[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CB Woodson turns down the Pack

Big Score 1

What's interesting is that Cromartie is scheduled to visit the Packers according to KFFL. TT recently said he had no interest in bringing in the top guys for a visit, but does this mean he is considering trading down? I mean, it's not like Cromartie is gonna make it to 2.5.

Woodosn is a VERY vocal about wanting more dough. You don't sign a Franchise tag and then expect to take less or somethign close somewhere else the following season. Even when the guy isn't hurt, he gets burned ALL THE TIME. There is a reason the Raiders let Buchanan go, as the Titans have learned, and there is a reason why they let him go as well.

Woodosn is a VERY vocal about wanting more dough. You don't sign a  Franchise tag and then expect to take less or somethign close somewhere else the following season. Even when the guy isn't hurt, he gets burned ALL THE TIME. There is a reason the Raiders let Buchanan go, as the Titans have learned, and there is a reason why they let him go as well.

1422966[/snapback]

Do you know how many $$$ he's asking for...even ballpark?

Woodosn is a VERY vocal about wanting more dough. You don't sign a  Franchise tag and then expect to take less or somethign close somewhere else the following season. Even when the guy isn't hurt, he gets burned ALL THE TIME. There is a reason the Raiders let Buchanan go, as the Titans have learned, and there is a reason why they let him go as well.

1422966[/snapback]

Just not true. Woodson took advantage of a stupid move by the Raiders -- they thought there was no way Woodson would play in Oakland again, so they figured they'd be able to trade him. He thought about it, then decided he WOULD play in Oakland again -- for $10 million bucks. They had no idea he was going to sign the tender. When he did, even Norv Turner said, "We expect that he's found a trade partner...should be announced soon..." Nope.

Woodson KNEW he wasn't worth $10 million, but it wasn't going to stop him from taking the money.

If you think Woodson is expecting to make $10 million for a season EVER again, you need to check your head.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys go after him. Then they could move Henry to FS. That would be a nice secondary, Neman and Woodson on corners, Henry at FS and Williams at SS. It won't happen, but it would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Just not true. Woodson took advantage of a stupid move by the Raiders -- they thought there was no way Woodson would play in Oakland again, so they figured they'd be able to trade him. He thought about it, then decided he WOULD play in Oakland again -- for $10 million bucks. They had no idea he was going to sign the tender. When he did, even Norv Turner said, "We expect that he's found a trade partner...should be announced soon..." Nope.

Woodson KNEW he wasn't worth $10 million, but it wasn't going to stop him from taking the money.

If you think Woodson is expecting to make $10 million for a season EVER again, you need to check your head.

1423720[/snapback]

head check - 2006 $10.5 mil.

1423720[/snapback]

Was Woodson not expecting 52 mil?

Good luck keeping him on the field, fellas. He'll tell ya how good he is when he does.

Was Woodson not expecting 52 mil?

Good luck keeping him on the field, fellas. He'll tell ya how good he is when he does.

1441071[/snapback]

As in the case of most of these supposedly monstours contracts, the Devil is in the Details.

The $52 million, is in reality $18 million over three years.

As in the case of most of these supposedly monstours contracts, the Devil is in the Details.

The $52 million, is in reality $18 million over three years.

1441110[/snapback]

With 10.5 in the first, and 7.5 in the second and third combined, right? Swiss said he would never expect a team to pay him 10 mil a year and told me to check my head for thinking so.

Well, I'm back from checking it and lookie lookie, Green Bay has got a cookie.

With 10.5 in the first, and 7.5 in the second and third combined, right? Swiss said he would never expect a team to pay him 10 mil a year and told me to check my head for thinking so.

Well, I'm back from checking it and lookie lookie, Green Bay has got a cookie.

1441335[/snapback]

A broken one at that... :D

I bet he doesnt make it through the season...

To be fair, Swiss said "10 million"... not $10.5 mil. :D

1441073[/snapback]

Don't be silly, dude -- I think it's fair to say that WITH a signing bonus and base salary combined, Woodson would make close to $10 million in his first year, no matter where he signed. In this case Woodson certainly got more guaranteed money than I expected, but he also gave up a LOT of long-term security, which is very unusual. He still wouldn't have gotten $10M guaranteed under normal contract provisions.

The bottom line is that you were wrong to correlate him signing his tender last year with how much he expected to get in FA.

Don't be silly, dude -- I think it's fair to say that WITH a signing bonus and base salary combined, Woodson would make close to $10 million in his first year, no matter where he signed. In this case Woodson certainly got more guaranteed money than I expected, but he also gave up a LOT of long-term security, which is very unusual. He still wouldn't have gotten $10M guaranteed under normal contract provisions.

The bottom line is that you were wrong to correlate him signing his tender last year with how much he expected to get in FA.

1441930[/snapback]

Wow, great back-peddaling there...maybe the Pack should sign you up to play corner as well. :D

Face it Cheez, you were wrong. You never expected ANY team to give Woodson 10 mil in his first year, let alone your beloved Packers. So his contract may end up being a 1 year contract, so what, the Pack will still end up giving Woodson what you clearly thought was impossible his first year (over 10 mil)

Just own up to it and move on....

1441930[/snapback]

Spin it as much as you like, bottom line is you said he wouldnt get nor expect to get 10 mil a year. The Pack gave him a contract that pays him 10.5 in his first year.

Facts, not spin.

You guys are just being dense. You can think I was wrong and that I don't want to own up to it; that's fine. I'm just telling you what I meant when I wrote "If you think Woodson is expecting to make $10 million for a season EVER again, you need to check your head."

First, there was the comment (originally from kpholmes, I believe, in a different thread) about Woodson wanting $10 million PER year. That comment was alluded to in this thread by BigScore and Jolly Rodgers. Then, Vatican Hitsquad posted something that sounded a whole lot like he thought Woodson considered himself a $10-million-per-year type of player. Obviously, that's ridiculous.

You can interpret my comment however you'd like, but I'm just telling you what I meant. I wasn't including any signing/roster bonus in my thought process. Do you really think I would have been shocked to see Woodson get a $5M-dollar bonus and a $5M-dollar base salary in year 1? Brian Freaking Williams got $10 million from Jacksonville, if you include all his bonuses.

I'm not stupid. $10M guaranteed money in his FA contract is hardly surprising.