will be a bevy of MILF's running around scantily dressed.

Web site for contest

Have a good day all.  :D

1419967[/snapback]

I'll let that go :D

Web site for contest

Have a good day all.  :D

1419967[/snapback]

Let us know what you smoked... Do you do a pork shoulder over night?? It's always fun to drink beer all night while "checking the progress" of what you are smokin'!

Hope you had fun!

see these Bar-b-q contests on the food channel and can't stop drooling :D the whole family loves ribs, pulled, brisket, do they have these alot in K.C. cause we could roadtrip that plus the girls shop and guys do the Royals :D

I guess i also saw the show about all the Bar-B-Q joints in K.C....maybe worlds of fun and one of those or 3 :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Let us know what you smoked... Do you do a pork shoulder over night?? It's always fun to drink beer all night while "checking the progress" of what you are smokin'!

Hope you had fun!

1420204[/snapback]

I came home late last night, so I wasn't part of the overnight crew. I was there early for setting up and mass drinking.

But yeah, the pork shoulder and brisket are basically all night affairs. Judging started at I think 10:00 this morning, so they probably got started around midnight or so.

The ribs are only about a 5 hour smoke, so they went on probably at 4-5 AM. We smoked some buffalo wings, some ribs, and pork tenderloin all day yesterday just to have something to snack on, and it was great.

see these Bar-b-q contests on the food channel and can't stop drooling  :D  the whole family loves ribs, pulled, brisket, do they have these alot in K.C. cause we could roadtrip that  plus the girls shop and guys do the Royals  :D

I guess i also saw the show about all the Bar-B-Q joints in K.C....maybe worlds of fun and one of those or 3  :D

1420800[/snapback]

What part of the country are you in?

My friend does one June 23rd and 24th called the Great Lenexa BBQ. It's a pretty big event here in KC and a ton of fun. The Royals are actually home that weekend against the Brewers.

The night to go to the contest is Friday night, since that is when the parties and cooking starts.

What part of the country are you in?

My friend does one June 23rd and 24th called the Great Lenexa BBQ. It's a pretty big event here in KC and a ton of fun. The Royals are actually home that weekend against the Brewers.

The night to go to the contest is Friday night, since that is when the parties and cooking starts.

1421581[/snapback]

i'm 5 hrs out , sounds like a great weekend trip, thanks for the info Chief :D

i like to have my meat smoked by a hot, hot flame.

1429003[/snapback]

Well, as long as it's not by a hot, hot flam(er).

Oh yeah, "What do you call a bouncer at a gay bar...........a Flame Thrower" :D

Edited by PantherDave

We saw Rick Springfield last year and plan to see him again this year. The SO was a hugh soap opera fan back in the day. :D

No ribs or BBQ here though, but lots of smoking hot MILFs. Yours sounds better. :D