[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CB Woodson turns down the Pack

Big Score 1

Packers | Team offers contract to Woodson; he says no

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:43:47 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have reportedly offered a contract to free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders). The contract did not satisfy his financial demands.

Pack probably don't have enough cap room. :D

you know Zoot, you gotta play the game, even if you're the only one playing.

I heard the real reason...they don't have enough ice in the training room for him.

At this point of his career given his injury history...I'm sure insuring his contract for injury is quite a big deal and a high premium.

He is the king of Worker's comp...Charles Woodson.

:D

I thought TB backed off because of how much $ he wanted?

he is a good fit there

1421548[/snapback]

Allen and Gruden don't leak much information so who knows if they have offered him a contract or not. He would have to play Safety in TB but atlease he would not be stuck on the Packers. I think its only a matter of time before he signs with us.

Actually Tampa has been very active in winning & dinning Woodson.

My bet is he signs with them.

1421544[/snapback]

Don't you mean whining and dining?

Or is it wining and dining? :D

He has a little left but probably wants too much money, like Law. I'd rather see them sign young sleepers than big name has beens or never was's. I thought Manael and Taylor were good signings.

Edited by Randall

Don't you mean whining and dining?

Or is it wining and dining? :D

He has a little left but probably wants too much money, like Law. I'd rather see them sign young sleepers than big name has beens or never was's. I thought Manael and Taylor were good signings.

1421656[/snapback]

Agreed, for the most part. If they sign him, I'm sure it will be at a fair price; Thompson won't overpay. That said, I think Woodson would be a good fit in the Packers' system. :D

Agreed, for the most part. If they sign him, I'm sure it will be at a fair price; Thompson won't overpay. That said, I think Woodson would be a good fit in the Packers' system. :D

1421669[/snapback]

It's fashionable to slam Thompson in most parts, but Swiss and I tend to agree on his philosophy - why would you hate your GM for NOT overpaying an aging CB with a worrisome injury history?

Does anyone actually know the $$$ Woodsons' asking for?

1421757[/snapback]

Last season on the Raiders, it was a little over $10 Mill a year, and he wanted it long term.

His general mindset was "The highest paid corner in the NFL," so basically he wanted to be paid better than division rival Champ Baily, who in all honesty owns Woodson.

Bad.

Last season on the Raiders, it was a little over $10 Mill a year, and he wanted it long term.

His general mindset was "The highest paid corner in the NFL," so basically he wanted to be paid better than division rival Champ Baily, who in all honesty owns Woodson.

Bad.

1421771[/snapback]

The Raiders Franchised him last season. They had no option but to pay him that.

Again, does anyone actually know the $$$ he's asking for?

The Raiders Franchised him last season. They had no option but to pay him that.

Again, does anyone actually know the $$$ he's asking for?

1421776[/snapback]

No. There has never been any contract demands from Woodson or his agent, just people assuming that since he got 10 mil last year he wants the same this year... :D

Just people assuming that since he got 10 mil last year he wants the same this year... :D

1421872[/snapback]

I don't know of you've paid much attention to Woodson's contract negotiations in years past, but I'm assuming not. Because thats the attitude he has every year.

Obveously yes, I could be wrong, he could be asking for much less.

But after the Raider Nation has sat and watched him demand more and more money every year, because he claims "He's worth it" And then him not show a darn thing... Thats what I'd bet hes doing now,

Well Packer fans...

Now you know what its like trying to work with Woodson.

Don't worry though, he has never played up to what he has been paid.

Ever.

1421604[/snapback]

Not to mention he has yet to play a full 16 week season for the last four years. This guy is overrated, in my opinion. But that is not to say he isn't a good player though, just not worth what he is asking for.

I don't know of you've paid much attention to Woodson's contract negotiations in years past, but I'm assuming not. Because thats the attitude he has every year.

Obveously yes, I could be wrong, he could be asking for much less.

But after the Raider Nation has sat and watched him demand more and more money every year, because he claims "He's worth it"  And then him not show a darn thing... Thats what I'd bet hes doing now,

1421887[/snapback]

Woodsons' been Franchised and accepted the tender the last two years runnig.

He hasn't negotoitiated a new contract in years.

Woodsons' been Franchised and accepted the tender the last two years runnig.

He hasn't negotoitiated a new contract in years.

1422008[/snapback]

The Raiders have been forced to franchise him because he never accepts their offers. They spend time negotiating a long term deal (which is what he claims he wants), and he decides they arn't offering as much as he's worth, so they franchise him.

Obveously after two years of this, they realized he isn't worth the money he's asking or the time of day.

Last year the Raiders Franchised him very early without any contract negotiations at all. They had planned on taking their time to negotiate with him, knowing he was locked up with the Franchise Tag.

Woodson pulled the rug out from under them by immediately signing the Tender.

They were very surprised by that.

His 1st Franchise they were unable to come to terms on a long term contract, but prior to that he was under contract.

That's only one time that they didn't get a deal done.

Lots of players have been in that boat. Edge & Jones right off the top of my head.